The Martells

Knepah

• 2 weeks later...

I love the Martells.

Nazanin Boniadi as Arianne http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2258164/

Oded Fehr as Oberyn

Alexander Siddig as Doran

Matthew McNulty as Quentyn

I would love to see a Persian girl play Arianne :cool4: so i approve of your choice. As for Oberyn and Doran not too sure, I always thought of Oberyn to be very handsome and have dark smoldering eyes, and yes Doran needs to look a bit more frail, not beefy haha.

Just to stir things up, we haven't seen any of the Martells yet, so despite them being Mediterranean in canon, what if Oberyn Martell was played by Donnie Yen? He's got a little while to work on his Chinese accent, or the hell with it maybe his accent could be a part of establishing the separateness of Dornish culture. Even accented, his English is still really really good.

More than anyone else, Donnie Yen will sell the threat against Gregor Clegane. Really, Oberyn Martell's character needs to fight well and deliver one-liners. Well, one line more than others. They need an actor with real training to sell that.

I've always really liked the idea of Oded Fehr for Oberyn and Freida Pinto as Arianne Martell but i don't think she would do it.

Her career isn't that impressive to presume she would turn down the opportunity to play an important character on HBO's most popular series ever.

Wow, some great suggestions in this thread.

I never thought about Nazanin Boniadi playing a Martell. But great choice! Because of her heritage she has the mediterranean/Middle Eastern look about her and also the British accent. Great choice for either Nymeria or Arianne although I imagined Arianne with a slightly harsher look face-wise.

Emmanuelle Chriqui, as someone mentioned before, also seems great for Arianne, I think.

Zuleikah Robinson looks like a great Obara, I didn't know that Actress before.

Eric Aviari for Doran? Great!

But for Oberyn... I'm not sure about Oded Fehr. For me, Oberyn needs to be a little gaunt. I'm on Team Mark Strong!

I saw Nazanin Boniadi in how i met your mother and shes awesome and she looks great. thats a great choice

This is a really good choice, provided she isn't busy with Homeland. I think they film around the same time - but Ellaria isn't a huge part, so who knows?

Archived