Sandor Clegane v 10

Specifically, what foreshadowing are you thinking of? There's the stuff about Sansa dreaming of "puppies" on her lap.

Well we all know the cloak symbolism represents a future marriage, but I think the "bloody cloak" in particular that she wraps around herself and keeps when he leaves represents a bloody sheet, i.e. the blood on a white sheet that signifies a girl's lost virginity and which was so important back in those times. Sansa is very afraid when she finds out she has her period because it meant that she was now physically able to bear Joffrey's children. She tried to burn the evidence back then, but with Sandor's cloak she not only huddles under it, but keeps it under her summer silks in her cedar chest. I just think it suggests that not only will he take her virginity, but they'll have a child/children together :) Of course all of this may be hogwash and wishful thinking, but I'm holding on for dear life!

Remember the serpentine steps? Loved them together in that scene. :lol:

I always wondered whether she really just happened to bump into him in that scene... or if he'd been following her. What do you think?

And remember how he was all like "Where were you?" ...angry at her for worrying him?

I always wondered whether she really just happened to bump into him in that scene... or if he'd been following her. What do you think?

And remember how he was all like "Where were you?" ...angry at her for worrying him?

Let's just say Sandor doing that would not surprise me so much. I mean he was drunk, and you know how he gets when he's drunk ;)

I always thought it was an accident, if he was following her he would have to be like part ninja to get in front of her without her noticing... Which he very well could be considering how nimble he is.

Hmm. Well it seems he really didn't know where she had gone, so perhaps they did just bump into each other. But then maybe Sandor DID follow her and when he lost her trail, he decided to wait for her by getting drunk.

"I was praying for Joffrey." Oh Sansa. :rolleyes:

Well we all know the cloak symbolism represents a future marriage, but I think the "bloody cloak" in particular that she wraps around herself and keeps when he leaves represents a bloody sheet, i.e. the blood on a white sheet that signifies a girl's lost virginity and which was so important back in those times. Sansa is very afraid when she finds out she has her period because it meant that she was now physically able to bear Joffrey's children. She tried to burn the evidence back then, but with Sandor's cloak she not only huddles under it, but keeps it under her summer silks in her cedar chest. I just think it suggests that not only will he take her virginity, but they'll have a child/children together :) Of course all of this may be hogwash and wishful thinking, but I'm holding on for dear life!

I personally agree with that interpretation, (either way -PLEASE DON'T LET IT BE LF! :ack: ), but possible others:

--Kingsguard cloak she's wrapped in: He'll be part of her guard later on

--Cloak is like protection, and it's bloody so perhaps he'll bleed to protect her... :crying:

--hiding it under clothes - stashing the affection away for later

Hmm. Well it seems he really didn't know where she had gone, so perhaps they did just bump into each other. But then maybe Sandor DID follow her and when he lost her trail, he decided to wait for her by getting drunk.

I laughed out loud when reading that, i mean of all people to tell you were "praying" for Joffery and actually think they would believe as such.. the hound? i was like really Sansa, like he's going to believe that.

More like:

---praying for Joffrey to get a crossbow bolt stuck in his throat

---praying for Joffrey to undergo an exorcism

---praying for Joffrey to receive an enema

---praying for Joffrey to get trampled under a horse

---praying for Joffrey's head on a spike

---praying for Joffrey to get slapped around and see how he likes it

---praying for Joffrey to up and disappear forever, never to be found or trouble her again.

:devil:

Sandor also takes real pride in having rescued Sansa from the mob. A part of him clearly wanted her to come to him and thank him, and then when she tries to, he unloads on her about how he wasn't brave and that knights are made for killing. It's really a funny scene when you get past all the inappropriate things he says there because it's so obvious he wants her to admire him, but he doesn't want her to know that he wants that admiration. I wonder if he sat stewing for her to come say something and finally got really mad because he figured that if had been someone like Loras she would have sought him out sooner?

I laughed out loud when reading that, i mean of all people to tell you were "praying" for Joffery and actually think they would believe as such.. the hound? i was like really Sansa, like he's going to believe that.

And then when they run into Ser Boros, she improves upon the lie with The Hound right there because she knows that he already knows she's lying.

Seriously!

Sansa: I was uh, praying for Joffrey! Yep, that's what I was doing!

Sandor: :bs:

What are the specifics of that dream Rapsie? I can't remember it at all, but I do think her dreams are very important.

Right I've found the Castle in the Cloud bit...finally and the dream bit.

Right the dream is in the chapter of ASOS of where she is having her dress made (and I am now furious because I've realised the seamstress knew about the forced marriage and also didn't tell her...grrr bitch). P239 of the UK version.

"In Sansa's dreams, her children looked just like the brothers she had lost. Sometimes there was even a girl who looked like Arya."

The Castle bit is in her chapter just before Joff's wedding, P227 of the UK version.

"There were clouds massing in the eastern sky, pierced by shafts of sunlight. They looked like two huge castles afloat in the morning sky. Sansa could see their walls of tumbled stone their mighty keeps and barbicans. Wispy banners swirled from atop their towers and reached for the fast-fading stars. The sun was coming up behind them, and she watched them go from black to grey to a thousand

shades of rose and gold and crimson. Soon the wind mushed them together, and there was only one castle where there had been two."

Sandor also takes real pride in having rescued Sansa from the mob. A part of him clearly wanted her to come to him and thank him, and then when she tries to, he unloads on her about how he wasn't brave and that knights are made for killing. It's really a funny scene when you get past all the inappropriate things he says there because it's so obvious he wants her to admire him, but he doesn't want her to know that he wants that admiration. I wonder if he sat stewing for her to come say something and finally got really mad because he figured that if had been someone like Loras she would have sought him out sooner?

He definitely did that. It is known.

That's the exact one I was talking about, actually! :lmao:

He just comes out from some shifty door, she's trying to hurry back to her room, and HELLO!

I know right, I was like who the hell is this???? And it ended up being Sandor! That was a good laugh. :lmao:

So I was reading GoT and Sansa's POV of Joffrey's first court session. She noted that LF stopped to talk to Dontos, and now I look at that scene like ..........."Ohhh, so they've been cohorts all along." Not that I think LF planned exactly what he did that far ahead, but clearly Dontos was on his roster to use in his machinations at court. Him and Ser Balon Swann, I think was the other.

I vaguely recall that, but I thought nothing of it. Damn Littlefinger is a sneaky SOB. Thank the Seven for rereads. ;)

Yes, he does! He reminds Sansa of how happy she was to see him during the mob... and later, he's compelled to brag to Arya on how he saved Sansa. It actually kind of bothered me that Sansa didn't thank him sooner. I'd be mad too.

And then when they run into Ser Boros, she improves upon the lie with The Hound right there because she knows that he already knows she's lying.

Sansa took a walk on the wild side that night. