What would you do if you got dropped into the 7 kingdoms?

Defengar

Wait why does everyone think this is going to be a bad thing. Even basic high school education will make you level with a dum maester. You are literate, you have a least a basic grasp of science and you should be clever enough to avoid anyone who is likely to kill you. For me with my extensive knowledge of science i could build some basic bombs or some other commodity that has not yet been invented.

Really? Tell me, please, how you would build something... useful, but legal (so you could describe the process here in details). Use all your school knowledge, but no Google and no Wikipedia.

When Scotty beamed me there I happened to have my AK 47 in my fancy snakeskin clutch.

So I better start with what every good invader should do: Teach'em respect, mow some down, WHAM!

After that I should start forming some alliances. With the rebellious smallfolk against their ruthless feudal oppressors or with the nobility against the insubordinate scum. Depending on what fits better into my road to success.

Next step would be a nice and tasteful upholstering of the Iron Throne: floral tea rose pattern on velvety silk chenille would be pretty, wouldn't it? Very ladylike indeed.

I'd need some law enforcement: so I might team up with the Others, they might freeze some respect into my people, Gestapo style.

And now it is time to build up my Westerosi Nation: I will show some initiative in education as every responsible usurper should do. To show my cultural superiority i will read the Holy Bible and the Koran to them. ( " Silence! I kill you " NO, Ahmed, NO i was NOT being disrespectful! DON'T push that button! ) ok, ignorance is strength.

I see, time for a government to fend off all threats from outside:

Hand: Tyrion, for clever advice and stupid jokes ( might get dangerous, that one, needs a jinglebells collar, freedom is slavery )

Department of Defense: Daeneris ( rather impulsive, that one, DEFENSE, lol )

Food and Drug administration: Lady Olenna, for hemlock, digitalis and deathcap in the charity pies (population control ) and the Soylent Green bars.

Department of Family values: Walder Frey

Department of Music: closely supervised by my Hand Tyrion

Gender Politics and Planned Parenthood: Cersei ( don't get pregnant, you stupid cow, I'd be a joke )

Department of morality: Jon Snow ( morality is always dangerous, have him controlled by Melisandre! )

Department of Coins: Myself, after all I have the Kalashnikov when it comes to taxes.

So now I have formed my perfect oligarchy: Me, Me, Me and Me on the Silk Throne

Time to get to Essos - Daeneris, Department of Defence, war is peace!

NO, Mr. Martin, don't send the Dead Terrorist after me!! I won't do all that, I promise I never had a Kalashnikov, IswearIswearIswear!!!!!! BEAM ME BACK SCOTTY!

Assuming that by the time i get there, the Pale Mare has been erradicated, Id be heading to Meereen like everyone else. Get me a sight of a Dragon (which dont exist in our world) and take some pictures with my camera-phone. Side with Dany, (who will be amazed at my photos of her dragons) and Barristan Selmy (who can teach me sword craft) and laugh with Tyrion who i'd hope would become my drinking partner (hoping he's in Meeren with Dany by then)

First I'll acquire some Westeroi clothing, or failing that I'll roll around in the mud alot. Then I'll get a ship to either Braavos (it seems an exciting place to make a living) or the vale (so far its safe and looking to stay that way - though I wouldn't want to go there by land).

Oh and I'll sell my rubber bands since there's nothing like them in Westeros and they would be fairly useful I should be able to get a good price for them. If people ask where they came from I'll make vague references to the East.

Without warning you suddenly find yourself in an empty field a few miles from Kings landing.

You are in normal Earth clothes and wearing a watch. You have a smartphone in your pocket (can`t call anyone or get online Obviously, but can do everything else), as well as a standard swiss army knife, and a wallet with all your creds.money in it. For funzies you also have a couple bars of Chocolate and some Rubber bands.

That settles it tbh, I wouldn't survive.

I have a few doubts, would i know the common tongue (or any other language)? In wich specific "time" in the story would i land?

You would land right at the end of ADWD. Lets pretend common is the same as english (or any first language you use) for the sake of simplicity.

Really? Tell me, please, how you would build something... useful, but legal (so you could describe the process here in details). Use all your school knowledge, but no Google and no Wikipedia.

This is coming from the top of my head but...

Cannons are an incredibly simple concept and aren't too difficult to make. Rifling is also pretty simple, grooves in the shape of a helix helps to ensure accuracy and speed. You don't even need too much accuracy seeing as you'd be using it as a siege weapon. But to make it an anti-personnel weapon all you need to do is stick some shrapnel or canister shot which acts like a massive shotgun. All you need is something similar to gunpowder or an accelerant to propel the cannonball.

