Who is/are your favourite character/s so far?

bladesofblue

1. Stannis - The true king in my opinion and even though alot of people are against him his still determined to claim what is his

2. Davos - Probably one of the most loyal characters in the series

3. Oberyn Martell - Awesome fight with Gregor and I liked his character

4. Ramsy Snow/Bolton - His so insane but so clever as well how he faked his death and a ture villian in the series

5. Jamie - I really liked his character change when they cut off his hand, gains a sense of duty and honour that he didn't have before

I've pickep up Daenerys as my favourite character and I've been refusing to pick up another. But, in a matter of fact, I think the books were written in a way you can't just like a character and dislike another, but you feelings for them will often change as the story goes on. I've never been a big fan of Tyrion, but i think he's a very good character (that's not a paradox), as well as Jon Snow. Arya is quite a nice character too, and I'm starting to like her better.

• 1 month later...

1. Tyrion "The Imp" Lannister: the dwarf whose wits have saved him from many a predicament.

2. Sandor "The Hound" Clegane: while cruel, I found Sandor to have a great wisdom while he lived. He knew the truth of the world.

3. Samwell Tarly: I found I could easily relate to this man of the Night's Watch, though I don't consider myself to be that much of a craven.

4. Davos Seaworth: This guy had an incredible sort of wisdom in him. His loyalty to Stannis was really more than the King deserved, to be honest.

5. Jaqen H'ghar: Even though he was a rather minor character in the second book (i'm not sure if he'll show up later on,) he just seemed like a cool guy overall. He seemed to understand the world well, much like The Hound, but this man paid his debts.

My favorite is by far Arya. I've always identified with characters that appear weak but try their damnedest to destroy that image. Arya is seen as insignificant in everything but her name, but she is way too proud to let her small stature and gender get in the way of her desires.

My other favorites are Tyrion (obviously), Jon Snow, and Bran. I identify with them for similar reasons as I listed for Arya, but unlike Arya, they are all much more wise about the world and its people.

Smaller characters I love are Varys, Tormund Giantsbane, and Meera Reed.

I really have to disagree that Arya appears weak, but agree that she tries to be strong. As a little girl she is obviously physically weak but it seems this aspect is never put to the test or shown to drag her down. Instead she has strengths that she develops and uses to become a "silent power". I rather enjoy the way martin used Arya as a character who seeks to find her identity and role in life.

Arya is one of my favorite characters because of the stories she represents. She undergoes a journey that is more like the backalley amorphous adventure than the structured main road of King's Landing.

I'm done ASoS but I WILL NOT spoil anything.

Favourite? By far, I love reading Jaime and Tyrion's POV chapters.

When GRRM goes into Jaime's head and thoughts, it is really interesting and fun. Jaime will also be a really fun read next book. Tyrion's POV is just so addictiing. There isn't one part I didn't like.

I just really hope GRRM doesn't make Jon, Dany's and Arya's story boring...

• 1 month later...

1. Jaime

2. Tyrion

3. Jon

4. Robert Baratheon (because of his back story, what an absolutely tank he used to be)

5. Loras Tyrell

and also Rhaegar Targaryan, can't really say he's one of my favourite characters but I find him so interesting I hope George does a prequel or reveals more about him/that time

Wow, not much love for Dany eh?

1. Dany

I believe Dany must tackle the biggest challenges. She acts like Sansa at the beginning, accepting whatever fate she is thrust upon. However, she distinguishes herself by making the best of whatever position she is in. If she is married to a warlord, she knows how to use that to her advantage. Whenever she see's something she believes is wrong, if it is within her power, she stops it. She is becoming more and more independent of others every book. Big time when she tells Mormont off. I feel she is becoming a leader that will be powerful enough to take the Iron Throne, but is she losing sight of her youth? She always says she wants to "go home." but it never occurs to her that her youth is paying the price. Will she take the throne and find that home wasn't worth what she gave up?

2. Tyrion Lannister

3. Littlefinger

4. Arya Stark

5. Bran Stark

6. Varys

my favorite is definitely Jon Snow. i always felt i could relate a lot to him, i know what it is to be the lone wolf.

Tyrion is a close second, the guy is just legendary for his witty comments and his very likable personality, he seems the only decent guy in all of kings landing at present

i at first did not like Jammie for his arrogance yet by this books end he had changed a lot and as his sister said he was not the same man as before. his experience on the road to kings landing and time with Brienna has changed him, he seems to really want to reclaim his lost honour

Tyrion, Littlefinger, Olenna, Tywin and Jaime. Tyrion is my favourite, the others come after.

I love their acid dialogues, especially Tyrion's. I usually laugh a lot while reading his chapters.

At the other end there is Sonsa Stark, the girl with 'boring' written all over her face. "Sonsa" is a portuguese word for 'dumb'.

Archived