The Martells

Knepah

The idea of Nestor Carbonell as Oberyn is genius!

We need somebody that can be exotic, sort of a rebel, witty, elegant, biting, yet offhand, for Oberyn. But Oberyn is passionate and deeper and we find that out as he fights the Mountain and he loses because he is distracted by his grief and revenge for his sister, Elia. He can do bs'ing in KL and would be awesome with the Mountain fight scene.

I would like Robbie Coltrane as Doran. He can do unassuming Doran and later plotting the whole time Doran. LOL!

I have to still think about Arianne and the Sand Snakes. Not sure. Exotic, edgy, and unconventionally beautful. But all the Sand Snakes look different so...

I always imagined the Martells as somewhat eastern mediteranean looking. Dorne reminds me of Greece, Turkey or Israel, or even northern africa (morrocco, tunisia or algeria) I'd be very happy to see middle eastern or northern african actors cast for the Martells.

There's alot of actors that fit this description living in England. They used some of them for the Dothraki. The guys who played Rokharo, Quotho or the woman who played Irri might have fit for Dornish.

The idea of Nestor Carbonell as Oberyn is genius!

We need somebody that can be exotic, sort of a rebel, witty, elegant, biting, yet offhand, for Oberyn. But Oberyn is passionate and deeper and we find that out as he fights the Mountain and he loses because he is distracted by his grief and revenge for his sister, Elia. He can do bs'ing in KL and would be awesome with the Mountain fight scene.

I would like Robbie Coltrane as Doran. He can do unassuming Doran and later plotting the whole time Doran. LOL!

I have to still think about Arianne and the Sand Snakes. Not sure. Exotic, edgy, and unconventionally beautful. But all the Sand Snakes look different so...

It would be nice to have another American actor on the cast with Jason gone and only Peter left. But has he ever played a role that required an accent?

It's too bad acting is an art form and not easily accomplished by just anyone. Because, for the life of me, I can't think of anyone else who so embodies Arianne Martell (physically) than Kim Kardashian. They even have the same rich and entitled demeanor, heh.

http://www.totalhair...hian-009268.jpg

Disclaimer: No, I am not saying anyone should be calling her for the role...was just looking at pictures and musing.

I thought the same thing as I read!

I think Robbie Coltrane would be too white for Doran. Ideally, they'd cast somebody Middle Eastern or Spanish.

I think Robbie Coltrane would be too white for Doran. Ideally, they'd cast somebody Middle Eastern or Spanish.

I think you mean Latin American, I would say there is a rather big difference between a person that is Spanish and a Middle-Eastern.

I’m a huge fan of the books and the HBO Tv Series. I’ve always dreamed of acting professionally, so, naturally, I dreamed of how wonderful it would be to act amongst the other child actors of Game of Thrones. As I read the series, I found the young character of Quentyn Martell to be absolutely fascinating. I was gripped by his story arch, to the extent that I even reread his chapters a few times after reading them, and extensively studied his character. He’s a young boy of 17 (as I am), he has black hair, brown eyes, is tanned from his desert home, and is short and stocky for his age (also as I am). I suit the physical description of Quentyn, unless the show's directors want something different in the actor.

I can empathise with Quentyn. I’ve always tried to do my father proud, to gain his respect, make him see my worth. I’ve also always been small for age, and I read a great deal. Quentyn is a boy, trying to impress warlords, queens, warriors, and dragons. He is one of my favourite characters, and I would be honoured to play him. Does anyone think that I could? Naturally, I’ve chosen to remain anonymous, as I fear ridicule, and that I might not be worthy of what I strive for.... Much as Quentyn Martell felt. Just sayin’.

I have an agent in London who’s in touch with all the HBO auditions and procedures etc. If anyone thinks I don’t have a chance, then that’s fine, and I understand. I know it’s a fiercely competitive business, and, perhaps, there will always be someone better suited for the part. I just wanted an objective opinion on this, and the people on this forum seemed like they were the best people to go to for that, what with their dedication to the series and the fact that many of them appreciate the show in a critical aspect and enjoy the acting especially. Does anyone think I might ever have any chance? Please, be constructive. Thank you, here is a link for my resume, including a picture of me-

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1b9saS_4GOL52GEkCDi7Op78mklQH0rsWBVLLC-ehP-A/edit

Archived