Kat

Want to have an avatar/user pic? Read this thread.

189 posts in this topic

Chaos. Complete chaos. Where's John cuszack when you need him? Or the Rock?

On 9/21/2011 at 5:26 PM, ICE CROW said:

I find the best site for hosting images to use as avatars is www.imgaeshack.com its free to sign up and im not sure the limit of photos you can upload for free i have like a 100 right now. I get my avatar through linking to my imageshack, also some frineds of mine here at westeros link through my account as well its easy and free you should look into it.

It also lets you resize images extremely easy, i think you can even upload and use pics without making an account try messin around with it.

thank you. good recommendation

How do you get your profile picture to show in the new format?  Mine uploads, but won't show up next to posts.  I feel like an FM.

Edited by DreamSongs
NVM...I figured it out :D

There apparently is no link or control panel anymore to have an avatar. Why have the site admins done this?

....that was some nonsense. screencap incoming.

Edited by Vashon

How do you get a moving avatar? Do you need a number of posts or something?

In Kat's initial how-to-post (first post in the thread) a helpful 1,2,3 etc steps are provided.

It says to press the white arrow next to name at the top right - all well and good. Then it says to select 'my setting' in the drop down menu.... this is where things get tricky since I don't appear to have that option. What do I do?

I have 'settings' and on that menu I have the options 'manage followed content', 'account settings' and 'ignored users'.

What am I missing? Help appreciated.

Bump

I can't figure this out either. I'm connected through FB so that may be part of it but even at that there should be a way. Also, what's the exact pixel amount we need to upload? When I have tried to upload it comes in too big and as far as that goes when you go to profile that option is provided there. This still is confusing.