How possible is it that "The younger, more beautiful queen" is Sansa and not Dany?

Lord_Debaka

I think it's clear that the Magei who fortold the lady of Lannister's future was NOT talking about Magerie, now most people suspect the younger, more beautiful queen to end Cersei's reign will be Dany, so what if it's Sansa? I'd much rather see Sansa Stark call for her head, than Dany.

Is anyone else looking forward to Queen Sansa of house Stark, First of her name, Title, Title, Title.....?

I think it's clear that the Magei who fortold the lady of Lannister's future was NOT talking about Magerie, now most people suspect the younger, more beautiful queen to end Cersei's reign will be Dany, so what if it's Sansa? I'd much rather see Sansa Stark call for her head, than Dany.

Is anyone else looking forward to Queen Sansa of house Stark, First of her name, Title, Title, Title.....?

No.

Sansa is one of the least interesting characters in this series.

Everyone always answers this with "but she's in kingslanding, and what about all the politics that go down there?"

To which I answer, "interesting things happen around Sansa. She is boring.

There are those amongst us that have considered it. Personally I believe its possible because Cersei will ultimately be the one to "pick" the Queen that will be the one she holds responsible for her downfall and I think she'll come to blame Sansa as the person who started her misfortune and ultimately took everything from her. Not sure on the exact trigger point yet, but I imagine in true Cersei still it be rather dramatic and she'll have "solution" that only Cersei would ever think would actually work.

The Queen Sansa declaration will be a very interesting point in the series and could be a huge problem to plans that other characters have for House Stark.

Well, Sansa has, at least indirectly, started taking everything Cersei holds dear. She put the plot to kill Joff in motion by telling the Queen of Thorns that he was a monster, and she carried the poison to the wedding feast. The murder of Joff lead directly to the murder of Tywin, which triggered Cersei's paranoia, leading to her eventual imprisonment, etc.

Prophecies aren't always literal (although Maggy's are pretty spot on) so Sansa could be a symbolic queen. How, I can't guess. There's lots of support for an Aegon + Sansa match, but I'm not sure he'll live long enough to get married, or would consider anyone who doesn't have dragons. But the best part of Sansa becoming a real Queen while Cersei is alive is the fact that Cersei would really, really, hate it, because she believes Sansa poisoned or conspired to poison Joff.

Edited to say: oops!

Sansa certainly acts more like a Queen than Cersei does, and she could be a real candidate for the prophecy along with being one of the last people Cersei would expect. Dany has to be out of the running for sure, as there is just no dramatic payoff in having Cersei cast down by someone she doesn't know.

I had originally thought that the "younger, more beautiful queen" was Myrcella, since she's Cersei's daughter and in line to the throne. But...

after Darkstar cut up her face and sliced her ear off, she probably won't be considered a paragon of beauty when she grows up.

As for Margaery, she's definitely younger, but I don't recall anyone ever calling her more beautiful than Cersei. Sansa, however, might be prettier (if you consider the fact that Rhaegar snubbed Cersei for a Stark girl), but Dany is described as stunningly beautiful by everyone who sees her. Tales of her beauty have spread across the world, from the Iron Islands to Astapor. But, it seems a little too obvious for GRRM, so I wouldn't doubt your Sansa theory. It would be the perfect revenge.

Sansa certainly acts more like a Queen than Cersei does, and she could be a real candidate for the prophecy along with being one of the last people Cersei would expect. Dany has to be out of the running for sure, as there is just no dramatic payoff in having Cersei cast down by someone she doesn't know.

Plus I think leaving Cersei with the idea she somehow "had" all Seven Kingdoms, which is really the only thing Dany would be taking, is too much of a mental leap even for Cersei to make leading into TWOW and doesn't seem to match up with the current political situations at all.

I don't think it's Margaery or Dany. I think it's a double bluff: one for Cersei and one for readers. Cersei assumes it's Margaery and readers assume that it's Dany, and it's neither.

Who is it really? Not sure, really. Martin has a thing for letting the readers think one thing before going in a totally opposite direction.

I still accept the possibility of the prophecy being self-fulfilling so I lean more towards Margaery. Dany is the only one who without a doubt was always more beautiful than Cersei.

Jaime is Cersei's twin yet she said that Rhaegar looked better. It's only fitting that Rhaegar's sister would look better than her.

Plus GRMM said:

Naerys Targaryen:The sister of King Aegon the Unworthy and Prince Aemon the Dragonknight was beautiful as well, but hers was a very fine and delicate beauty, almost unworldy. She was a wisp of a woman, smaller even than Dany (to whom she bears a certain resemblence), very slender, with big purple eyes and fine, pale, porcelain skin, near translucent.

Sansa looks better than Catelyn who Jaime described as more interesting than Lysa. I don't think she compared with Cersei or even Lyanna.However, Cersei's looks have withered away in AFFC and especially now so it should be easy to look better than her.

I could definitely see Sansa as the beautiful younger queen of Maggy's prophecy; it would be a gut-wrenching payback to Cersei; who has misused Sansa and had so many Stark people killed and Ned imprisoned (and tossed Sansa's best friend, Jeyne, into Littlefinger's grasp to train as a whore), that Sansa would become queen in the place Cersei held as Queen of Westeros. However, I can't see Sansa as a reigning queen in her own right, more like a very effective and inspirational queen consort. The question is - whose queen?

Of course, there is still the possibility that Dany is the one; if she manages to kill Jaime and her agents kill Myrcella and Tommen. But I would think that the dramatic irony would be so much stronger if the younger queen is Sansa; who has been foreshadowed as queen-consort material by Tyrion, constantly manipulated and despised and threatened by Cersei. I thought it also very telling that when Queen Cersei fled the frightened women of the palace who had looked to her for support, it was Sansa who stepped into her place, not because she wanted to be queen, but because she felt that as Joffrey's still-betrothed, it was her duty to try to organize comfort and cheer (and also something she did instinctively).

Well Sansa isn't a queen how would it not be dany? She has royal blood in her whereas Sansa doesn't. Just my two cents.

Sansa does have royal blood. She is a Stark, and they were Kings in the North for thousands of years.

If this thing in Feast with her and Harry goes through, she will be the Lady of the Vale AND the lady of Winterfell. This will make Harry the Lord of the Vale and the Lord of Winterfell.

The North declares for Sansa and Harry, he becomes the next King in the North, Sansa becomes Queen in the North. Bingo.

The whole concept of King and Queen in the North should and will (imo) die with Robb. The northern lords should have learned their lesson by now. This brings unnecessary problems.

It's pretty clear that the Northern Lords have not. ;)

This kind of topic is the reason I love coming to these boards. Just reading the books on my own the idea of a younger, more beautiful queen seemed like just a little detail thrown in there just to show how vain Cersei is and how out of touch she is with the real situation (the Dany is right across the sea poised to take everything). Now I can't help but think how fitting it would be if it turned out to be Sansa.

I'm not sold yet, since Aegon and Sansa aren't even aware of each other's existence. But put them in a near vicinity, and they might even think it's romantic, like they're reliving the star-crossed love of Rhaegar and Lyanna.

Zachary B.

No it's not. Manderly and Glover said that they would declare for Stannis if they found Rickon. Plus the Northern lords knew of Robb's will but never bothered to go to the wall to try and make Jon the King in the North. The Northern clans only sent men to the wall to try and find Bran.

Archived