Syrio Forel

Ice & Fire

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Can we assume that Syrio killed the Lannister guards who accompanied Trant? Because I never got that impression, neither from the book nor the show. So, it seems fairly likely that at least a few of them would've gotten back up at some point to help Trant take down the Braavosi (that is, if he needed help).

There are various conspiracy theories floating around as to what happened, but best not get into those until you read further into the series. We'd definitely be in spoiler-territory if we did.

In the book it claims arya saw the lannister men dead except trant. But who knows

I have to say a big "don't know" about this. The scene in the book allows for the idea that he could have escaped. Arya's PoV doesn't witness his death, so he could well be alive. In some ways, I hope he's not, as it'd make his sacrifice that more powerful.

Hi All,

I'm going on the idea that the book and the show left the options open for Forel and Trant; it did not look to good for Forel and Trant was seen soon after in the great hall (it is known!)

So, anything we offer is fan fiction.

Saying that,

OMFG! Syrio Forel was the First Sword of Braavos for Nine Years! not nine minutes...stealing the title between masters...but 9 years! in a town where touching you hilt will get you a fight any night...all nights. So I'm going on that.

and a couple tidbits:

-not once did he reach for a steel sword; there were a few on the ground: Syrio seemed not to be concerned.

-Trant is a bully and a slow wit. Ser Berristan claimed (as he was fired; same episode of show) to be able to cut through the four remaining kingsguard protecting the throne (Trant was one); and Joras Mormont claimed Ser Berrristan to be the best at the fighting style of Westeros...and Syrio would most likely beat Berristan 4 out of 5 times (1st sword of Braavos of 9 years, right?!?!)

-the style of the water dance probably works well in close.

-Syrio held the title of the first sword of Braavos for at least 2385, glorious, fight-filled, nights!

So here's my thought: Syrio holds the broken wood sword and Trant has him locked up close. First, Syrio offers a distraction: poke in the eye, some pressure point move on Trant's flesh between the armor....something. Then, Syrio swiftly removes Trant's helm and bomps him on the noggin...dropping Trant. Syrio Forel considers, for a moment, to kill the bully who would threaten a little girl, but this is king's landing, not Braavos; to him the entire city reeks of dishonor.

Syrio walks the path to the Tower of the Hand, whether he see Arya or not, we will imagine she did not see him.

Syrio Forel dead? I guess it's possible.

-

• 2 months later...

I wouldn't stake the outcome of Syrio's life on a simple sound effect, buddy. Plus even if he IS dead in the show, he may be alive and well in the books--there is no mention of his death by word of mouth, nor evidence of a body as of yet (at least, none that I can recall from the books...) and since the television series is begining to noticably stray from the novels, even going as far as killing/ keeping alive characters that would otherwise be alive/dead (or vise versa), his ultimate fate is vauge at best.

So in summary; I have no freaking clue if he is alive or not. But I'm staying optimistic! B)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

I'm going on the idea that the book and the show left the options open for Forel and Trant; it did not look to good for Forel and Trant was seen soon after in the great hall (it is known!)

So, anything we offer is fan fiction.

Saying that,

OMFG! Syrio Forel was the First Sword of Braavos for Nine Years! not nine minutes...stealing the title between masters...but 9 years! in a town where touching you hilt will get you a fight any night...all nights. So I'm going on that.

and a couple tidbits:

-not once did he reach for a steel sword; there were a few on the ground: Syrio seemed not to be concerned.

-Trant is a bully and a slow wit. Ser Berristan claimed (as he was fired; same episode of show) to be able to cut through the four remaining kingsguard protecting the throne (Trant was one); and Joras Mormont claimed Ser Berrristan to be the best at the fighting style of Westeros...and Syrio would most likely beat Berristan 4 out of 5 times (1st sword of Braavos of 9 years, right?!?!)

-the style of the water dance probably works well in close.

-Syrio held the title of the first sword of Braavos for at least 2385, glorious, fight-filled, nights!

So here's my thought: Syrio holds the broken wood sword and Trant has him locked up close. First, Syrio offers a distraction: poke in the eye, some pressure point move on Trant's flesh between the armor....something. Then, Syrio swiftly removes Trant's helm and bomps him on the noggin...dropping Trant. Syrio Forel considers, for a moment, to kill the bully who would threaten a little girl, but this is king's landing, not Braavos; to him the entire city reeks of dishonor.

Syrio walks the path to the Tower of the Hand, whether he see Arya or not, we will imagine she did not see him.

Syrio Forel dead? I guess it's possible.

-

:agree:

oh and also the water dancing style wasn't the only one known to him, it was the one he thought would serve Arya best

Archived