[book Spoilers] Episode Titles - Just For Fun.

gillyflower

I'm not sure if this has already been discussed here, but anyway...

Any guesses on future episode title for GoT Season 2? I read somewhere that Blackwater is confirmed to be a title for at least one of the ten episodes, final ep, perhaps? The book title itself, A Clash of Kings maybe added as an episode as well. Anyway, here are some wild guesses based on events in ACoK. Feel free to add your own. :D

The Seven

The Ghost in Harrenhal

Winterfell / Prince of Winterfell

Valar Morghulis

The Stag and the Shadow

Edit: Blackwater is Ep. 09

I'm not sure if this has already been discussed here, but anyway...

Any guesses on future episode title for GoT Season 2? I read somewhere that Blackwater is confirmed to be a title for at least one of the ten episodes, final ep, perhaps? The book title itself, A Clash of Kings maybe added as an episode as well. Anyway, here are some wild guesses based on events in ACoK. Feel free to add your own. :D

The Seven

The Ghost in Harrenhal

Winterfell / Prince of Winterfell

Valar Morghulis

The Stag and the Shadow

Just have to second: nice call on Valar Morghulis. You KNOW that has to be an episode name. :)

They seemed to do just fine with the titles from season 1. I think it's a GREAT way to nod to the fans. And it's much more entertaining that "Episode 1"

I have to third "Valar Morghulis"

I'd like to see...

"Florian and Jonquil"

I also think "Turncloak" would be amazing for the last episode. Assuming both Jon and Theon's story lines end as the books do. (Not to mention if Ramsay Snow/Bolton is floating around too :D ) But obviously I know they will be mixing things around.

Put me down for Weasel Soup!

I like sorry love the idea of Turncloak for Theon/Jon betrayal eps

I know technically it's aSoS thing but the episode with the Undying should be called Dracarys and I think they should name an episode about the Chain because in canon no one acknowledges Tyrion's efforts.

Or name one episode after Joff's trebuchets maybe the one before blackwater.

I like the Turncloak idea, but isn't Theon's attack on Winterfell almost as early as halfway through the book, while Jon isn't supposed to go over to the wildlings until the very end. Theon's attack has to happen somewhat early too, with all that has to happen there. First he has trouble controlling the people there, so some of his men die, then Bran and Rickon run away and he has the miller kids killed. He also has to free Reek somewhere along the way. Asha has to come for a visit. Theon has some interaction with Osha. Cassel comes but is betrayed by Reek, then Winterfell is burned. After that, Bran and Rickon go back to Winterfell and talk to the dying Luwin. Granted, some of that can be cut, but not all. I more see Theon's attack on Winterfell in episode 6 or around there. Which could of course be called Turncloak, but that would be far too early to do Jon's story.

• 1 month later...

I think that we'll be seeing more house words as titles. We've already had "Winter is Coming" and "Fire and Blood". I think that it's likely that we'll see them all used by the end of the series.

Season 2:

We Do Not Sow (maybe the first Greyjoy attacks on the North)

You Know Nothing

The Rainbow Guard

A Shadow (the episode where Renly is killed)

The Iron Price

Palace of Dust

The Lord of Light

Season 3 (first half of SoS):

The Red Wedding (finale)

Season 4 (second half of SoS)

Sam the Slayer

As High As Honor (finale)

I think it would be appropriate if either the first or last episode was called A Clash of Kings. If the last episode, it would be the second part / aftermath of the Blackwater battle, where kings actually clash. If the first episode, it would be kind of an intro/recap of the newly-declared kings in the realm:

Tyrion taking over in King's Landing

Robb planning to battle [Oxcross?]

Theon finding out about his dad's intentions

Maester Cressen's prologue on Dragonstone, and possibly the burning of the Seven

Renly might have to wait til the next episode

(of course Arya and Jon as well)

As for season 3, as much as the title The Red Wedding is fitting and the obvious choice, I think it's too much of a spoiler alert. The RW episode title does need to be iconic though, being obvious to book readers but mysterious to non-readers, the way "Baelor" was. I think a fitting title would be A Storm of Swords - non-book viewers will probably just guess that it's a battle but we would know better why there are swords...

Unfortunately I can't think of any scene in the series where "A Feast for Crows" would be an appropriate episode title. The obvious choice for the episode entitled A Dance with Dragons is

Dany riding Drogon for the first time

I think a fitting title would be A Storm of Swords - non-book viewers will probably just guess that it's a battle but we would know better why there are swords...

There's more bolts than swords, I think.

Does anyone else think GRRM should do his cameo in the RW episodes (as his cameo in Dany's wedding got cut)? He could be one of the musicians, specifically the one who fires the first bolt.

There's more bolts than swords, I think.

Does anyone else think GRRM should do his cameo in the RW episodes (as his cameo in Dany's wedding got cut)? He could be one of the musicians, specifically the one who fires the first bolt.

That would be the funniest thing in what's supposed too be a tragic event .

1. Winter is coming
  2. The Kingsroad
  3. Lord Snow
  4. Cripples, Bastards, and Broken Things
  5. The Wolf and the Lion
  6. A Golden Crown
  7. You Win or You Die
  8. The Pointy End
  9. Baelor
  10. Fire and Blood

FWIW, it strikes me that all of the episode 1 titles are a phrase that is actually said in that episode (except Fire and Blood, I guess). And many of them only refer to a single character/storyline. So we might want to consider the dialogue that could be used each episode in figuring out what they will be.

e.g. "All men must die" - extremely likely to be one (won't the newbies be scared seeing that episode title?!)

I also really like "The Iron Price" for the sacking of Winterfell, and "A Clash of Kings" for the first episode.

FWIW, it strikes me that all of the episode 1 titles are a phrase that is actually said in that episode (except Fire and Blood, I guess). And many of them only refer to a single character/storyline. So we might want to consider the dialogue that could be used each episode in figuring out what they will be.

I like Valar Morghulis, Valar Dohaeris (first episode of Arya in the Temple of the Many-faced God?), The Ghost in Harrenhal, and The Iron Price. Other ideas along these lines:

The Knights of Summer

King Bread

Ice and Fire

Kings, Priests, and Rich Men

Title for s4 finale: Hands of Gold

Here are my efforts for s2, per episode, based on people's ideas in this thread and some of mine own.

King In The North

Lord of Light

The Iron Price

Craster's Keep

Is There Gold In The Village?

Clash of Kings

Valar Morghulis

Undying

Blackwater

Turncloak

FWIW, it strikes me that all of the episode 1 titles are a phrase that is actually said in that episode (except Fire and Blood, I guess).

Pycelle says it. So this is the pattern so far. Except for "The Pointy End," which was said in an earlier episode.

Archived