Season 2 + 3 Start Dates

ProducersBitch

*snip*

i suppose that comes down to how far HBO is willing to take this show. If they want to keep it going through all 7 books, having two complete seasons air within a 12 month period would put the show way ahead of Martin's writing progress. The only way they could keep pace with the release of books is if they make two seasons out of Swords and another 2 out of a combined Feast and Dance.

As long as they can get through A Storm of Swords I will be happy.

I was going to post something very similar to this, but you stole my thunder. I didn't know about the 'Entourage' 2-part season, but I knew

about 'The Sopranos' and also 'Oz'. 'Oz' had six seasons: five were eight-episode seasons, but

season four was sixteen episodes, aired in two

eight-episode stretches, July 12, 2000 - Aug 30,

2000 & Jan 07, 2001 - Feb 25, 2001. That's

about four months between the two half-

seasons, which is something similar to what I

could imagine them doing with GoT (though I'm

hardly banking on it, it's just a really pleasant

fantasy). The idea of no fourth season for

'Boardwalk Empire' certainly seems like it could

fit with a season or half-season (however you

want to define it) of GoT airing in the fall. This

might also make sense for the OP's idea of the

third season starting a month early, which would

then in turn possibly fit with Charles Dance's

suggestion (though probably just a muff on his

part) of season three filming starting a month or

two earlier. This would also mean that the

greenlight for season 3 (and possibly 4) would

need to come earlier, maybe at the time of the

DVD/Blu-ray release, though it wouldn't

necessarily have to be made public (rumors

would abound). They could also hold off on

official casting announcements (not that we

seem to get them until months after the

greenlight, anyway). Anyway, it's all just fancy I suppose, but I've gotten so far ahead of myself with recent rumors that I'm now going to be

disappointed if the next renewal isn't for two

seasons or a double-length season. :

How come ur name is jack sparrow in asoiaf forums ? Lol just saw potc 4 so wondering...u still like potc?? Btw ur name a reference to "sparrow=septons/peasants" also?

Does Sopranos show an accelerated showing schedule? The first half of S6 seems to have debuted in Mar 06 and the second in Apr 07.

Well, 'The Sopranos' started off with more of a regular airing schedule, with about nine months between seasons 1 & 2 and eleven months between seasons 2 & 3, but then it's fifteen months between 3 & 4, another fifteen between 4 & 5 and then twenty-one months between 5 & 6, so I think the nine month gap during the halves of season 6 is accelerated compared to their usual pace at that point.

I'm going to assume that S3 is going to be similar to S2 until told differently. I could be wrong but none of the advantages of changing seems that alluring to me. They could save some money by filming all of aSoS at once for example but given that they will hopefully continue beyond that book, they are still going to have to spend a lot of money anyhow.

Archived