Sandor Clegane 6- Read the Mod Warning before you post

headtrip_honey

Ahh, well. There goes that. It's kind of funny that he hasn't suffered a serious wound aside from his face, given his size, reputation, constant drinking, and the fact that he's always getting sent out to do the dirty work.

Is it, though? He's a catspaw for the lions, and they don't choose targets that are in a position to fight back. All we've seen him do (that I can remember now) is hunt Mycah and join the purge of the Starks at the Red Keep. Who's going to want to come after the Hound? To the smallfolk, he's untouchable as a high servant of House Lannister; to anyone higher-born, he's not worth the effort since he's only another pawn, albeit a bloody massive one.

New thread time?

Is it, though? He's a catspaw for the lions, and they don't choose targets that are in a position to fight back. All we've seen him do (that I can remember now) is hunt Mycah and join the purge of the Starks at the Red Keep. Who's going to want to come after the Hound? To the smallfolk, he's untouchable as a high servant of House Lannister; to anyone higher-born, he's not worth the effort since he's only another pawn, albeit a bloody massive one.

New thread time?

Wasn't he involved in the Greyjoy rebellion? We haven't heard specifics, but I think he was, or at least plausibly was.

And yes, new thread time.

New thread time?

Well, he was out during the riot, and then Tyrion sent him back out again after he brought Sansa back. He was fighting during the BBB, too. Just due to his size, he's got to be highly visible on the battlefield. For a lesser warrior (or a gutsy commoner) there's probably some prestige in killing the Hound.

So that would leave both Jeyne and Tyrion noseless. Is there anyone else missing a nose? It makes me wonder if GRRM is going to let Sansa survive the series with her beauty in tact. Myrcella wasn't so fortunate.

Not her entire nose, just the tip of it. If I remember correctly only the tip of her nose was black with frostbite.

I think he would've been younger and a squire and less able to drink then.

He would've been about 18 at the time of the Greyjoy Rebellion. Plenty old enough to drink, and I bet no longer a squire. There's never been official confirmation that he was there, but it's possible. He was 12 during Robert's Rebellion, when he killed his first man.

Joff was already born at this point (Greyjoy Rebellion)...do we know when the Hound was made his sworn shield?

He would've been about 18 at the time of the Greyjoy Rebellion. Plenty old enough to drink, and I bet no longer a squire. There's never been official confirmation that he was there, but it's possible. He was 12 during Robert's Rebellion, when he killed his first man.

Joff was already born at this point (Greyjoy Rebellion)...do we know when the Hound was made his sworn shield?

Not in terms of legal age to drink, but wouldn't someone have been keeping an eye on him.

Not in terms of legal age to drink, but wouldn't someone have been keeping an eye on him.

In Westeros, he would've been plenty old enough to drink. And at 18? I highly doubt anyone was watching after him. I mean, maybe in terms of military command.

Remember, kids come of age much younger in Westeros. It's 16, I believe.

Eleven year old Sansa and twelve year old Joffrey were getting drunk together in AGOT, before they ran into Arya. Sansa tells Joffrey that her father allows her to have a glass of wine at feasts, too.

I don't know if this has been mentioned before (probably), but I thought of another clue that points towards Sandor still being alive. In ACoK, there is one scene when Sansa runs into him on the stairwell (the scene when she is cramping and loses her balance on the stairwell and he grabs her out of nowhere to keep her steady). Sansa asks him what he'll do when Stannis' army comes, and he responds that he'll "Fight. Kill. Die, Maybe." I think that "maybe" is a subtle clue that his death is no certainty.

Also, isn't it interesting that just around the same time that "The Hound" dies and, we presume, becomes the Gravedigger on the QI... Sansa Stark also abandons her identity and becomes Alayne Stone. I think that parallel is not accidental.

My Lady's of Sandor, The hound is need of your assistence. The prince charmiong game thread, has many who wish to see our beloved Sandor vanquished. You must pick up the cause and smite his enemies.

Headtrip Honey has picked up, this valiant cause, What say you?

Archived