NFL Regular Season 2011 Mk.II

Spring Bass

Really impressed by some of the early analysis here. Jaime L pretty much nailed the Redskins early promise and KalBear hit KC on the head. I was on the losing end of both of those games in our Pick 'Em pool. I'll have to pay more attention to posts here.

Wasn't at all impressed with the Niners win, LOB. The offense was anemic at best. 5 trips to the redzone and one TD. Unable to punch the ball in from inside the 5 near the end of the game. It seemed that they were deadset on giving the game away in the 2nd half. We can't expect to be bailed out by kickoff returns with any regularity.

The defense looked solid, but I'd be hard pressed to name a worse starting QB than Tarvaris Jackson. Hoping against hope that they can give the Cowgirls an honest contest next week.

Jeez think you might be overreacting a bit. The Jets barely bit a pretty shitty Cowboys team.

What? Me overreact?!?!? That's it: I am putting you on ignore, deleting all cookies from my computer from this web page and then driving to where the servers are located and burning that facility to the ground!

Okay, in all seriousness, the reality is that the Jets do this every season: they play 2-3 quarters per game and always seem to just do enough to win important games; this lulls people into a false sense of security thinking that "Hey, its no biggie: the Jets looked like crap against the Steelers- yeah they won and all but no way they do that again! And then boom! AFC Championship game is being held in New York. That's the Jets since Ryan arrived: they overachieve in making people underestimate them.

I'm strangely apprehensive about tonight's game.

I mean, it's the Dolphins with fucking Henne. Sorry, but try again. And yet...I dunno. I just have visions of things falling apart terribly at the seams and getting routed and imploding in the worst way.

Yeah yeah, I'm an irrational worrier, it's true.

So I've got my lucky undies on and my Pats hat and we are going to DO this!!

Really impressed by some of the early analysis here. Jaime L pretty much nailed the Redskins early promise and KalBear hit KC on the head. I was on the losing end of both of those games in our Pick 'Em pool. I'll have to pay more attention to posts here.

Wasn't at all impressed with the Niners win, LOB. .....

The defense looked solid, but I'd be hard pressed to name a worse starting QB than Tarvaris Jackson Donovan McNabb. Hoping against hope that they can give the Cowgirls an honest contest next week.

Fixed that for you.

I know I sound like a broken record. But as Rockroi and a few others have mentioned, the Colts have been a bad organization propped up by the brilliance of their QB.

Here is a conversation between two decision makers of the Colts front office.

Person 1: Um, Tarik Glenn has retired, our offensive line looks crap.

Person 2: No worries. Draft any muck @ LT. Don't do anything about the rest. Manning makes the right read, gets rid of the ball quickly; he will do his stuff. We'll be OK.

Person 1: Tony Dungy is retiring. Should we talk to Bill Cowher, may be?

Person 2: Nah, Peyton is the coach. Let's promote Zombie Caldwell when Tony retires.We'll be OK.

Anytime in the last 5 years

Person 1: Do we need to draft a good Running back, you know someone can give us a few hard yards; run between the tackles. May be a trade?

Person 2: Why? We have Peyton; we will throw on their ass. Get anyone who can catch a few balls off the backfield. Peyton will do the right reads, do a little play action. We'll be OK.

Person 1: Hey we have this fantastic trade proposal

Person 2: WE HAVE PEYTON F*CKING MANNIIIIIIIIIG. WE'LL BE OK!!!!

I could go on and on.

I hear they are scouting Andrew Luck. The Colt's will sure be in position to draft him. They look awful.

Addai was considered a fairly good pick at the time, and he had a very good rookie season. Brown ...the jury is still out on him. gonzalez has looked good when healthy, which is the issue. They've missed on their OLinemen, but RB? They have been fairly good at that.

IF the Pats are to still be considered an elite NFL team they have to win tonight going away- by like 14+ points. I think they can do that.

I don't know. The Dolphins actually look sort of good. The Patriots look better, but still.

Wasn't at all impressed with the Niners win, LOB. The offense was anemic at best. 5 trips to the redzone and one TD. Unable to punch the ball in from inside the 5 near the end of the game. It seemed that they were deadset on giving the game away in the 2nd half. We can't expect to be bailed out by kickoff returns with any regularity.

The defense looked solid, but I'd be hard pressed to name a worse starting QB than Tarvaris Jackson. Hoping against hope that they can give the Cowgirls an honest contest next week.

Oh, neither was I. I was just stoked about something exciting to watch in Ted Ginn in a year where that sort of thing wasn't supposed to happen anymore.

I'm kinda sad that your so new, and my schedule has me working on Sundays. You've missed my whisky fueled 49er game meltdowns in this thread. Apparently they are hilarious. I wouldn't know as I usually wake up on the floor with a noose in my hand. (Thank you whisky for saving me from the 49ers.)

But mark your calendar for Nov. 24 vs. Baltimore and Dec 19 vs. Pittsburgh.

but RB? They have been fairly good at that.

Isn't it almost impossible not to be? Is this where I can finally use the word 'fungible' in a sentence?

Ask Laurence Maroney whether or not he's happy being replaced by Danny Woodhead.

What does that have to do with it? Every team drafts 2-4 RB's every year. The good ones last maybe 6 years. Outside of the truly great players it's a revolving door.

Maroney sucked. Period. He was a failure as soon as he got in the league. HE didn't last 3-4 years, he just sucked from the getgo.

Decent RBs are replaceable, but some aren't even decent.

I'm failing to see how focusing on one bad back refutes my point that it's no special accomplishment to draft good backs every now and then as the Colts, and damned near every other team does.

The NFL has reached a point where there isn't a huge disparity between RBs.

Most teams have several capable rushers and the differences between the best-of-the-best and the middle of the pack are getting smaller and smaller.

I honestly think that at this point a great deal of a RBs success comes from their ability to avoid injury and the quality of the OL.

Archived