Is Ros the only character in the show that is not in the books?

Mildrid

I think this might be one for the GoT forum.

Actually, Ros is in the books. Jon alludes to her in the first book when he tells Sam about his failed adventure in a brothel. He cockblocks himself with his own surname. Impressive.

ETA: ^^this is lies. Can't find anything like this in the books.

I don't think the annoying court herald in KL is in the books, but I only mention him because he's a speaking role.

I think this might be one for the GoT forum.

Actually, Ros is in the books. Jon alludes to her in the first book when he tells Sam about his failed adventure in a brothel. He cockblocks himself with his own surname. Impressive.

I don't recall this conversation between Sam and Jon in the books. I also don't recall the name "Ros" ever appearing in the books. I'm pretty sure she's a show-only character.

I don't recall this conversation between Sam and Jon in the books. I also don't recall the name "Ros" ever appearing in the books. I'm pretty sure she's a show-only character.

Correct. That conversation was only in the show.

I can't think of any others off hand, but I know they're going to have several for season 2:

Alton Lannister (probably Cleos Frey), Kovarro (a new bloodrider for Dany), and possibly a few others as they see fit due to whatever reason, i.e. casting, budget, scheduling, etc... Also, they're changing Asha Greyjoy's name to Yara, so viewers don't confuse her with Osha (Bran's wildling).

But, I agree with Été... probably should be a GoT thread.

Crap, really? There's no bit where Jon thinks about how the prospect of a bastard is a massive turn-off for him? I was sure I recognised that when it came up in the show, but if not then ... my bad :blush:

Crap, really? There's no bit where Jon thinks about how the prospect of a bastard is a massive turn-off for him? I was sure I recognised that when it came up in the show, but if not then ... my bad :blush:

I think it may have reminded you of something from the book simply because it was something that could quite plausibly have happened in the book. From what we know of Jon's character, it makes sense that he'd be afraid of fathering a bastard. Some good writing from D&D.

Although now that I think about it, Jon may have been worried about fathering a bastard when he started sleeping with Ygritte (though I'm not really certain of this).

IIRC, Jon thought of this when he was talking to his uncle, in his first chapter. He then yelled something and stormed out of the feast.

I think it may have reminded you of something from the book simply because it was something that could quite plausibly have happened in the book. From what we know of Jon's character, it makes sense that he'd be afraid of fathering a bastard. Some good writing from D&D.

Although now that I think about it, Jon may have been worried about fathering a bastard when he started sleeping with Ygritte (though I'm not really certain of this).

Hey, you're right. There is. He's chatting to Tormund in his second ASOS chapter. Tormund's all, "Um, you stole her? Why aren't you banging?" and Jon freaks out at the idea of getting her pregnant because the kid would be a bastard. And Tormund's like WTF then makes some more dick jokes. I love Tormund. ^_^ *cough* Moving on...

IIRC, Jon thought of this when he was talking to his uncle, in his first chapter. He then yelled something and stormed out of the feast.

Oh yeah, I forgot about this. Jon being a virgin who'd forego sex to avoid fathering a bastard makes a lot more sense for a 14 year old than whatever he supposed to be in the show (19?)

Alton Lannister (probably Cleos Frey), Kovarro (a new bloodrider for Dany), and possibly a few others as they see fit due to whatever reason, i.e. casting, budget, scheduling, etc... Also, they're changing Asha Greyjoy's name to Yara, so viewers don't confuse her with Osha (Bran's wildling).

Those aren't new characters though, they're just different names for characters who haven't been included. Ros is the only character who seems to have been invented entirely by the show. I can't see them creating many new characters, considering how expansive martin's character list is. (although it being HBO they might add a few exposition whores for essos or something like that).

I want to know how they decided to create that character. Who said "guys what the book's really lack is redhead whore who cheerfully services multiple characters, lets create her to get blowjob narratives"?

She never gives a blowjob. Because if she did, the viewer would have to draw a line to Jon & his fake excuse to not have sex.

I think it may have reminded you of something from the book simply because it was something that could quite plausibly have happened in the book.

Except for the fact that I never got the feeling from those 14 or 15 yr old boys, Robb and Jon, that they would be using whores...oops, using the same whore. Jon alone would have turned up his nose at the whore because it's more than certain Theon has banged her at some point, right?

So, no, it couldnt have happened in the book, and Ros as a character and as related to them as characters dos not fit in, imho. She doesnt even fit in with Theon, who actually doesnt have sex with actual whores and is always talking disparagingly about them. So..? Go away, Ros.

She never gives a blowjob. Because if she did, the viewer would have to draw a line to Jon & his fake excuse to not have sex.

I may be misremembering, but wasn't she giving tyrion head in his (and her's I guess) first scene.

Except for the fact that I never got the feeling from those 14 or 15 yr old boys, Robb and Jon, that they would be using whores...oops, using the same whore. Jon alone would have turned up his nose at the whore because it's more than certain Theon has banged her at some point, right?

So, no, it couldnt have happened in the book, and Ros as a character and as related to them as characters dos not fit in, imho. She doesnt even fit in with Theon, who actually doesnt have sex with actual whores and is always talking disparagingly about them. So..? Go away, Ros.

:agree:

Clarke did show frontal a few times.

What is so big about frontal when its a woman? Jesus Q, its not like you cant see it absolutely everywhere and most of you do, daily. You dont hear me going on about Alfie Allen's dick -- and it's waaay more impressive than a pair of tits and a mound.

I may be misremembering, but wasn't she giving tyrion head in his (and her's I guess) first scene.

No, youre right. my error. I wonder if moon tea is going to be brought up at any time... or has it?

Except for the fact that I never got the feeling from those 14 or 15 yr old boys, Robb and Jon, that they would be using whores...oops, using the same whore.

I don't recall Robb being part of the story that Jon told to Sam.

In any event, it was mostly the whole "I don't want to father a bastard" thing that I was thinking of when I said that it could plausibly happen in the books.

Archived