UK publisher?

Werthead

I was very surprised to learn last week that The World of Ice and Fire does not (yet, it must be stressed) have a UK publisher. I would have assumed, given the immense success of the TV series and ADWD, that Voyager would be releasing it as a matter of course. But apparently nothing has been decided yet.

This may be down to the UK market and the perceived chances of a companion book selling well: the WoT companion book, as I understand it, did not sell well in its original, more expensive coffee-table book format and only did better in later volumes as a standard paperback, whilst the Shannara one bombed completely. However, the various Harry Potter, Dark Tower and Discworld companion and world books have apparently all sold extremely well here, so it's not an automatic issue.

What was interesting is hearing news that a companion volume based on the TV series will be released in 2012 (the UK publisher is not yet confirmed, I believe), however.

I was very surprised to learn last week that The World of Ice and Fire does not (yet, it must be stressed) have a UK publisher. I would have assumed, given the immense success of the TV series and ADWD, that Voyager would be releasing it as a matter of course. But apparently nothing has been decided yet.

Considering that I am not living in the USA nor UK and planing to order it as I do all my books, online. this is not an issue for me...

btw what is the benefit of a local publisher for you, lower prices or ?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived