[book Spoilers] Episode Titles - Just For Fun.

gillyflower

I feel the Comet episode needs a much more poetic name. It's a major instigator of many of the character's train of thought as they go on their conquest. I had a real good idea earlier, but I forgot it, but it would be fun if they went with A Song of Fire and then in SoS have A Song of Ice. Yes, the connection would be much more clear due to the opening credits, but it'd still be a nice touch.

The Ghost in Harrenhal

Season 2:

We Do Not Sow (maybe the first Greyjoy attacks on the North)

The Iron Price

Season 4 (second half of SoS)

As High As Honor (finale)

Craster's Keep

Clash of Kings

Valar Morghulis

Undying

Especially love these ones.

I feel the Comet episode needs a much more poetic name. It's a major instigator of many of the character's train of thought as they go on their conquest.

Agreed. The Dothraki call it "The Bleeding Star," which has an obvious prophetic connection too, so that might work as a name.

All right, so with some deliberation, I've tried to come up with an idea for how the episodes will move in the system. Given that the BotB is essentially 6 chapters (57-62, thus assuming the rest falls in 63-69), I try and use that as a basis for the chapters proceeding it.

The Bleeding Star 0-7 (Excluding 1) and 12. Prologue, Sansa I, Tyrion I, Bran I, Arya II, John I, Catelyn I, Daenerys I

A reintroduction to the characters and situations. The Sansa chapter could easily transition into Tyrion, though the rest would have to be jumping. I also don't feel that Dany could possibly be left out of the first episode, especially after the climatic ending last time. I think she would be more situated in the middle rather than last, but for my purposes I'll put her last. I know that out of all these people, Jon or Bran could go on hold (probably Bran) to make way for time, but Catelyn, Sansa, Dany and Arya I feel need the quickest reintroductions.

It would start with the Prologue (which I expect to be near exact to the book, given that there's really no compromises needed) with the only additions of externalizing the Maester's thoughts towards Melisandre. I think it would definitely give us an indication of exactly why Stannis is a force to be reckoned with, as well as the stakes of anyone in the room with the witch.

Cut to Sansa (after an undoubtedly awesome intro sequence) arriving at Joffery's name day tourney where they learn about the knights that have deserted Joffery and the general maligning attitude of King's Landing. Tyrion arrives and speaks some comfort to Sansa before he goes off to make himself the acting Hand.

There he converses with his sister (and her disgust) over the current affairs and the ideas of the small council, again expressing the dire straights of the political situation. After getting a nice firm slap, he heads off to see Shae where Varys waits for him and poses the riddle, though I hope it will be a bit better handled than in the book. Seemed rather insignificant back then.

Catching back up at Winterfell, we see Bran's worry over the affairs and his seemingly mystical abilities. Not much here, except maybe some ephasis on the wolves.

Down with Arya (since Arya I was partially covered), she starts having some conversations with Jaqen before they encounter the goldcloaks. After the kickass scene with the hilarious line, Gendry and Arya share some looks before they get the warning to ride off if they're happened upon again.

Jon needs no introduction, save for him walking in on Sam buried in his books. They discuss about the Watch ahead, Jon trying to quell both their fears with his words. As they're readying to part, he hears the story of Aemon as a remnder to their service, Jon preparing himself for the strife beyond.

Back at Riverrun (writing these synopsis' is a lot to cover!), Catelyn and Robb discuss how to move forward. He makes the heavy decision of sending Theon to treat with his father despite his mother's insistence (becoming a major role of his character) and learning of her wisdom in not directly assaulting Tywin as well.

Across the Narrow Sea, Dany's troubles have only jsut begun. Her pack has shrunk to a shriveled size and are onyl driven by the comet and the dragons. We see a bit of the dragons and they're abilities, though Dany herself doubts they will be able to show those abilities to full caliber some day. Just as it seems lost for them, they get the envoys from Quarth.

We Do Not Sow 8-14 (homogenonizing 9 and excluding 12) Tyrion II, Davos I, Theon I, Jon I, Arya III/IV

Will deliberate some more and have synopsis' sometime.

All right, so with some deliberation, I've tried to come up with an idea for how the episodes will move in the system. Given that the BotB is essentially 6 chapters (57-62, thus assuming the rest falls in 63-69), I try and use that as a basis for the chapters proceeding it.

