[book Spoilers] Small Things You Want Kept In Season 2

Arrogant Bastard

What are some of the little moments, such as lines of dialog, character interactions that you don't want to see cut from season 2. So I mean something like a favorite line, not something as big as the battle of the blackwater.

For me:

--Arya telling the Frey squire she hopes his princess dies, w/o knowing that it's her. I think this would be cool to keep in and for attentive viewers it would be pretty funny in a subtle way.

--Varys' riddle to Tyrion about the sellsword and the septon, king, and rich guy

--Jaqen rubbling blood from his blade on Arya during the weasel soup

--Not really from the book, but I hope this season Tyrion reveals the rest of the story about Tysha; the show left out the part about how he had to go last and paid with gold.

--Weese's whole spiel about how he only wants to smell fear from Arya and the other servants

--Tyrion vs Lancel. I'm sure this will be kept, but I hope they include the line that goes something like "Shagga will burst in here and kill you, with an axe, not a wineskin".

I would have liked very much to have seen the Cat & Jaime interrogation scene kept intact but it's too late for that. It was the scene I was most looking forward to.

I think they will put this in, although it will be shorter. The scene at the end of season 1 was only part of the interrogation, and it portrayed Jaime as being defiant despite his capture. They will have to get to the rest of the interrogation in order to show Cat and Brienne freeing Jaime in the end, and to show him answering her questions more cooperatively.

I would like to see Tyrion and the singer who wrote the song about his secret meetings with Shae

--Tyrion vs Lancel. I'm sure this will be kept, but I hope they include the line that goes something like "Shagga will burst in here and kill you, with an axe, not a wineskin".

I hope for the Tyrion and Lancel scene too, if only because Lancel is a character who continuously pops up in the story, even if in a secondary capacity. Also I think that scene is the point where he starts to feel really kinda guilty and ashamed and changes him. Really takes the wind out of his sails.

Of course like the typical fangirl, I really hope they do all the Sansa/Hound scenes justice. As in, they can't avoid the Hound actually having fairly meaty dialogue in the second season. He barely spoke last season and whole scenes were missing.

Anything involving Renly. Seriously. With anyone. This just makes me worried. Instead of having another blowjob scene, I would like to witness something he actually did in the books. His character has suffered so badly in this adaptation. I don't blame the actor or anything, because I think he would do fine, but he's not being given the scenes, or dialogue. I just have Renly-issues.

First of all.....close cropped nearly shaved head...no. Could they have not given him a wig? He's supposed to be a charismatic, funny guy. He barely speaks in the show. Another thing that concerns me is how much attention is being given to Margaery Tyrell. SHE IS NOT IN THE BOOK. She has two lines in one chapter. So undoubtedly Renly is going to get butchered even more to make room for a bigger name actress. I'm sure we are going to see imagined filler so she has something to do. I'd rather see what he actually did do, thanks.

Roose Bolton. I hope the leeches make it in. LOL Also they are going to have to find a way for him to speak in a whispering tone. I don't care how. Cause that defines him. Well that and the sadism......but ok.

If there's a way to get Maester Cressen's internal monologue onscreen, that would be super.

That nice little scene where Tyrion and Cersei rejoice over Stannis's attack on Renly... and then Tyrion poisons her.

Barristan swatting the manticore in Qarth.

Sansa accosted by the Hound on the stairs and the roof.

Keep Ser Cortnay's entire scene, that guy is a BAMF.

Seconded; the parley at Storm's End is solid gold. "Bring your storm, my lord. And recall, if you do, the name of this castle." :D

I'd like to see all of Dany's visions at the Undying. Particularly the woman and the four dwarves, the king with the wolf head, and Rhaegar and Elia after the birth of Aegon.

And also Tyrion getting Shagga (?) to cut Pycelle's beard. :D

Oh, and one more thing. It's obviously not shown in the books, but I hope they show Loras helping Renly "pray". :P And I hope it's a proper sex scene... After all, it is their last time together, isn't it?

Arstan aka Barristan Selmy showing up at the end.

Indeed, and I hope they keep the entire scene intact. There's a great moment where Jorah notices they are being followed in the Quarth markets, and then they stop to haggle over a big shiny silver plate so he can show Dany Arstan/Belwas in the reflection. :D And then of course the assassination attempt and Arstan being a BAMF with his stick.

I hope they keep the part during Blackwater where Sansa is comforting all the other women during the battle! SANSA YOU ARE SUCH A BAMF IN YOUR OWN WAY! And, I hope that LF says to Sansa "Life is not a song, sweetling. One day you'll learn that to your sorrow."

The visions of the House of the Undying...all of them. Sorry but feeling a bit jilted that we got no Tower of Joy dreams from Ned, nor did we get Bran's crow dreams (aside from the one about Ned dying and even that was a retelling to Osha), I need to see some of the prophetic stuff this season.

The Reeds. Sort of worried that they will be made into smaller characters or written out entirely because Tonks (can't remember her name) is playing Osha but they are needed. Not only to set Bran on his path, warn him of Theon's trechery, but because they are the ones who tell the story of the Knight of the Laughing Tree and the Harranhal Tourney. Particularly since we lost the TOJ bits in one, these stories need to be told.

Wyman Manderly. Okay so he isn't little but still, minor player in this book but I'd really like to keep the scene where he meets with Bran and talks about setting up a bank for Robb and wanting to marry Lady Hornewood.

And as others mentioned above...Ser Courtnay. I loved his scenes short as they were.

I would have liked very much to have seen the Cat & Jaime interrogation scene kept intact but it's too late for that. It was the scene I was most looking forward to.

Agreed. In the book he actually admits to everything, whereas on the show he said next to nothing. So maybe they can rehash that when Catelyn finally sets Jaime loose.

The visions of the House of the Undying...all of them.

Another good one. The House of the Undying was one of my favorite chapters of the entire series, so I hope they do it well. The producers seem to be reluctant to show flashbacks, although they did spend quite a bit of time on Bran's dream about the 3 eyed crow, so maybe they'll show Rhaegar, and Aerys, etc... in the HOTU.

Another good one. The House of the Undying was one of my favorite chapters of the entire series, so I hope they do it well. The producers seem to be reluctant to show flashbacks, although they did spend quite a bit of time on Bran's dream about the 3 eyed crow, so maybe they'll show Rhaegar, and Aerys, etc... in the HOTU.

I also agree - I would like them to show as much of the HOTU visions as possible. However, if I had to rank how crucial each vision/part is to show, it would go something like this:

1. Rhaegar and Elia "he was the prince that was promised, and his is the song of ice and fire"

2. Wolf-head king and slaughtered guests - horrific and ominous

3. Three fires, three mounts, three treasons

4. Ten thousand slaves screaming "Mother" - this would be chilling in retrospect once it actually happens in season 3

5. The woman and the four dwarves - assuming this is only a metaphor

The other scenes are mostly just flashbacks we've already seen and metaphors, so they're not as important. Aery's line "let him be king over charred bones" can be told in Jaime's flashback instead.

Archived