Syrio Forel

Ice & Fire

I watched the TV series before reading the book, but noticed in the Pointy End epidsode, (which I'm told was directed by GRRM himself.)

when Arya ran away from the Lannisters, she turned around as she heard a metallic sword hit the ground.

There was only Merrin Trant nad Syrio left in that room, and Syrio had a wooden sword.

That to me says GRRM is hinting that Syrio is still alive ??

Did anyone else pick up this scene ??

• 4 weeks later...

I watched the TV series before reading the book, but noticed in the Pointy End epidsode, (which I'm told was directed by GRRM himself.)

when Arya ran away from the Lannisters, she turned around as she heard a metallic sword hit the ground.

It's possible that that was Syrio and Trant we heard but there was a lot of fighting going on at the time so it really could've been anyone. Still, I don't think Trant killed him.

Can we assume that Syrio killed the Lannister guards who accompanied Trant? Because I never got that impression, neither from the book nor the show. So, it seems fairly likely that at least a few of them would've gotten back up at some point to help Trant take down the Braavosi (that is, if he needed help).

There are various conspiracy theories floating around as to what happened, but best not get into those until you read further into the series. We'd definitely be in spoiler-territory if we did.

I think around here its a mixed feeling as to is he dead or isn't he? Some theories as to why he isn't dead is hard to explain without talking about future characters and maybe some spoilers so i guess either read on or wait till season two or thirdly, have someone tell you the story as to why he isn't dead because i wont tell you :P i had many things ruined for me in the books and don't want to do the same for others!

Can we assume that Syrio killed the Lannister guards who accompanied Trant? Because I never got that impression, neither from the book nor the show. So, it seems fairly likely that at least a few of them would've gotten back up at some point to help Trant take down the Braavosi (that is, if he needed help).

There are various conspiracy theories floating around as to what happened, but best not get into those until you read further into the series. We'd definitely be in spoiler-territory if we did.

I remember from the book Syrio stabbed his wooden practice sword through one of the guard's eye as well as some other naughty things. He must have killed at least one or two of them.

• 2 weeks later...

I remember from the book Syrio stabbed his wooden practice sword through one of the guard's eye as well as some other naughty things. He must have killed at least one or two of them.

As to the guardsmen:

"A knight of the Kingsguard stood beneath the arch of the door with five Lannister guardsmen arrayed behind him."

"Five men were down, dead, or dying by the time Arya reached the back door that opened on the kitchen."

I suppose the chances are same on Syrio being dead, and alive. As there is nothing in the book concerning his fate, I guess we will either find out in later books, or never know.

Also, I believe, that the metallic clang in the TV show was coming from the fighting upstairs, even though she turned around. At least it should, if it was to be according to the book. Arya ran through the kitchen first, just then she got to the stairs and I believe that no sound from Syrio should have been able to reach her by then.

Archived