You could also easily make a grenade with the above materials.

If you have the time then you could develop hand-cannons which are essentially smaller cannons that can be carried. That would eventually evolve into a flint-lock gun or you could skip that entirely and use a percussion cap.

If I landed in a field near King's Landing I'd go to anyone in the lower echelons of government and convince them to hire me due to my accounting abilities. There I could earn the coin I need to survive and get transport to the Citadel and try to enrol as a student.

Ok, I would definitely go straight to the whorehouses and become a prostitute...because really, from my experience of reading, if you're a girl...you are going to get raped if out and about. I'm not nobility, so I can't use that as a means to better myself.

So, why not make money off of what would inevitably happen.

it's awful, but that's westeros. ewwwwwwwww

otherwise, I would also bind my chest, pretend to be a bro and attempt to learn some kind of valuable thing so I can get a semi-decent job.

TBH, pretty much anyone living in westeros is going to be FUCKED. The common people don't matter, and it's sure as hell hard to become important if you're a common person.

You are sadly realistic, Seanbean

I guess I would do the same and try to establish a flourishing business. A successful prostitute may be much better off than a wife who is totally dependent, at high risk do die in childbirth and to be abused without possible defence against her husband. Common or noble women had practically no possibilities to earn a living without being owned by whatever man. So I' d use my wit and business cleverness to stay independent. Only I'd have to organise the first dose of moon tea and prostitution is always a high risk job.

Choose a side: Tommen and the Lannisters, because im near KL.

Convince Cersei to hear me; that wouldn`t be too dificult: a strange (with a pleasant appearance - good teeth, clean and parfumed and no scars - and strange, but of good quality, clothes).

Explain what i can do for them (basic fire weapons)...

Teach them how to make black powder and primitive fire weapons weapons like bombards and arquebuzes, and how to use them: bye-bye enemy castle walls, bye-bye enemy armoured sers, bye-bye flying dragons, bye-bye white-walkers, etc.

Cersei (because i turned to be the best help she could ever expect) and Tommen love me (and are in awe of my "magical" capacities) while i try to asure the other courtesans that i don`t want ill over them.

And bam!!: i am the new Hand of the King (with some lordship with lands and vassals), and try to run the Kingdom (in name of Tommen) to my best capacities:

Some general law to the kingdom, but respecting some token local laws.

Outlaw torture.

Same rights in heritage to men and women.

Settle an anual "Great Council" with representatives from several places (from noble lords to village commoners) to talk about their problems and ideas.

Create a permanent royal army and navy.

Creat a new national flag and make a competiton to find the best song for hymn, that would help to create a some patriotism around the idea of a united Westeros.

Make sure to be (despite im an atheist) accepted by the Faith.

Paved roads.

Sewers.

Baths.

Aqueducts.

Convince artisans from the Free Cities to settle in Westeros and help to develop the economy.

Create prizes that rewards excellency in various fields, to encourage the development of the society, economy and culture.

Convince the Citadel to send maesters in service of the Crown, to serve has medics and teachers to the general population.

... And Nymeria Sand fall in love with me, and we marry!

:cool4:

I'd go and find myself a direwolf pup, they seem like the most worthwhile companions. Then I would set about eliminating Freys and Boltons and making westeros a better place. Also, developing penicillin and other antibiotics would be a smart move, due to the large amount of people dying of infections.

I'd also go hang out with Jon because he's gorgeous.

I would totally find somewhere to hide and play fruitninja on my phone untill Bloodraven showed me how to get out. >.>

Or

I would go find Dany and tell her Im a wizard (who just so happens to be ruggedly handsome >.>). From there, who knows? Maybe Id get a ride on some dragons, both the human and reptilian varieties.

I would totally find somewhere to hide and play fruitninja on my phone untill Bloodraven showed me how to get out. >.>

Or

I would go find Dany and tell her Im a wizard (who just so happens to be ruggedly handsome >.>). From there, who knows? Maybe Id get a ride on some dragons, both the human and reptilian varieties.

this.

you win the challenge

You are sadly realistic, Seanbean

I guess I would do the same and try to establish a flourishing business. A successful prostitute may be much better off than a wife who is totally dependent, at high risk do die in childbirth and to be abused without possible defence against her husband. Common or noble women had practically no possibilities to earn a living without being owned by whatever man. So I' d use my wit and business cleverness to stay independent. Only I'd have to organise the first dose of moon tea and prostitution is always a high risk job.

I had my gardasil vaccines... but do you have access antibiotics that would cure syphilis, gonorreah, urinary tract infections etc.

A husband has an emotional bond with his wife most of the time.

Prostitues are often beaten and murdered by their clients.

Archived