Sandor Clegane v.8... his awesomeness can't be contained in 7 threads.

Leigh of Oldstones

Wow. If that's the case then he is really going about things the wrong way. Sandor is in serious need of someone to give him some advice on how to get a girl to like you. Sadly, I can't think of any male character who would give him decent advice (except maybe Davos, but he's too busy trying not to get eaten by cannibals at the moment), so it'd have to be a girl. Oh, I know! Randa Royce! ;)

Oh Lord, I think Randa's advice will be a bit too advance for both of them. :lol:

No clearly we need the expert of Romantic Love in here. Get Loras, he will know what must be done.

Yes. Any guy who spouts lines about candles not being able to replace the sun (snort) would know exactly the sort of thing to make Sansa Stark's eyes go starry. Yes, this is a good idea.

It's interesting how many men are blind to the sexual attraction between Sandor and Sansa, nor do they understand his appeal.

I think it's because Sandor makes them feel small:P

:owned:

But seriously that's a good topic of discussion. Why do are so many male readers completely oblivious or selectively blind to Sandor and Sansa? And why does the prospect of their relationship offend some of them? Is it because a badass warrior shouldn't be tied down by a mushy love plot? :P

But seriously that's a good topic of discussion. Why do are so many male readers completely oblivious or selectively blind to Sandor and Sansa? And why does the prospect of their relationship offend some of them? Is it because a badass warrior shouldn't be tied down by a mushy love plot? :P

Probably. Honestly, the attraction is sublte, but so obvious to me, I'm constantly amazed when people claim they don't see it. I think a lot of male readers don't see chemistry until the characters are actually having sex :)

You know Kadence is a man (amazing the nickname seems so feminine) he who ships Aegon (who has a Joffrey temper) and Sansa? My nephew is also blind to SanSan, he just found the scene at Blackwater really confusing.

Probably. Honestly, the attraction is sublte, but so obvious to me, I'm constantly amazed when people claim they don't see it. I think a lot of male readers don't see chemistry until the characters are actually having sex :)

I know right?? Its soo obvious, how can they not see it! :lol:

That's funny. My husband picked up on it almost right away, and that was just from watching the show; he hasn't even read the books. He did not react positively to it though, because he thinks Sandor is an asshole and Sansa's way too young for him. And to be fair, he's absolutely right about the latter as things stand in the first season, and mostly right about the former as well. I mean, we all love Sandor, but there's no denying he can be a world-class dick.

You know Kadence is a man (amazing the nickname seems so feminine) he who ships Aegon (who has a Joffrey temper) and Sansa? My nephew is also blind to SanSan, he just found the scene at Blackwater really confusing.

I didn't really get a Joffrey number 2 vibe from Aegon. He just seemed like a regular teen boy. Did I miss something?

The Blackwater scene was electric. He needs contacts. :P

Kadence is a man?? :eek:

I am pretty sure yeah. Someone was like "You're a girl" and shim was like "No I'm not".

Check with shim.

male readers favour Tyrion (an ugy nerd) and many quite like Aegon because he seems well read.

The incident of temper when Aegon loses a Cyvasse game. But I generally think Aegon is okay, he just seem weak (but then blond haired pale eyed people tend to be weak looking).

But isn't that dickishness part of his earthy charm?

:lol: Well, it's not the kind of thing that would make me go for him**, but it is part of what makes him so great to read about. Definitely. I mean, I just can't not like a character who says, "Bugger that. Bugger him. Bugger you."

**When I first typed that, I actually added "because irl I don't like dicks" to the end of that sentence. And then I realized how it sounded. Oops.

And yet Sandor appears adept at it. Not only can he pass for a commoner when trekking with Arya, but he manages to avoid detection by the ever so observant Brienne (trying really. really. hard. not to roll my eyes right now. I love Brienne, but c'mon. It took you THAT long to figure out Pod was tailing you? Pod is so NOT subtle.) on the Quiet Isle.

I think the key words are "pass for a commoner". A commoner was sort of invisible those days. A huge knight is noticed and talked about, a huge peasant is barely noted and promptly forgotten.

Sandor can talk like a commoner, the reason being, I believe, that he grew up with them. His father was a landed knight, sure, but his keep was rather small and unsignificant. None of Clegane brothers shows sighs of genteel upbringing :).

It's interesting how many men are blind to the sexual attraction between Sandor and Sansa, nor do they understand his appeal.

I think it's because Sandor makes them feel small:P

I don't think it's a male vs female thing... I really didn't see San-San at all until I read about it on the forums. Well I mean obviously I figured out that The Hound had some kind of a creepy obsession with Sansa what with the attempted rape and various drunk creepings-ons. But Sansa??? She's described as being scared of him more than anything else, so that's what stuck in my mind while reading. I didn't even notice that she'd misremembered something in affc. One person being scared and the other being sort of creepy doesn't make a ship sail for me. I was honestly baffled when I read it was the most popular ship in the fandom (and this was like... 5 years ago??) Obviously now that I've read all the arguments I understand it, but still not a fan i'm afraid!

I do <3 Sansa though! I just ship Sansa/Winterfell instead. ;)

Wow new Sandor thread and four pages already! Nice work:)

Firstly on Sandors disguise I was wondering how "famous" would he be throughout the land generally. He would be well known at Kings Landing (and other places where he may have squired at) and have some recognition through torneys etc but would the average famer who never goes to KL or knows much about the royal family know or heard who he is? Maybe he can slip by anyone not related to KL ok? Maybe people know of him due to his Hound helm and because of his brother but there doesn't seem to be any public horrible stories of his behaviour in his past like Gregor.

The innkeeper recognised him in ASOS but others didn't so I'm thinking yes he is known but only if you have moved in those cicles yourself or have had reason to come across him and not just a general famousness or recognition such as the King.

But isn't that dickishness part of his earthy charm?

Yes, yes it is for me. Believe it or not I fell for his sweet and fluffy "personality" first then physically only after the show. I luuurve his sarcastic, foul mouth arsiness and think we would get on like a house on fire. :D

Archived