[twow Spoilers] Arianne II, Part 2

Angalin

Something tells me that if Daemon Sand was sent to seduce JonCon, then the following will happen: Daemon succeeds but to his dismay JonCons greyscale became active again, and he then has sex with Arainne which gives her greyscale as well :bawl: .

I think this might begin spreading greyscale in the South while Shireen does it in the North.

How is it passed from person to person? I don't think it is an STD..... I don't think it is transferable at all.......right?

How is it passed from person to person? I don't think it is an STD..... I don't think it is transferable at all.......right?

It's extremely transferable, it's a plague waiting to happen. Touch might not even be required. Look at Vals comments to Jon, or the Tyrion chapter where they are sailing threw the sorrows, or the JonCon chapter when he shows us he has greyscale and tells us how no one would follow him if they knew, they would burn him or run as far away as possible.

No. No. No. NO.

Arianne Martell is the heir to Dorne, Asha Greyjoy is the heir to the Iron Islands (or will contest the Kingsmoot through Theon and rule through him), Shireen Baratheon is the heir to Stannis's kingdom, Sansa Stark is the heir to Winterfell (and she's also currently Edmure Tully's heir if he ever re-takes Riverrun), Cersei Lannister is the heir to Casterly Rock, women have been ruling Bear Island for years, Alys Karstark will probably inherit the lordship, etc.

So please tell me how "all the important people are men"? And please tell me how these men in Westeros will oppose Daenerys after she storms through Essos, sacking and pillaging cities, and defeats Aegon in the second dance of the dragons? They'll bend the knee or she'll destroy them. If they don't like her taking two husbands or six husbands or one hundred husbands, they can feel free to oppose her... but they will lose.

Is this a prediction or fan fiction? This is not a matriarchal society, not by any stretch of the imagination. Women are more often than not second class citizens in the world of Westeros despite some at the top being able to rule. Daenerys will still have to live within certain cultural norms, I don't care how powerful she is.

Is this a prediction or fan fiction? This is not a matriarchal society, not by any stretch of the imagination. Women are more often than not second class citizens in the world of Westeros despite some at the top being able to rule. Daenerys will still have to live within certain cultural norms, I don't care how powerful she is.

Daenerys is powerful enough to define the cultural norms. That's the point I'm trying to stress.

She lives by the Meereenese cultural norms when she rules Meereen, and it's part of the reason she fails.

It's extremely transferable, it's a plague waiting to happen. Touch might not even be required. Look at Vals comments to Jon, or the Tyrion chapter where they are sailing threw the sorrows, or the JonCon chapter when he shows us he has greyscale and tells us how no one would follow him if they knew, they would burn him or run as far away as possible.

JonCon gets it from the stone man but Tyrion is not infected at least so far. It seems that some form or another is not contagious or maybe it's not contagious until it's final manifestation.

It's extremely transferable, it's a plague waiting to happen. Touch might not even be required.

I don't think Shireen is dangerous. She has a childhood form of the disease that disfigures but doesn't kill and has run its course long ago and she's not contagious. She's also protected from the deadly adult form that does appear to be perpetually contagious. I doubt Stannis would allow her to come to the wall if she were going to spread disease to his badly needed troops.

JonCon, however, he could be a problem.

Edited by Red Raven

JonCon gets it from the stone man but Tyrion is not infected at least so far. It seems that some form or another is not contagious or maybe it's not contagious until it's final manifestation.

...unless you're a fan of the theory that Tyrion's non-infection is evidence that he has Targaryen blood and is therefore not susceptible to the sicknesses of lesser men. :dunno:

Not even with Ebola or black plague or SARS or pick your poison would everyone who came in contact with it be infected. Some people r just badass in that way. Tyrion's not being infected by the stone men does not mean that it is not a deadly plague. I see no reason why JonCon's own thoughts about the deadliness of the disease and its transferability should be ignored based on Tyrions not being infected. As far as Shireen go's, Vals comments open up the possibility that the childhood form of the disease is only temporarily halted, and that cold winter weather could unleash the adult form.

So a Tyrell army rides from KL. Is it mean Marg found innocent ?

Looks like it. I was speculating that Tyene would be successful in sticking Marge with a guilty verdict in order to keep Mace's troops in King's Landing and further drive a wedge between the Tyrells and the Lannisters so Aegon and JonCon can run around the Stormlands largely unopposed, but it looks like Aegon is about to face his first real battle.

Oh, and it provides a juicy situation for a greyscale plague to begin.

Edited by Red Raven

RIght I guess I was just confused because Tyrion didn't get it. And Jon Con is in training and close proximity to several people on the Shy Maid and in the Golden Company and he doesn't spread it, so how can it be a crazy plague?...... Oh you're saying it can't be spread until you are all the way stone man? hmmm that's weird.

and yeah definitely not all Targ's are invincible to sickness. But I do think a select few of them have stronger immune systems than most normal people..

Edited by Suzanna Stormborn

Off topic, but I wonder if the Damphair chapter confirms the speculation that he was molested by Euron as a child. Yikes.

I think you're right. Aeron was definitely molested by Euron as a child, which also explains his deep hatred for him. Euron also seduced/raped Victarion's wife and being a sexual deviant isn't too out of character for him.

• 3 weeks later...

So a Tyrell army rides from KL. Is it mean Marg found innocent ?

That was my first thought too when I read the chapter. But I was under the impression that Cersei's trial was supposed to take place before Margaery. I'm guessing what happened was that once Kevan was dead Mace said we're putting an end to this farce, and orders Tommen to give Margaery a royal pardon (and possibly Cersei too, since Tommen's rule depends on Cersei's innocence). That will of course strain the relationship between the Tyrells and the Septon. And with Cersei free and Kevan dead, she will no doubt try to mess things up again.

...unless you're a fan of the theory that Tyrion's non-infection is evidence that he has Targaryen blood and is therefore not susceptible to the sicknesses of lesser men. :dunno:

I'd always just assumed he'd been extremely lucky but I guess those are both things to think about.

That was my first thought too when I read the chapter. But I was under the impression that Cersei's trial was supposed to take place before Margaery. I'm guessing what happened was that once Kevan was dead Mace said we're putting an end to this farce, and orders Tommen to give Margaery a royal pardon (and possibly Cersei too, since Tommen's rule depends on Cersei's innocence). That will of course strain the relationship between the Tyrells and the Septon. And with Cersei free and Kevan dead, she will no doubt try to mess things up again.

Considering Cersei chose trial by combat I also assumed hers would go first. I may be wrong but it seems TBC is a lot easier to put together than an actual trial. I can see Mace pressing Tommen to speed things up but either way I think it ends with both Cersei and Margaery eventually escaping a conviction.