The Bleeding Star 0-7 (Excluding 1) and 12. Prologue, Sansa I, Tyrion I, Bran I, Arya II, John I, Catelyn I, Daenerys I

A reintroduction to the characters and situations. The Sansa chapter could easily transition into Tyrion, though the rest would have to be jumping. I also don't feel that Dany could possibly be left out of the first episode, especially after the climatic ending last time. I think she would be more situated in the middle rather than last, but for my purposes I'll put her last. I know that out of all these people, Jon or Bran could go on hold (probably Bran) to make way for time, but Catelyn, Sansa, Dany and Arya I feel need the quickest reintroductions.

It would start with the Prologue (which I expect to be near exact to the book, given that there's really no compromises needed) with the only additions of externalizing the Maester's thoughts towards Melisandre. I think it would definitely give us an indication of exactly why Stannis is a force to be reckoned with, as well as the stakes of anyone in the room with the witch.

Cut to Sansa (after an undoubtedly awesome intro sequence) arriving at Joffery's name day tourney where they learn about the knights that have deserted Joffery and the general maligning attitude of King's Landing. Tyrion arrives and speaks some comfort to Sansa before he goes off to make himself the acting Hand.

There he converses with his sister (and her disgust) over the current affairs and the ideas of the small council, again expressing the dire straights of the political situation. After getting a nice firm slap, he heads off to see Shae where Varys waits for him and poses the riddle, though I hope it will be a bit better handled than in the book. Seemed rather insignificant back then.

Catching back up at Winterfell, we see Bran's worry over the affairs and his seemingly mystical abilities. Not much here, except maybe some ephasis on the wolves.

Down with Arya (since Arya I was partially covered), she starts having some conversations with Jaqen before they encounter the goldcloaks. After the kickass scene with the hilarious line, Gendry and Arya share some looks before they get the warning to ride off if they're happened upon again.

Jon needs no introduction, save for him walking in on Sam buried in his books. They discuss about the Watch ahead, Jon trying to quell both their fears with his words. As they're readying to part, he hears the story of Aemon as a remnder to their service, Jon preparing himself for the strife beyond.

Back at Riverrun (writing these synopsis' is a lot to cover!), Catelyn and Robb discuss how to move forward. He makes the heavy decision of sending Theon to treat with his father despite his mother's insistence (becoming a major role of his character) and learning of her wisdom in not directly assaulting Tywin as well.

Across the Narrow Sea, Dany's troubles have only jsut begun. Her pack has shrunk to a shriveled size and are onyl driven by the comet and the dragons. We see a bit of the dragons and they're abilities, though Dany herself doubts they will be able to show those abilities to full caliber some day. Just as it seems lost for them, they get the envoys from Quarth.

We Do Not Sow 8-14 (homogenonizing 9 and excluding 12) Tyrion II, Davos I, Theon I, Jon I, Arya III/IV

Will deliberate some more and have synopsis' sometime.

I think you forgot in the finale that the Night's Watch had already gone beyond the wall so they are skipping Jon's first chapter

The Onion Knight (Davo's intro)

The Prince of Winterfell (Theon's takeover)

The Giant of Lannister (Tyrion's Trial)

The Rains of Castamere (Red Wedding)

A Drink of Wine (Joff's wedding)

Arms of the Kraken (Raid on The Reach)

Frey Pies (Davos meeting Manderly)

Also pun titles!:

Don't Be Afraid of the Stark

Qy-burn Notice

There's Something About Margaery

Wight Men Can't Jump

I do like A Ghost in Harrenhal, as it could be mirrored with a later season episode of similar events in the North. Plus, Harrenhal deserves some exposition. Weasel Soup however is much more focused on Arya and I don't know if that would serve. Also, this late in the season, there are other names available... Valar Morghulis, Valar Doehaeris (I totally botched that up, right?) would however be better placed in the third or fourth season, when the Viewers already know the term or can look it up non-spoilered.

Going further North, (When) Winter Fell would be a funny wordplay on Theons Actions in the North as we still haven't seen Winterfell rise again... However, The Iron Price captures the essence even more and can be related to other events in the Realm as well. The Turncloak can suit as well, but it can also be saved for a later season when it can mirror Jon Snow with Theon Grejoy.

