What is your top 'Man, Joffrey is a douche' moment?

Lord Jon Connington

His behavior toward Tyrion at the wedding is my top spot. You can rationalize Sansa as the sister of the enemy and the enemy in your bed, a spy at your court, but when he attacks Tyrion repeatedly, he's just an asshole because he can.

That, of course, doesn't justify his behavior towards Sansa at all. It's just that his abuse of Tyrion makes clear that he stops nowhere, not even where blood or sense would be involved.

After Sansa is married, Joff says something like "you think this will keep me out of your bed? I may come visit you anyway to show my uncle how it's done" or something along those lines. After everything he'd done to her, to threaten to rape her anyway? I just wanted to reach into the book and strangle him myself.

He did way too much messed up stuff in his short (albeit not short enough) life that it makes it hard to pick one thing out of the bunch. Still, I'd have to say the scenes where he strikes/humiliates Sansa lend more to just how deeply fucked up he was than even

Ned's execution

What he did to the singer that was singing that parody of robert's death. Just shows how instinctively cruel Joffrey was. I imagine Robet himself would probably laugh at those lyrics or something. Also, the way he forced men fight to their deaths for his sport, and the horned men (or whatever they were called, that he launched at Stannis forces by trebuchet).

There are so many to pick from, basically everytime Joffrey is seen through the POV's of someone, he commits a despicable act.

After Ned, as that just goes without saying, was his bragging to Sansa after (or possibly before?) she was married to Tyrion that he could have her anytime he wanted, as he was the king bla bla bla.

I mean what a dick. I bet he would just prematurely spuff in his pants at the sight of a naked girl.

What I thought was really douchy (but by no means the worst thing he did) was when he's demanding to have Robb's head to shove in Sansa's face, and keeps on insisting it after Kevan and someone else reminds him she's now his aunt by marriage and that he can't mean that. Ugh... he's such a spoiled, rotten piece of shit...

I realize that there are far more despicable acts that Joffrey commits, such as humiliating others and just being a jerk in general, but I'm going to have to go with the OP's book butchering incident. As someone who does research on medieval manuscripts and knows how valuable they are, that just hurt my heart.

What makes Joffrey the villain you love to hate is that he's both a sadist/evil kid AND a douche. So there are those moments when he does something that make me realize "wow, this kid is a fucking sadist and evil person" and then moments when he performs complete douchebag acts.

Sadist moments: ordering Ned's death, killing cats, having Sansa beaten.

Douchebag moments: chopping up the book (seriously? what a fucking tool), making Sansa kiss the tip of his sword before Blackwater, and jumping around in glee when he learns of the Red Wedding. A cool villain (like Tywin or Roose) just smiles, nods, and goes "ok, who we gonna fuck up next?" Joff reacts to it like it's fucking Heidi Montag realizing that she can get more silicone injected into her tits.

i never thought i would cheer at a child getting murdered.

and then i met joffrey.

What's even worse is that not only did I cheer, but I actually found myself wishing his death was more prolonged and painful afterwards.

As for douchiest moment, I'm gonna go with him as Prince Joffrey. First when he's making fun of Robb and Jon has perhaps the best line in the series about him being a little shit, and second his despicable drunken display against the Butcher's Boy and Arya. It's a tough call between those 2 imo.

The other moments go well beyond douchey into rapey, sadistic, sub-human actions haha.

Archived