Your favorite lines

Lord Qwerty

I guess i'll have to point it out.

Poontang = Pussy plain and simple.

One of my fave lines = "no more hodoring" - Bran

Fine! that is what I call the thruth and right :"No more hodoring!"

Not that I did not like the elaborate Wikipedia beating around the bush.

:cheers:

A few more of mine:

"'Jaime,' she said, tugging on his ear, 'sweetling, I have known you since you were a babe at Joanna's breast. You smile like Gerion and fight like Tyg, and there's some of Kevan in you, else you would not wear that cloak... but Tyrion is Tywin's son, not you.'"

Lady Genna, AFFC

"Yes, but I'm the king. Margaery says that everyone has to do what the king says. I want my white courser saddled on the morrow so Ser Loras can teach me how to joust. I want a kitten too, and I don't want to eat beets."

and later,

"When I'm king in my own right, I'm going to outlaw beets."

Tommen, AFFC

"Explain to me why it is more noble to kill ten thousand men in battle than a dozen at dinner."

Tywin Lannister, ASOS

"I learned long ago that it is considered rude to vomit on your brother." Tyrion, AGOT

"There is no creature on earth half so terrifying as a truly just man."

Varys, AGOT

Gilly: "His hands were cold as ice, but he saved us from the dead men, him and his ravens, and he brought us here on his elk."

"His elk?" said Bran, wonderstruck.

"His elk?" said Meera, startled.

"His ravens?" said Jojen.

"Hodor?" said Hodor.

• 1 month later...

omg, that compilation made me cry with laughter all over again.

there are thousands left, but i just reread that scene in SOS where Jaime frees Tyrion - Tyrion hears someone at the door and says something like, "Leave me, you son of a poxy whore!" and the reply is, "Is that any way to speak of our lady mother?" LMAO!

“Pycelle,†Tyrion called out, risking his father’s wrath, “could any of these poisons choke off a man’s breath?â€

“No. For that, you must turn to a rarer poison. When I was a boy at the Citadel, my teachers named it simply the strangler.â€

“But this rare poison was not found, was it?â€

“No, my lord.†Pycelle blinked at him. “You used it all to kill the noblest child the gods ever put on this good earth.â€

Pycelle's last comment always cracks me up in the context of the kangaroo court that's trying Tyrion for Joffrey's murder. =P

I don't have one favorite but there are so many good quotes in these books...Especially Tyrion is always good for a sarcastic one.

Jaime: "even if the boy does live, he will be a cripple. Worse than a cripple. A grotesque. Give me a good clean death"

Tyrion: "Speaking for the grotesques," he said, "I beg to differ. Death is so terribly final, while life is full of possibilities."

I don't remember it exactly, but I like what Lord Piper says to the Freys in Jaime's war council during the siege of Riverrun. Something about the the Freys being lying weasels and how he'd rather drink a pint of piss than ... something. I had to read that line a few times, I liked the idea of someone telling the Freys off. If someon has that quote, feel free to respond.

One that I haven't seen quoted is Craster.

“Women,†he complained. “The way they wail . . . I had me a fat sow once birthed a litter of eight with no more’n a grunt.â€

I can see the steam coming out of the ears of the woman everywhere. :D

I was so happy when someone finally mouthed off to the Freys. The two lines said by Piper are some of my favorites in AFFC.

"You're a treacherous lying weasel, like all your kin. I'd sooner drink a pint of piss than take the word of any Frey."

"Say that with a sword in your hand, Frey. Or do you only fight with smears of shit?"

Archived