The Martells

Knepah

I know she's not technically a Martell but Nymeria is also described as being attractive (I think the part in question says she has the looks that Obara lacks).

Tyene is the one you're thinking of with blonde hair and blue eyes. And Sarella is black so the Sand Snakes are kind of a diverse bunch.

Thats why I say the beauty of these ladies really have more to do with who their Mothers were.

I'm really not into football, but the other day, I had a glimpse of this match with the Sweden team, and this guy, Zlatan Ibrahimotic reminded me of the Red Viper.

You don't know how much you just made me laugh.

Zlatan's an awesome football player, but I don't know about his acting (well, okay, his acting's not too bad on the pitch.... ;) He's also rather young, though. He does have a rather impressive nose, though.

Hahaha, yes, that's why I didnt say I want him to play Oberyn, but his face expressions, his attitude (proud and still), reminded me of Oberyn. ^^

But I agree, he's quite young, yes.

I think Oded Fehr has the looks of The Red Viper. However, can he play a flamboyant/flashy type like Oberyn Martell? The roles where I've seen him, he's more of the intense, but strong/silent, type. (The Mummy, the Resident Evil movies)

The Red Viper needs to have some panache.

With the exception of Oded Fehr, that's a pretty great casting.

Oberyn in my mind is not very tall and stocky, he always struck me as a slender and quick type of guy (probably because of the image his nickname put in my mind) and Oded seems too large for him.

Nazanin Boniadi is very pretty and would make a great Arianne, but I'm worried she wouldn't be able to pull off the more reckless and defying side of the character.

I always imagined the Martells as somewhat eastern mediteranean looking. Dorne reminds me of Greece, Turkey or Israel, or even northern africa (morrocco, tunisia or algeria) I'd be very happy to see middle eastern or northern african actors cast for the Martells.

I think you got Israel wrong mate. Both Israel and Greece differ from Turkey, and also Turkey isn't very much like dorn described, Israel/Greece is ages ahead North Africa. Have you ever been to Greece / Israel?

I think that the skin tone should be mild indian, or like very light africans. North Africa fits what I had in mind pretty well, although I imagined the dornish as more sophisticated, more advanced and more proud people.

My friend and I watched Luther the other day, and I am totally on board for Indira Varma as Ellaria. My friend also blurted out that Warren Brown was exactly who she imagined as Quentyn, and I have to agree, even though I imagine most of the Martells as darker skin. He portrays naivety and earnestness really well on Luther and I think he would be a great addition to the cast (actually, can everyone from Luther be on Game of Thrones?).

I think it depands on how the Martells will be portrayed, in my mind they have looked something like James Purefoy, but I know they are discribed as having a more darker skin colour then the rest of Westeros.

Purefoy is an interesting choice, but he strikes me as an Andal.

For Oberyn's part, I'd say Swedish actor Rikard Wolff, tall and slender, a perfect blend of creepy and sympathetic and quite Dornish with his dark hair and the right makeup. Just pretending him *singing* taunts against the Mountain in the ring gives me the creeps... in a positive manner.

I think Oded Fehr has the looks of The Red Viper. However, can he play a flamboyant/flashy type like Oberyn Martell? The roles where I've seen him, he's more of the intense, but strong/silent, type. (The Mummy, the Resident Evil movies)

The Red Viper needs to have some panache.

He was Antoine in Deuce Bigalow, which had an aura of serious flamboyantness. I'm sure he can handle the Red Viper.

The Dornish people have been describedas many shades of darker skin tones.I would like to see actress with diffrent shades of dark tones from dark brown to light brown get casted .

So here is my choice

Oberyn Martell-Naveen Andrews from Lost

Elaria Sand- Paz Vega

Arianne Martell-Golshifteh Farahani from Body of Lies

SandSnakes- a blend of Persian,Indian(East) and Spanish actress

1) Astrid Berges Frisbey from Pirates of the Carribean(Spanish descent)- NYMERIA SAND

2)Zuleikha Robinson from Lost(Half Indian)- OBARA SAND

Archived