Forum Passwords Reset

Westeros

Due to a possible bug or exploit, the A Song of Ice and Fire forum has had all passwords reset. No vital data or private information was lost or compromised, but we wanted to make sure that there was no way someone could access accounts despite this.

To get a new password, just use the ‘I forgot my password’ option and have it send a validation e-mail to you, which on response will provide you with the new password.

If you no longer have access to the e-mail with which you registered on the forum, please contact us at [email protected] with your login name and an updated e-mail address.

We should caution that we’re not absolutely sure that the bug/exploit will not be a problem again in the future, but we’re taking steps to make sure that if this happens again, we’ll be able to fix it in a more permanent way.

Visit the Site!

Anyone else finding the graphical verification a tough nut to crack? Some of those stricken-through fonts are tough to suss. Took me three tries, and I know for a fact that I just got lucky when it came to guessing what letters were actually depicted.

Still, I suppose it's better than suffering from spambots, thus rendering my complaint moot.

Welcome to the trials of Internet forums, version.current.

Once we've gone through the password reset process, and have gotten our new passwords, is there any way to change our password without also changing our email address? I'm getting endless error messages in trying.

Yes, I got this error too. If there's anything auto-entered in the email and password boxes on the change your email/password page, make sure those boxes are clear before you try to change your password. Otherwise the form gets confused. The only parts that should be filled in are at the bottom under Password.

I seem to be unable to change my password or even access anything in my control panel.

Once I've logged in using the system-generated new password, I try to access my profile. I get the message below:

[#1026] You are not permitted to modify all or some of your profile information.

Thank you for any help you might be able to provide.

EDIT: I tried again 20 minutes later, and it worked.

To Ran and the mods,

I am the artist formerly known as Slyfinger and was wondering if it would be too much trouble to get council member and my old post count back? I no longer have access to my old e-mail address(thanks Navy!) leaving all of my stuff inaccessible. Which sucks.

If it's possible I'd appreciate the help and if not, I'll soldier on.

Thanks.

I have my password back, but I cannot view my own profile to edit profile or add an avatar. Have there been issues with this as well?

EDIT-I see it fixed itself for a different member, but I've reset it over 20 minutes ago. I suppose I'll just keep being patient and hope for the best in a day or so.

I have my password back, but I cannot view my own profile to edit profile or add an avatar. Have there been issues with this as well?

EDIT-I see it fixed itself for a different member, but I've reset it over 20 minutes ago. I suppose I'll just keep being patient and hope for the best in a day or so.

Profile viewing is disabled in general to conserve bandwidth. For how to change your profile and avatar while the board is in Performance Mode, check this thread.

• 3 weeks later...

I've just had to go through the whole thing again and reset my password after trying unsuccessfully to sign on for the past few days. No idea why my account was suddenly 'suspended' as I had been using it since the last reset in September.

Am I doing something wrong???

Archived