[book Spoilers] Small Things You Want Kept In Season 2

Arrogant Bastard

1. Rhaegar and Elia "he was the prince that was promised, and his is the song of ice and fire"

2. Wolf-head king and slaughtered guests - horrific and ominous

3. Three fires, three mounts, three treasons

4. Ten thousand slaves screaming "Mother" - this would be chilling in retrospect once it actually happens in season 3

5. The woman and the four dwarves - assuming this is only a metaphor

Obviously I don't know how they are going to do HotU, and I would very much love to see 1, 2, and 4 above... but I am wondering if they may not instead just do the recitation of the explicit prophecy, since it would be much easier to film (basically in the books, Dany sees a floating, black heart in the darkness, then she hears the voice saying the mother of dragons... daughter of three... three mounts... stuff, which would be easy to film).

They could even add in Rhaegar's dialogue.

Obviously I don't know how they are going to do HotU, and I would very much love to see 1, 2, and 4 above... but I am wondering if they may not instead just do the recitation of the explicit prophecy, since it would be much easier to film (basically in the books, Dany sees a floating, black heart in the darkness, then she hears the voice saying the mother of dragons... daughter of three... three mounts... stuff, which would be easy to film).

They could even add in Rhaegar's dialogue.

Yea, considering their limited budget and the cost/benefit of setting up and shooting a few very elaborate scenes that only last a few seconds, I'd say that it is most likely that all the prophetic visions will be cut and we're only going to get the explicit prophecy recitation by the Undying's voices.

If I were D&D, this is what I would propose: shoot season 2 with only 1 or 2 of these visions, and maybe a flashback or two (Rhaegar's scene probably being the most important). Then, when season 2 is going to be released on DVD/Blu Ray, hopefully they will already have shot visions #2 and #4, and they can release an "extended edition" that includes these extra scenes, kind of the way Lord of the Rings did it. I for one would be much more tempted to buy these on Blu Ray then.

Yea, considering their limited budget and the cost/benefit of setting up and shooting a few very elaborate scenes that only last a few seconds, I'd say that it is most likely that all the prophetic visions will be cut and we're only going to get the explicit prophecy recitation by the Undying's voices.

If I were D&D, this is what I would propose: shoot season 2 with only 1 or 2 of these visions, and maybe a flashback or two (Rhaegar's scene probably being the most important). Then, when season 2 is going to be released on DVD/Blu Ray, hopefully they will already have shot visions #2 and #4, and they can release an "extended edition" that includes these extra scenes, kind of the way Lord of the Rings did it. I for one would be much more tempted to buy these on Blu Ray then.

They said they would not be doing flashbacks in the show . I don't know why people forgets this .

They said they would not be doing flashbacks in the show . I don't know why people forgets this .

I know they haven't done any flashbacks in the show, but did the writers actually say they would never do a flashback? I haven't heard that before. I'm not a fan of flashbacks in general at all, but with ASOIAF the history is so important that I don't think it would hurt to sprinkle in a few flashbacks as long as they don't get carried away with it. Maybe one or two a two season just to convey either important exposition or character motivations; I'd prefer that to some of the clunky (s)exposition that occurred throughout the first season.

Hotpie yelling Hotpie when fighting with Lorch's crew. Arya asking Hotpie for a tart over and over again and Hotpie saying no a bunch and Arya just takes one anyways.

One of the lines in the book that I cracked up about was when Theon compared the tricky-ness of Osha with Asha and said, "their names even sound alike!" But alas, Yara doesn't sound like Osha :(

Edit: Spelling, yo

Archived