I would like Family Values for when the Nightwatch meets Craster, and it also relates somehow to the relationship between Sansa and Joffrey (What are the values of the Lannisters?) and Robb's Story (Honor as a Family Values (he's Neds son) demands him to marry Jeyne after he screwed her. Kissed by Fire would also be nice for the Ygritte-Jon story and Melisandres antics, but that probably be a later season. (Or Fire and Blood?).

What about The Peach and the Shadow for Renly and Stannis encounter? The Peach at the beginning of the episode and the Shadow at the end. They may contract the two "shadow babies" (for Renly and the commander of Storms Keep) into one. Are there any possible titles from Tyrion's or Robb's Arc? They'd need one as well...

• 2 months later...

I think the episode where Renly and Stannis meet should be a "A Clash of Kings" that should be around episode 5... I think Renly will be killed in the episode after. They will most likely end the episode with the promise of war, then have Renly killed in the next one and have it end with Cat and Brienne and their guard escaping

I'd love to see the "Ghost in Harrenhal" as an episode, that could be when Jaqen kills Weese and Chysyck

Weasel Soup or Valar Morghulis is a tough call, both are awesome names... but I think i'd have to side with "Valar Morghulis" just as a shout out to the fans of the books

I like the Iron Price as an episode, but we don't know how far Theon's arc is going to go this season....

<p>Fun game, keeping in mind that the show will have to focus on Robb more than the book did, in no particular order:</p>

<p>&nbsp;</p>

<p>1.&nbsp; The Onion Knight</p>

<p>Meet Stannis, Mel, Davos et al.</p>

<p>Tyrion arrives in KL</p>

<p>Jon prepares to&nbsp;range north</p>

<p>King Robb and Cleos Frey</p>

<p>Dany wanders the wastes (briefly)</p>

<p>Arya on the Kingsroad w/ Yoren</p>

<p>&nbsp;</p>

<p>2.&nbsp; City of Bones</p>

<p>Dany finds Vaes Toloro</p>

<p>Stannis plots, the 7 burn</p>

<p>Tyrion plots and sets up LF, Varys and Pycelle</p>

<p>Arya encounters Ser Amory, Yoren dies.</p>

<p>Bran does the price routine at Winterfell and remembers the incest.</p>

<p>&nbsp;</p>

<p>3.&nbsp; I Yield</p>

<p>Arya, Hot Pie and Co. get captured by the Mountain and go to the village</p>

<p>Robb sends Cat to Renly</p>

<p>John Ranges North just making it to Crasters Keep</p>

<p>Theon meets his father and Asha, plots against the North</p>

<p>Sansa encounters her Florian.</p>

<p>&nbsp;</p>

<p>4.&nbsp; Oxcross</p>

<p>Robb wins the battle of Oxcross</p>

<p>Tyrion and Shagga barge in on Pycelle (one of my favorite scenes)</p>

<p>Arya is taken to Harrenhal, meets Weese</p>

<p>Dany meets the Quaith, Pryat Pree and Xaro Xoan Daxos and heads to Quarth</p>

<p>Craster&#39;s Keep Scene</p>

<p>&nbsp;</p>

<p>5.&nbsp; The Ghost of Harrenhal</p>

<p>Bran meets the Reeds while Ser Roderick goes to deal with Bolton</p>

<p>Cat makes/reaches Renly&nbsp;</p>

<p>Tyrion punks Lancel</p>

<p>Arya in Harrenhal makes the deal with Jaquen for 3 lives, meet the Brave Companions, Chiswyck tells story and gets killed.</p>

<p>Sansa beaten for Oxcross</p>

<p>Theon Raids Stony shore, Benefred Tallhart Drowned</p>

<p>&nbsp;</p>

<p>6. A Clash of Kings&nbsp;</p>

<p>Renly and Stannis meet near Storms End with Cat at Parley.</p>

<p>Theon and Dagmer plan the sack of winterfell</p>

<p>Robb wins another battle (Ashenmark)</p>

<p>Tyrion shores up defenses/wildfire and chain</p>

<p>Lord Tywin prepares to March/Weese dies</p>

<p>Jon and the ranges move towards the first of first men.</p>

<p>&nbsp;</p>

<p>7.&nbsp; Death by Shadows or (Peaches and Shadows)</p>

<p>Renly gets killed by a Shadow, Cat and Brienne flee</p>

<p>Dany meets the Quartheen who reject her requests</p>

<p>Myrcella sails for Dorne</p>

<p>Stannis gets Renly&#39;s men and treats with cortney Penrose</p>

<p>Jon meets Quorin and Mormont sends him off</p>

<p>Mel Births the shadow to kill Ser Cortnay</p>

<p>&nbsp;</p>

<p>8.&nbsp; The Undying</p>

<p>Tyrion plots (Rosby, Tommen etc..) we learn of Ser Cortnay&#39;s suspcious death and Stannis is on the way.</p>

