Kat

Want to have an avatar/user pic? Read this thread.

189 posts in this topic

I'm getting very frustrated. My avatar pic keeps going back to my FB profile pic all the time, doesn't matter how many times I choose a link for a picture I want to use. Why is this happening?

Edit: I removed my FB account from my profile here, I think that fixed my problem..

Edited by Parise

Ever since the upgrade, I've tried 2-3 times a week to change my avatar. Yet every time I click on 'CHANGE MY PHOTO' either a blank grey box opens or a single bar with nothing in or under it apart from the close box option. There are no options to select or change. It does this on both my computer and my girlfriend's. Very frustrating.

Hey there guys, I've just got my account and I'm trying to get an avatar image but when I go to My settings all I get is an Error message that says: [#1026] You are not permitted to modify all or some of your profile information.

Is this happening to anyone else? Thanks in advance for the help!

P.S. Ok, nevermind, I just saw another post about this, sorry :)

Edited by Val the Wildling Princess

I was having the same problem - so here is a thread which explains the issue. You should have linked to it Val :P

I'm not even able to see the link to change the picture. Under settings, the first "account setting" is Time Zone. Any ideas?

I'm not even able to see the link to change the picture. Under settings, the first "account setting" is Time Zone. Any ideas?

You'll need a few posts first, LJS. 5, I think.

I think you might not get that option until you have posted at least once (in a forum that actually increases your post count, which 'Help' does not).

I'm new today and I can't upload a photo either, it doesn't even give me the option when I go to Edit Settings or Edit Profile; It's sort of lame there's a minimum post count for avatar license. Oh well. Hopefully the minimum number of posts isn't something ridiculous.

Hooray, I could finally upload something. My thumbnail looks a bit squished. Don't mock my lack of forum savvy, ok.

I think you might not get that option until you have posted at least once (in a forum that actually increases your post count, which 'Help' does not).

Thank you!

How does one make a signature? I might be being daft but i can't find the option :(

Not sure, I am sure there are plenty on here that do.

I clcik on settings but there is no option for changing photo`s. When i click it the first thing it says is about time zones :/, any help to get it working?

I clcik on settings but there is no option for changing photo`s. When i click it the first thing it says is about time zones :/, any help to get it working?

As mentioned above, it seems that you need to have at least one post in a forum that increases your post count (that is, not 'Help' or 'Forum Games') before the option to change photo becomes available.

I should have read this first..I did option #1 and now anytime I want to add a new avatar it keeps putting this one on it.

I removed the photo...I uploaded my pic on photobucket...input the direct link...and hit done.

I saved changes, and now the avatar is empty...no link.

Help? Pretty pls? :)

Edit: It worked after a few tries....Nice to meet you all btw. :P

Edited by Lady Godiva

I went to my settings, but there's no option to change it. Is this because I'm a newer user?

Edit; Sorry, didn't see the other posts. My bad.

Edited by The Stark Reality