Sandor Clegane v. 7...better, faster, stronger...

headtrip_honey

:D Great stuff.

I got Belandra Gardener for my lady name and Belandra Rivers for my bastard name. Much of a muchness...

I'm thinking though I could adopt Belandra as a formal name...or a sign in name or something, it's a bit regal and I like it :) I have about twenty nicknames already so whats one more....

Interesting. I just typed the name Clegane into the noble lady name generator and it came up with....Alayne Clegane. Was this generator designed by a San/san shipper I wonder...... :rolleyes:

Interesting IIRC this name generator was made by Johnny who hosts towerofthehand.com, and I would NOT have pegged him for a San/San shipper. Veeeerrrry interesting ;)

Anyway I am Annara Mollen (boring) or Annara Stone (a bit better, but why not Alayne Stone it also starts with an A?). I prefer my Targaryen King name: Aegon 1 Targaryen, here be dragons baby B)

Those of you sharing your love on LJ may be amused by the sweet irony of my Dothraki warrior name. (Ahem).

Yeah, it's Rakharo (son of Qotho).

LOL, if it makes you feel a bit better it also gave me Rakkharo. Methinks that is the only Dothraki warrior name it has to offer?

Edit: Eeek 403 posts, have sombody made a new thread?

My bastard name is Brienne Stone. I prefer my noble lady's name of Clegane. ;)

I'm afraid we'll get a warning for getting too chatty or something, so I'm going to talk about Sandor again.

I was re-reading Arya's chapters in Storm of Swords (which, it's really hard not to call them Sandor's chapters), and his trek to the Twins got me to thinking... When he gets close enough to the Twins, he adopts a disguise. I think he's stopped once on the road and then again when he gets to the wedding feast, and each time he's very polite, saying, "My Lord" etc., acting very humble, and keeping his eyes lowered. And he tells Arya that if you keep your head down and your tone respectful, high lords won't pay much attention to you. (I don't have the books with me so please bear with my extremely sketchy summary.)

I wonder... I wonder if he learned that from observing Sansa at court. What to say, how to act when you're dealing with high lords that potentially want to harm you, and you just want to stay out of trouble.

Has this been brought up before? If so, I apologize for rehashing.

I'm afraid we'll get a warning for getting too chatty or something, so I'm going to talk about Sandor again.

I was re-reading Arya's chapters in Storm of Swords (which, it's really hard not to call them Sandor's chapters), and his trek to the Twins got me to thinking... When he gets close enough to the Twins, he adopts a disguise. I think he's stopped once on the road and then again when he gets to the wedding feast, and each time he's very polite, saying, "My Lord" etc., acting very humble, and keeping his eyes lowered. And he tells Arya that if you keep your head down and your tone respectful, high lords won't pay much attention to you. (I don't have the books with me so please bear with my extremely sketchy summary.)

I wonder... I wonder if he learned that from observing Sansa at court. What to say, how to act when you're dealing with high lords that potentially want to harm you, and you just want to stay out of trouble.

I think it's likely a lesson he learned from getting bullied as a kid. Remember, he was often giving Sansa advice on how to deal with the people at court. His face, I'm sure, made him an expert on how to avoid unwanted attention.

ETA: Can someone start the next thread? I started the last two...pretty please?

Like headtrip said, I think this is something he probably already knew for himself, since it's basically the advice he gives Sansa right after Ned is killed. But it is possible he may have learned some of the finer points of just how to do it really well by watching Sansa, because she is something of a master at it (even Tyrion recognizes and is impressed by this). In other words, he already understood the theory, but watching Sansa exercise it in practice may have helped him do a better job of it later on. If that makes sense?

ETA: Can someone start the next thread? I started the last two...pretty please?

Do we have to wait until this thread is locked before we start a new one? If so, I'll give it a try if I'm around at the time. I've never made one before, though, so don't laugh at me if I screw it up. :P Edit: Never mind. Thanks, Leigh!

Soooo, is there a new thread now? I tried Clegane 8, but nothing came up.

I'd like to know just how observant Sandor was of Sansa. Interesting point about him watching her master her courtesies. Even though he mockingly (and later seemingly endearingly) calls her Little Bird because of her courtesies, do you think he admired that about her?

Soooo, is there a new thread now? I tried Clegane 8, but nothing came up.

I'd like to know just how observant Sandor was of Sansa. Interesting point about him watching her master her courtesies. Even though he mockingly (and later seemingly endearingly) calls her Little Bird because of her courtesies, do you think he admired that about her?

Yes, there is a Sandor v8 His awesomeness just can't be contained. (I'm pretty computer illiterate so I don't know how to provide a link).

And I think her courtesies annoyed him at first, but then he started to appreciate them, because no matter how badly everyone treated her, she never lost them.

I suspect that's how Sandor acted to Tywin Lannister.

Archived