Hey guys, Dux from TWC here, one of the modders of WTW and creator of the King and Rivers and Hills submod. I got to say I'm happily surprised to find this subforum here.

Just an update on the release schedule, we are really nearly finished, almost all new units are done, but lack of time from our principal coders (myself included) have delayed the mod release again. Sorry for that. We will release it, eventually. Definitely this year though.

Our entire team will start to become more active here. Expect previews and messages from my fellow modders soon.

Here relatively old but up to date video preview of House Stark:

And here is a preview pic for you guys, Riverlands Nobles: http://i1137.photobucket.com/albums/n502/Jonnie_Haldon/Nobles-1_zps3b99002e.jpg

Nobles-1_zps3b99002e.jpg

Nice to hear an update, thanks. :)

Hey guys, Dux from TWC here, one of the modders of WTW and creator of the King and Rivers and Hills submod. I got to say I'm happily surprised to find this subforum here.

Just an update on the release schedule, we are really nearly finished, almost all new units are done, but lack of time from our principal coders (myself included) have delayed the mod release again. Sorry for that. We will release it, eventually. Definitely this year though.

Our entire team will start to become more active here. Expect previews and messages from my fellow modders soon.

Here relatively old but up to date video preview of House Stark: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RQhm2frC_Q

And here is a preview pic for you guys, Riverlands Nobles: http://i1137.photobucket.com/albums/n502/Jonnie_Haldon/Nobles-1_zps3b99002e.jpg

Nobles-1_zps3b99002e.jpg

Thank you very much for the update. I was wondering whether or not to ask what the go was with WTW.

• 2 weeks later...

I think they're gone from there already :/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aQQXji-rVI

Damn. Glad they're not giving up. As for moving here, they had to stop using TWC because it uses ads for revenue, which is exactly what this site does so I think they'll just run into the same problems. :dunno:

Damn. Glad they're not giving up. As for moving here, they had to stop using TWC because it uses ads for revenue, which is exactly what this site does so I think they'll just run into the same problems. :dunno:

Its been nearly 3 years since this thread started. Did it really take this long for them to know this existed?

I guess so. If they were going to stop it, why wait?

Yeah. It just seems like a long time to be oblivious. Especially when people compare it to the licensed games they brought out.

Edited by Batman

I know the creators of the original mod for Rome back in 2005 sent an email to GRRM notifying him of the project and asking for his permission. My understanding was that it was all fine. Apparently the ads on TWC are the problem, not the mod itself, so there seems a way forwards at least.

Annoying this happened just as the mod was - apparently - within touching distance of completion.

I know the creators of the original mod for Rome back in 2005 sent an email to GRRM notifying him of the project and asking for his permission. My understanding was that it was all fine. Apparently the ads on TWC are the problem, not the mod itself, so there seems a way forwards at least.

Annoying this happened just as the mod was - apparently - within touching distance of completion.

Well finding a forum without adds is not easy i think

Wait what really? That's fascinating, wonder if the reply is somewhere. It is not that TWC has ads, it's that the publisher's obscure german law firm decided to google Westeros and send a Cease and Desist to what they found, probably so they can justify whatever the publishers are paying them. Anyway, we're not moving anywhere for the moment, just keeping (reasonably) quiet :P

Anyway, we're not moving anywhere for the moment, just keeping (reasonably) quiet :P

Your avatar fits perfectløy for this statement. Although i hope TWC wont go into lawsuits cause you guys are breaking the ultimatium :P

Can I get an ELI5 on this? I want it, bad. Is it in limbo, what's the deal?

The mod is moving to another site. Absolute worst-case scenario, the last stretch of development will take place behind closed doors on a private forum and we won't hear any more about it until it is released.

The mod is moving to another site. Absolute worst-case scenario, the last stretch of development will take place behind closed doors on a private forum and we won't hear any more about it until it is released.

I'm not to worried, they had almost ground to a halt when it came to updates anyway. They're basically done so its best for them to get on with it. I belive all but about 3 factions had had full previews.

Just hope they find somewhere once they are done. As the issue is simply Total War Center gaining money off the adverts surley there isn't a problem with this forum gaining revenues? I know its not offical GRRM but its a close as it gets.

I'm not to worried, they had almost ground to a halt when it came to updates anyway. They're basically done so its best for them to get on with it. I belive all but about 3 factions had had full previews.

Just hope they find somewhere once they are done. As the issue is simply Total War Center gaining money off the adverts surley there isn't a problem with this forum gaining revenues? I know its not offical GRRM but its a close as it gets.

how would i be able to get my hands on the mod?

You can get the old version already (but it was not made by the team working on the new version) - There will be links on TW Centre or any modd hosting sites.

The one thats out though isn't great, its only about 40% done but it works at least. Its basically Medieval Total War but with a westeros map and factions renamed.

The upcoming version will have everything properly skinned. If I were you I'd wait for the upcoming one.

Oh and you'll need Medieval Total War with the Kingdoms add on. - Probably get it on Steam for about £5