Anyone done any extras work for GoT in Belfast/NI?

SerCrickard

As the title says, has anyone done any extras work for the show in NI for season two yet? (or season one even). I'm doing a bit of extras work starting tomorrow and was just wondering if anyone else has and if they could maybe comment on what its like/what i'm in for? Have to meet at the paint hall studio tomorrow at 5.45am for a bus to wherever the set is. Exciting times! :laugh:

SPOILERS SO DO NOT READ ON!!!!!

Don't know how much I can post here but...

I'm currently rehearsing for part of episode 9 of season 2 here, the battle on the blackwater. This is gona be awesome! I'm a Lannister soldier defending kings landing from the Stannis army coming off the boats. Been sword fighting all day.Great fun! :D

Awesome! So they are filming the Blackwater in Northern Ireland right now! Very cool. I was under the impression by now that much of the filming had moved to Croatia but I guess things are going in both locations.

Based on the leaked photos from Croatia,

(Myrcella being sent off to Dorne and the following riots, which occurs a bit past the halfway point of the book)

they seem to be filming a much earlier episode there (probably episode 5 or 6?)

Great stuff Crickard, let us know how it goes!

Awesome! So they are filming the Blackwater in Northern Ireland right now! Very cool. I was under the impression by now that much of the filming had moved to Croatia but I guess things are going in both locations.

Word was that Neil Marshall was filming in Belfast, and the news today indicates that Podrick and probably Tyrion are headed back to Belfast for the next two weeks (after which the Croatia production will be over). So it looks like the Blackwater battle will be filmed entirely in Belfast.

We've been rehearsing some pretty cool scenes! Shooting all next week which should be fun! I'd love to post everything we're doing but i'm not allowed. You'll all just have to wait until next year! Personally i cannot wait to see how the episode turns out. Next year can't come quick enough!

I think i'm gona have to re-read the books and re-watch season 1 while i'm at it.

Archived