Westeros General Information

eidius

hey guys, first time poster here but I need your help regarding some facts about ASOIAF. i have read numerous threads here and they are all very interesting but as is the nature of all debates every statement is met with a counter statement which leaves me still guessing at the issue.

anyways here are my questions and i hope you guys can answer them.

1) in the events of GoT to Storm of Swords how cold/snow was there up north or in the vale? i would appreciate it if you were detailed in your answer, for example in the north there was snow from last hearth and northwards, etc.

2) in a very simplified version, if each great house including the Frey's and Florents what was their overall strength? i don't mean they empty out every boy of fighting edge, just how much is their true strength. i know Robb only got 20 000 men but some argue that was a hastily gathering and that he could have had much more than that and etc. also how trained/experienced were these armies? where they all the same?

3) in regards with the bannermen of the great houses, who were the most influential ones? who were the ones that had great responsibility/position to lead troops and etc. if you can also add which bannermen were the strongest, like for example house Tarly could gather 10 000 men for the Tyrells

(Storm of Swords Spoiler)

4) Assuming the Wildlings did get through the wall and Stannis did not interfere do you think they would have pushed further south as an army or would have disintegrated and just went their separate ways trying to get away from the WW

5) what was the economic situation and trade of each House and their bannermen for example did the northmen only trade furs? did they also have gold or other mineral mines like the lannisters and etc?

if you have information about any of these things and even if they are from dunk & egg or canon stories i do not mind, as long as they are accepted facts by the community. thank you very much for your time :D

Archived