Sandor Clegane v.8... his awesomeness can't be contained in 7 threads.

Leigh of Oldstones

It was horses. And learning to drive is probably included in Squiring 1.01, along with such other usefull tasks as scouring chainmail and how to wash Sers dirty smallclothes ;)

ROTFL :D

But I think he learn more and more about 'survival' after he left his house and before he came to Lannisters as sellsword.

ROTFL :D

But I think he learn more and more about 'survival' after he left his house and before he came to Lannisters as sellsword.

I wouldn't class him as a sellsword. His family were already bannermen to House Lannister, he just left home and offered his services.

Thanks -- that's what I'm remembering wrong. I was thinking and trying to remember the small council conversation about it.

You can lose 30,000 golden dragons quite quickly if you're a gambler and a drunkard. The more you drink, the luckier you feel. All reasons why Sandor actually wouldn't be all that sexy if you met him in the flesh. :lol:

Oh, I would. :wub: But then, I have really horrible taste in men. I tend to be attracted to really arrogant heavy drinkers, gamblers, lawyers... :bang:

Doing a re-read and just finished GOT and was struck by the scene where Sansa tells Joff she hates him and he has her hit for the first time.

She proved she was no craven and didn't breakdown like Joff wanted her too.

Made me think this was probably when Sandor started to groove on Sansa for real.

When he tells her to make things easier on herself and just give Joff what he wants and she pleads with him to tell her what that is

He wants you to smile and smell sweet and be his lady love He wants to hear you recite all your pretty little words the way the septa taught you.

He wants you to love him.... and fear him

I'm thinking that's what Sandor is wanting from her.

I wouldn't class him as a sellsword. His family were already bannermen to House Lannister, he just left home and offered his services.

Yeah, he is a man-at-arms, not a sellsword. My interpretation of a sellsword is that they hire out for various jobs here and there. Whereas a man-at-arms has been accepted into some lord's castle as a permanent employee. But Sandor wasn't a sellsword -- even after he left the Lannisters he was looking for another permanent position.

Oh, I would. :wub: But then, I have really horrible taste in men. I tend to be attracted to really arrogant heavy drinkers, gamblers, lawyers... :bang:

My family can tell you -- I tend to expound on the evils of gambling to much quiet eye-rolling. Last night in class, my professor asked if anyone knew what a craps (?) table is, then if anyone had ever been to Vegas, then told us we all need to get out and live a little. I bit my tongue to keep it from running away. :lol:

So Sandor being a gambler is a deal-breaker. But maybe Sansa can cure him of that!

sandor ??? lol he actually has a thread?

he is nothing but a dead dog lol

*clears throat* *whispers*

You might want to reread Brienne's chapter with Elder Brother. He's alive and well, although limping.

sandor ??? lol he actually has a thread?

he is nothing but a dead dog lol

Okay! Thanks for trolling in to let us know!! I know MY face is red! :blush:

Doing a re-read and just finished GOT and was struck by the scene where Sansa tells Joff she hates him and he has her hit for the first time.

She proved she was no craven and didn't breakdown like Joff wanted her too.

Made me think this was probably when Sandor started to groove on Sansa for real.

When he tells her to make things easier on herself and just give Joff what he wants and she pleads with him to tell her what that is

He wants you to smile and smell sweet and be his lady love He wants to hear you recite all your pretty little words the way the septa taught you.

He wants you to love him.... and fear him

I'm thinking that's what Sandor is wanting from her.

I had exactly that same thought on my re-read.

Agreed. I'd say that he knows her fear of him is part of his problem. Joffrey may want that but Sandor like his ladies proper, not petrified.

I agree. I think he resents it that she is afraid of him, and reacts like a proper misanthrope, by making her more afraid of him. Its interesting that her crush on him begins as a result of when he saved her from the mob.

I agree. I think he resents it that she is afraid of him, and reacts like a proper misanthrope, by making her more afraid of him.

Wow. If that's the case then he is really going about things the wrong way. Sandor is in serious need of someone to give him some advice on how to get a girl to like you. Sadly, I can't think of any male character who would give him decent advice (except maybe Davos, but he's too busy trying not to get eaten by cannibals at the moment), so it'd have to be a girl. Oh, I know! Randa Royce! ;)

Archived