[BOOK SPOILERS] Are there any hidden cameos in the HBO series?

strifed169

Was just wondering if there was any cameos in the GoT HBO series cause theres alot of missing characters from the book that aren't shown on TV were they are suppose to be, or could be seen. Heres a list of possible hidden characters:

- Mance Rayder @ Winterfell feast

- Qhorin Halfhand @ Castle Black

- Lemoncloak, Tom O' Sevens, Thoros of Myr @ King's Landing (Red Keep behind Lord Beric?)

- Roose Bolton @ Moat Cailin (when Catelyn reunites with Robb)

I've tried searching for a simple answer but nothing, anybody see any cameos when watching the series? I think I saw Lemoncloak behind Lord Beric, he was wearing a yellow cloak. I want to go back to the WF feast and see if Mance is seen with his harp singing in a crowd, that would be awesome lol

They might have done something like that, but I doubt it, since they hadn't cast any of those characters when they made the first season.

If they've done something like you say, having a Lem behind Beric, it'll just be a yellow cloak thrown on an extra, and he'll probably be a different actor once he properly comes into the series.

Also, GRRM filmed a cameo appearance himself, but unfortunately it ended up on the cutting room floor.

No. It would be too much of a risk/expense/time-drain to cast characters that early for just a minor appearance. They are for instance changing the actors for Rorge and Biter, since they could only afford to use extras for them in season 1, but need proper actors for them now.

One exception to this is actually Dareon, who makes a short appearance at Castle Black, but whether or not they will be able to use the same actor for that role later is probably uncertain. Most likely he was just an extra.

By the way, Qhorin was not at Castle Black. He led his own expedition from the Shadow Tower and met up with the others at the Fist of the First Men.

Archived