<p>Bran has Wolf dreams and Theon sacks winterfell.&nbsp; Bran and Rickon escape and Theon looks for them with Reek.</p>

<p>Jon and Company meet Ygritte and her folks</p>

<p>Sansa Chats with Dontos</p>

<p>Cat meets with Jaime again</p>

<p>Dany and the Undyling</p>

<p>&nbsp;</p>

<p>9.&nbsp; Blackwater</p>

<p>Blackwater from multiple perspectives, shold be 75% of the episode</p>

<p>Theon comes back with &quot;Bran and Rickon&#39;s heads,&quot; meets with Asha and sends Reek off to get Bolton men.</p>

<p>&nbsp;</p>

<p>&nbsp;</p>

<p>10.&nbsp; The Sack of Winterfell or &quot;The Bastard of Bolton&quot;</p>

<p>Robb takes the Crag and meets Jeyne</p>

<p>Roose Bolton takes Harrenhal, Ser Amory is fed to a bear</p>

<p>Jon and Quorin are caught and fight to the death</p>

<p>Roose Bolton and the Frey&#39;s discuss a betrayal</p>

<p>Dany meets Arstan and Belwas</p>

<p>The Sack of Winterfell by Bolton ends with Bran and Rickon being revealed to Maester Luwin and they flee.</p>

<p>&nbsp;</p>

<p>Can&#39;t friggin wait!</p>

<p>&nbsp;</p>

<ul>

<li>&nbsp;</li>

</ul>

Lord Martin- I agree with you. THis would be great if the season went this way, but Ramsay hasn't been cast. Hopefully they are just keeping it as a secret, but I wouldn't be surprised if he is in it... (This would really make me mad though, it was one of the best/biggest twists in the series, not just that he was Ramsay and not Reek, but that he sacked Winterfell after slaughtering Roderick and Cerwyn's host and THEN killed the iron born)

The Reeds have not been cast either... so its anyones guess how the Winterfeel scenes are going to go. I am dubious to be sure

• 2 months later...

1: Fire in the Sky

2. The Iron Price

3. Five Kings

4. A Shadow in the Night /(I also like "The Peach and the Shadow")

5. The Skirling Pass /(also like "King Bread" for the mob scene)

6. Prince of Winterfell

7. The House of the Undying / The Undying of Qarth / just "Undying"

8. The Ghost in Harrenhall / Valar Morghulis (alternatively, have both as episode titles, moving the former back a couple eps to when Chiswyck dies)

9. Fire on the Water (could be a nice connection/contrast with ep. 1 title) Alternatively, "Blackwater / Battle of the Blackwater / Battle on the Blackwater"

10. Turncloak (Perfect. Alternatively, Oath breaker / Last Command / No Balking, heh.)

I thought they did excellent with the first season titles, and got each one to be a line spoken during that episode. I tried to follow that pattern, though I think a few (such as The Peach and the Shadow) will almost certainly not be spoken. I also tried to include references to the plots of all the major characters. Unfortunately episodes 1 and 2 have pretty much been revealed and are somewhat disappointing, but I would be very surprised if not one of these suggested titles ends up appearing.

For later books:

SoS, in rough chronological order:

Kissed by Fire

The Brotherhood Without Banners

Dracarys

The Knight of the Laughing Tree

Green Dreams (if they move the Reeds to season 3)

The Maiden and the Bear (Jaime rescuing Brienne)

She-Wolf / The Wolf and the Hound

RW ep.=The Rains of Castamere / Rain of Blood

The Mountain and the Viper

Giant of Lannister

The Horn of Winter

Final Episode: As High as Honor

FFC:

Broken Men

The Smallest Council

Kingsmoot

Queenmaker

Vayar Dohaeris / The Many Faced God