Want to have an avatar/user pic? Read this thread.

Kat

Can I just email my avi to someone to host for me and email me the url as so far NONE of the urls work and all the suggested sites want me to sign up and I really don't want to be spammed by them (they will not accept my yahoo disposable account address)

Thee_1_1.jpg

This is the image (which for some reason is getting an error about being too big even tho it's less than 200 pixels! grrrrrrrr

Edited by Erinyes

"File size too large" after resizing and saving to photobucket over and over, same message. I've looked at the properties of the other avatars on this site and they are way larger than what I'm trying upload. What gives, man. I've been to hundreds of forums and never had an issue with an avatar, never.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey! So I did the imageshack. I did the gravatar. I posted. Now, I see the picture in my profile. But it doesnt show in my posts. I suppose I'm still doing something wrong? Thanks ahead of time for some extra help :)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Is it actually possible to upload a picture from one's computer now? I know this was not an option some time ago, but now I have seen it said that it also works. Does it? I do not want to go trying anything before I get a confirmation from somebody who knows for sure, I do not want to be left without an avatar after unsuccessful trying.

Also, is the possibility to link a picture from URL (I use imageshack) coming back any time?

Is it actually possible to upload a picture from one's computer now? I know this was not an option some time ago, but now I have seen it said that it also works. Does it? I do not want to go trying anything before I get a confirmation from somebody who knows for sure, I do not want to be left without an avatar after unsuccessful trying.

Also, is the possibility to link a picture from URL (I use imageshack) coming back any time?

I uploaded my current one from my computer, so yeah, it works (it's been a while since I did that, tho', might've been changed...).

Edited by Crown

• 4 weeks later...

Hi. I'm trying to upload an avatar but I only have two options, the uploading one and the Gravatar one, which none I can/want to use. I don't have an option to just put a link form imageshack, photobucket etc. Do I need a certain amount of posts for it to appear? Thank you.

Hello everyone, I'm having an avatar-related problem as well. Every time I try to upload a picture, it says 'failed to set a new photo' and that's that, no matter the size of the pic. Should I just try Gravatar? I'd really rather not but I will if I must. Thanks in advance!

Hello everyone, I'm having an avatar-related problem as well. Every time I try to upload a picture, it says 'failed to set a new photo' and that's that, no matter the size of the pic. Should I just try Gravatar? I'd really rather not but I will if I must. Thanks in advance!

I'm in the same boat. :(

*edit*

OK, not in the same boat anymore. It's working for me now. I made 4 posts in various forums and chopped down my avatar size to 150x150 since my initial post. I'm not sure if either or both had a hand in the photo upload working form my PC this time. I hope that helps.

Edited by PetyrPunkinhead

Does anyone know how I can get a .gif file as an avatar? I tried with Gravatar, but it doesn't work, neither does uploading from my computer.

I'd be really thankful for some help. :)

I don't know, but maybe you can send Liar or eddard of the house stark a PM. They both have .gifs.

I'm in the same boat. :(

*edit*

OK, not in the same boat anymore. It's working for me now. I made 4 posts in various forums and chopped down my avatar size to 150x150 since my initial post. I'm not sure if either or both had a hand in the photo upload working form my PC this time. I hope that helps.

It did help! Thanks! I made four posts, then tried to upload a small sized pic (lj icon size), and it finally worked. I guess you need to have a couple of posts to be able to upload a pic in the first place.

• 1 month later...