Best Character Introduction?

Biffyc7

• 4 weeks later...

Asha, her introduction is hilarious, and she is the only Greyjoy I like

The introduction of Brienne is great, she is a knight, she is a woman, she has a crush on Renly...

And Tywin Lannister, because we've heard about him a lot before seeing him (the richest man of Westeros, the most cunning man, the man who bring the corpse of Rheagar's children etc..)

and we are not disappointed when we actually see him

Ramsay Bolton - I honestly had no idea it was him disguised as Reek. "The wretch is dead." And BANG! Smashes Theon in the face with a mailed hand and captures Winterfell.

The Three Eyed Crow - This was beyond doubt the best introduction IMO. It was simply brilliant from Martin, the way he built up the suspense walking through the darkness of the twisted caves and then introducing us to a half-man/half-weirwood. Superb.

I'd say,

The Three Eyed Crow - This was beyond doubt the best introduction IMO. It was simply brilliant from Martin, the way he built up the suspense walking through the darkness of the twisted caves and then introducing us to a half-man/half-weirwood. Superb.

I'd say not only this but Bloodraven's introduction in Dunk and Egg as well. Also Baelor Breakspear had a great one in my mind

• 5 months later...

As everyone else in the world has said, no one makes an entrance like Asha Greyjoy.

Theon's reintroduction was pretty intense, too, the one in Dance. (I don't consider Theon and Reek to be the same character).

How about Drogon, Rhaegal, and Viserion's introduction? I can't think of anything more epic.

Brienne, natch, had a very cool intro. Someone on another forum I frequent had to stop reading right after she won the melee and right before she took her helmet off. It was very interesting to see his extended speculation.

Ah, I don't know about best, but it's hard to forget the day Sam joined the cast.

Intro of the Others was pretty epic. Just left me thinking HOLY SHIT

Asha's and Greatjon's hilarious.

But mostly I agree with The Last Direwolf, Wylla Manderly jumped to the top of favorite characters in one scene.

ETA: Also, introduction of Arstan Whitebeard and Strong Belwas to Dany was pretty cool. 60 year old dude and fatty pwning assassination attempt

Archived