SpaceChampion

I think the producers are finding themselves in a situation much like JMS did with Babylon 5 -- that the story is so complex (much more than B5 actually) that they cannot just bring in other writers, give them a writer's bibles, a few notes and a few episodes and have them write an episode. JMS had to end up writing most of the episodes from season 2 onwards. I'm betting D & D + Cogman and GRRM are the only names we'll ever see attached as scriptwriters for GOT season 2 and beyond. You might think it's all in book form already, but the changes they're doing to the chronology i think will make it exceedingly difficult for writers other than the main four to come in and write an episode without extensive consultation with the producers. So they're probably thinking it would be easier just to write them all themselves. Plus D & D and maybe Cogman are the only ones privy to some of the secrets GRRM has revealed to them, so shepherding any another writers through constructing a script is probably just not worth it.

That said, i would love to scripts written by others like JMS, Neil Gaiman, Vince Gilligan, and other great scriptwriters. Not as part of the official GOT scripts for remaining seasons, but more like officially sanctioned fan-fiction. ;-) (yeah, i know, not going to happen, don't get your panties in a bunch)

Hmm...

I don't think it's going to be much different than S1. Clearly D&D planned out the events of every episode very specifically before handing off to the writers, but then I think the writers did a great job of adapting the actual dialogue (especially Jane Espenson, episode 6 was the best written by far, IMO). I don't know why it would be a lot different unless they diverge from the source a ton (which they appear to have no intention of doing).

The difference iwth Babylon 5 is that GoT is based on detailed source material. So all the writers need do is look at that for guidance when they are lost. I think you're right, though, that D&D will in fact retain 100% of the creative control. They seem very handson in every aspect (so far so good so I can't blame them).

Archived