Ser Duncan's progeny

Which Tyler

Right, supposedly there are 4 of Ser Duncan's progeny kicking around Westeros.

Let's speculate on who they are.

Brienne - almost certain

Hodor

Small Paul

Lem

Grenn

Left

Right

Gregor

Sandor

Any other suggestions? How likely are any of the above (I've put my suggestions in my order of likelihood)

I don't understand why there should be any progeny of Duncan's around. And why is Brienne almost certain? Because of the shield? I'm confused.

It was mentioned somewhere as a So Spake Martin - and that there were 4 (or possibly 4 that we've met).

Brienne - size, nature, shield (and choice of shield)

When did he say there were four? All I was aware of was that he'd left a clue in AFFC, and that's got to be Brienne.

Post-ADWD, I'm expecting full-on Dunk/Nan in the next D&E story and am willing to bet money that Hodor got a few genes from everyone's favourite lunk.

Thematically and height-wise, Sandor and Gregor fit. Sandor, Brienne and Dunk are the 'true knights' who aren't actual knights, making Gregor the black sheep: technically a knight, but with all the honour and chivalry of a tin-opener. As happy as it would make me, I'd like to see the SSM where he specifies that there are four.

I don't understand why people always list the Cleganes. The Cleganes grandfather was a kennelmaster at the Rock who saved Tytos Lannister from a lion and was given lands and a holdfast.

So unless Dunk had a part time job at Casterly Rock while he was serving in the Kingsguard then the Cleganes are not his offspring.

I don't understand why people always list the Cleganes. The Cleganes grandfather was a kennelmaster at the Rock who saved Tytos Lannister from a lion and was given lands and a holdfast.

So unless Dunk had a part time job at Casterly Rock while he was serving in the Kingsguard then the Cleganes are not his offspring.

They also required a Grandmother and Mother if my knowledge of biology is correct. Either could be a descendent of Dunk's. Unless it goes completely the other way and it's the two jousting dwarves at the Purple Wedding or Littlefinger!

They also required a Grandmother and Mother if my knowledge of biology is correct. Either could be a descendent of Dunk's. Unless it goes completely the other way and it's the two jousting dwarves at the Purple Wedding or Littlefinger!

only 1 grandmother? not to mention another grandfather.

Dunc was also a while ago, could very easily be a great-grand-father; or even a double-great.

Edit: this is where I first came across it; and quite possibly why the Cleganes get mentioned (my suggestion back then was as a joke; but hey, they're 7' +, so got to be options)

I can't remember who were Left and Tall. ¿Anybody could tell me?

Let's see, if Sandor is, so it'd be Gregor, that gives us 2. But I don't think they're.

And if Brienne is one, we have 4. Remember that she has a father, and it's alive, so that's how we'd have the four.

So, you should always count Brienne as 2, or maybe there are 5, in that case the fifth for me it'd be Hodor.

But, as I don't think that the Clegane's are, I would only have 3. And maybe to try to know who is the fourth we should wait for the next chapter of D&E tales.

I can't remember who were Left and Tall. ¿Anybody could tell me?

Left and Right are a pair of men-at-arms sworn to House Tyrell, so nicknamed because the Queen of Thorns can't tell them apart. Their real names are Erryk and Arryk, but their surname is never mentioned. They're seven feet tall and hench.

*crackpot* Ser Arryk and Ser Erryk, aka Left and Right might be proof the Dunk paid the Red Widow a visit later in life (or perhaps she took advantage of an unconsious man, which is techically possible). They have his size and her coloring. */crackpot*

Sure you're not confusing them with the Redwyne twins, Horas and Hobber? They're meant to be ginger, but I don't think Left and Right's colouring is mentioned. (Correct me if I'm wrong, of course.)

Archived