Who should play Daario Naharis

Maria26

Henry Cavill would be amazing but I believe he's still very busy with Superman : Man of Steel. Dreaming does not hurt!

Henry Cavill looks like a Tyrell to me... Iike Garlan

I hate sound terrible but Daario Nahaaris reminds me of all those terrible "wog' characters in Agatha Christie novels.

Which is to say everywhite character hates them because they are 'wops/wogs" but in the end they're not actually evil and are often murdered.

What is the/who is the Situation?

I generally imagine Daario as Ian Somerhalder.

It's the only way I can forgive Dany for acting like such a twit.

My wife would agree with you...

Even when he does that weird eye thing on Vampire Diaries.

• 4 weeks later...

Have been scouring the books, looking for a good role for Andrew Lee Potts to play, and I've lit upon Daario.

If you know him only as Primeval's Connor Temple, you may think I'm smoking something, but watch him as Hatter in Syfy's Alice, and see if you don't get the sexy rogue vibe. :)

(Also: Hi! First post on the forum. Promise I'm not a troll. Just finally finished ADWD so I'm now free to move about the fandom. ;) )

Momoa as Drogo totally threw me off (don't get me wrong, he did a great job, but he was NOT what I was picturing). I had always imagined Drogo as a Genghis Khan-type of character, much more nasty than attractive, certainly not a Polynesian bodybuilder/supermodel like Jason Momoa.

As for Daario, I'm not picturing an attractive man... he's a sellsword with blue hair, a three-pronged beard, a large, curving nose, and a golden tooth. I've always pictured him to be the Bronn of Essos, rather than Dave Navarro, or Jack Sparrow. I always figured Dany was attracted to his bravado, and charm, rather than his beauty. Chicks are like that.

Just an fyi because I'm not sure where people are getting this from, but Daario isn't actually described as having tan or dark skin.

He's described as fair (in comparison to Jorah, who's supposed to be swarthy). It's obviously not a pressing detail and wouldn't be a big deal if someone either fair or tan were to play him...but yeah, there's absolutely nothing in the text that suggests that he absolutely has to be tanned.

In addition to this, Daario's described as lithe and graceful (so brawny men probably wouldn't be a great fit), smooth-skinned and flamboyant. Dany thinks of him as "beautiful" at least once in the text. I think his description makes him sound like he doesn't look like a stereotypically masculine warrior (like Drogo). I'm also assuming he's fairly young (perhaps even younger than Drogo, who was 30) in comparison to all the other men around Dany.

Just an fyi because I'm not sure where people are getting this from, but Daario isn't actually described as having tan or dark skin.

He's described as fair (in comparison to Jorah, who's supposed to be swarthy). It's obviously not a pressing detail and wouldn't be a big deal if someone either fair or tan were to play him...but yeah, there's absolutely nothing in the text that suggests that he absolutely has to be tanned.

In addition to this, Daario's described as lithe and graceful (so brawny men probably wouldn't be a great fit), smooth-skinned and flamboyant. Dany thinks of him as "beautiful" at least once in the text. I think his description makes him sound like he doesn't look like a stereotypically masculine warrior (like Drogo). I'm also assuming he's fairly young (perhaps even younger than Drogo, who was 30) in comparison to all the other men around Dany.

Exactly my reasoning for why I agree with --

I generally imagine Daario as Ian Somerhalder.

It's the only way I can forgive Dany for acting like such a twit.

His eyes definitely have that mischievous insolence.

ETA: http://images2.fanpop.com/image/photos/12100000/Get-Lost-in-Ian-s-eyes-ian-somerhalder-12191428-890-1222.jpg

somerset? no way, too dopey-looking and white. daario is not white.

Isn't he? He has blue hair but I figured it was dyed, like Aegon's, and he has blue eyes (we are told, over and over). I don't think his skin color is ever mentioned (though its smoothness and hairlessness was dwelt upon in adwd). So... any race should be ok??

Anyway it had better damn well be someone brain-meltingly fine. He has to beat Iain Glen in the looks department (somehow?).

Archived