why total war?

flame7926

So how far is progress along now?

Quite far. They've released a new trailer and are constantly releasing new screenshots and other elements. It sounds like a lot of elements have been locked in (there was a strong concentration on the music a couple of months ago, which usually crops up towards the end of development). Coding sounds like it's still the biggest bottleneck.

For more detailed info, check the Westeros: Total War link in my sig. That's the forum where the actual developers hang out.

This looks bloody good.

Such a shame the Total War battle simulation can't just be supplanted into CK2, would be epic shit.

On the subject of CK2, I like the game but it has some glaring problems for me which could easily be fixed (particularly for a GOT mod).

1) Get rid of the stupid 'demense' bollocks, its very unrealistic and kinda breaks the game. Each leader, whether they are a Count, Duke or King, should only control one territory and be forced to properly rely on their vassals. Otherwise the entire concept fails as you can just gradually build up your demense and eliminate the problem of having rebellious vassals (which for me is the main selling point of the game).

2) Give characters traits which genuinely mean something to the ingame system. Stuff like being incorruptible so its impossible to bribe someone into liking you etc. Certain characters could be complete loyalists, while others will forever be ambitious. On the whole though that part of the game is good, but it could be made even better.

3) Make falsifying claims harder and have more severe consequences. Why would you use any other means to claim land when you can just send a disposable spymaster to do the hard work for you. This is annoying because it makes a whole bunch of more interesting methods like political marriage/inheritance or using claimants useless.

If that stuff could be changed, along with some of the AI scripts, the GOT CK2 mod would be perfect.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived