Did Shae get a raw deal?

The_Salt_Wife

I found Shae's death quite unjust. Tyrion was justified in getting his revenge on Tywin, considering how horrible his father has treated him from the day he was born.

But Shae acted in a way he should have expected. She never denied she was anything other than a whore. She died because Tyrion had deluded himself into thinking there were real emotions there, when deep down he must have always known that wasn't the case.

I do feel bad for her, but at the same time, she lied about Tyrion's involvement in his nephew's death. Perhaps I gave her a little too much credit, as Tyrion did, because when Sansa was daydreaming about clouds, it sounds like all Shae could think about was wealth and gold. I should've realized at that moment that she cared more for wealth than she ever did of Tyrion himself, but I had hoped that maybe she would be the one to free Tyrion after the trial to prove my suspicions wrong. However seeing her relaxed in Tywin's bed made me feel very little pity for her in the end.

I thought she was a great character though.

Lying about Tyrion's involvement in Joffrey' murder is akin to attempted murder. She knows he will be missing a head if found guilty. You try to kill me I kill you if given the chance. Funny how that works, not to mention the betrayal. She got exactly what she deserved. Too bad Tyrion didn't have the time to make it last - Qyburn style!

I do feel bad for her, but at the same time, she lied about Tyrion's involvement in his nephew's death. Perhaps I gave her a little too much credit, as Tyrion did, because when Sansa was daydreaming about clouds, it sounds like all Shae could think about was wealth and gold. I should've realized at that moment that she cared more for wealth than she ever did of Tyrion himself, but I had hoped that maybe she would be the one to free Tyrion after the trial to prove my suspicions wrong. However seeing her relaxed in Tywin's bed made me feel very little pity for her in the end.

Yeah what a bitch to not care about Tyrion. I mean he's a john who smacks her loving boyfriend.

Yeah what a bitch to not care about Tyrion. I mean he's a john who smacks her loving boyfriend.

She didn't love him, Average Cheese. You should know that any prostitute who cares more about money than she does about her abusive john deserves nothing more than to be tortured to death strangled and have her body discarded like garbage.

She got off easy in my book. Shae was not treated like a whore by Tyrion. I believe he loved her and was betrayed for it. You lie and try to have me killed after everything I've done to protect you, you bet I'm gonna wrench your life from your body with my own hands.

Shae made her own bed and lied in it. I was honestly hoping she wasn't going to betray Tyrion but I was surpised that she did. What did surprise me is how big of a lie she told at Tyrion's trial. And then to find out she was in Tywin's bed. I wonder how long that had been going on. She had to have known that Tyrion genuinely and misguidingly cared for her. She used that to her advantage (in her mind). She deserved to die since she knew full well that her little theatrics would essentially seal the deal for Tyrion's death. And her I had liked her!

Lying about Tyrion's involvement in Joffrey' murder is akin to attempted murder. She knows he will be missing a head if found guilty. You try to kill me I kill you if given the chance. Funny how that works, not to mention the betrayal. She got exactly what she deserved. Too bad Tyrion didn't have the time to make it last - Qyburn style!

But it seemed to me he killed her because he found her in his father's bed, not because of the earlier betrayal. The murder was inspired by passion, not rational revenge for her involvement in his trial.

But it seemed to me he killed her because he found her in his father's bed, not because of the earlier betrayal. The murder was inspired by passion, not rational revenge for her involvement in his trial.

Do you think if Shae had supported him at trial or at the very least been silent Tyrion would have killed her that night just for being with Tywin? Impossible to say, and you can't separate the two, it was prob a combination. The question was did she get a raw deal; and no, based in her falsely condemning a man to death, how can you argue when that said man returns the favor?

My personal opinion on the whole issue is that he would very likely have killed Shae just because he found her in his father's bed, but Shae reminding him of the trial sealed her fate. Recall, that he did not decisively decide to kill her until she called him, "my giant of Lannister." So, I think he still might have killed her if he ran into her in the tunnels.

My personal opinion on the whole issue is that he would very likely have killed Shae just because he found her in his father's bed, but Shae reminding him of the trial sealed her fate. Recall, that he did not decisively decide to kill her until she called him, "my giant of Lannister." So, I think he still might have killed her if he ran into her in the tunnels.

yes this. I don't think Shae was on Tyrion's shit-list until the whole "giant of lannister" comment that must have been very embarassing for poor tyrion.

Tyrion goes through life mocking those around him for their looks, lack of wits, station in life. If he's mad at people for laughing at him over having a prostitute callling him a giant than he has only himself to blame. Your embarrassing sexual proclivities aren't safe with prostitutes.

But yeah her letting the court know that tyrion liked to be called a giant (which imo is hilarious) is totally a good enough reason to be strangled.

Archived