What would you do if you got dropped into the 7 kingdoms?

Defengar

Without warning you suddenly find yourself in an empty field a few miles from Kings landing.

You are in normal Earth clothes and wearing a watch. You have a smartphone in your pocket (can`t call anyone or get online Obviously, but can do everything else), as well as a standard swiss army knife, and a wallet with all your creds.money in it. For funzies you also have a couple bars of Chocolate and some Rubber bands.

What would you do, and do you think you could survive?

The picturing of this scenario has made me laugh out loud ridiculously... Imagine the thoughts of the first people you come across in your 21st century clothing, tiny wrist watch, and "witchcraft" gadget... lol, anyway before i answer i have a single question to ask. Are we aware that we entered the book and are aware of the character plots and so forth? or just completely oblivious to the entire thing, just dropped into the 7 kingdoms with no knowledge of anything or than its not our time period?

Disguise myself as a man and obtain a weapon and some money. (Seriously, women do not fare well alone in Westoros.)

Then I would make my way to Dorne. I love Dorne. Warm climate, spicy food and lots of spear carrying. My kind of place! I'm sure I could find work doing something. I'd stand a better chance there. Less prejudice against women.

Long-term I would definitely try and get together with a group of sailors and plan a journey to the Jade Sea and back.

One trip is supposedly enough to make you rich enough to live like a lord for the rest of your days. I'd bring back exotic spices, expensive wines and rare fabrics to sell back in Westeros, and then buy myself a nice bit of land in Dorne and relax in the sun with all my hard-earned gold.

.... first I'll have a glorious swearing fit, 'cause it would SUCK to be a girl in modern clothes down there. I mean... seriously.. a mini-skirt and hoodie combo? Oh look, its rape-o-clock already (altho some may simply dagger me on sight for the UMBRELLA logo on the said hoodie, 'cause with my luck, watch that be some crazy Essos pirates crest)

Then I'll attempt to find out what date it is, 'cause if its something covering the books time...errr.. I may need to head up to Riverrun instead (compare places, within those walls is closest to SAFE its ever been!)

all else - cut hair, bind tits to not be so obviously a girl and go try my luck anywhere! ... thats not a whorehouse... and is South of The Neck

I would try and find some isolated farm or something and just try and stay out of trouble, out of sight out of mind.. Hopefully I would find some clothes on the way, dont ask me how though. Considering I am a big man (as in tall and broad shouldered) though I would most likely get "drafted" into serving some lord or another and most likely get killed instantly..I can imagine running up against ser Gregor armed with my Swiss army knife..

.... hang on, we all comin from 21 century are LITERATE! There's gotta be some way to cash in on that in the "dark ages" thats Westeros..... (or run some damn fine scams and then run for Free Cities)

.... hang on, we all comin from 21 century are LITERATE! There's gotta be some way to cash in on that in the "dark ages" thats Westeros..... (or run some damn fine scams and then run for Free Cities)

Yeah this will probably save us..

"Where is Beric Dondarrion? Is there gold hidden in the village?"

"I can read!"

Tickle, tickle..

Yeah this will probably save us..

"Where is Beric Dondarrion? Is there gold hidden in the village?"

"I can read!"

Tickle, tickle..

pffft, if I'm landing in THAT area...or anywhere near Harrenhall when Bolton is in residence.. The swiss knife is being used to open up my own veins

The more I'm thinking of this, the more there's gotta be a way to scam this up. Seriously... us lil 2000s peeps have mostly good and white~ish teeth, can read (always a useful skill), delicate lil hands (relatively speaking of course, but its still a sign of being high~er born) .. and my multi-colored hair must convince someone I'm from FreeCities and must be important!! To like.. feed and loan silver to

Google some photos of any book written in the XIII century. Try to read a page. Tell us how well it went. Then, just for fun, find a goose feather and write something. Make a photo of it and show us, we'll have a good laugh together.

And, let's not forget, after your first meal you will probably die of food poisoning or dysentery or something similarly pleasant (that is, if you manage to eat without a fork), and the first time you use the facilities, you'll wish you were dead already.

Archived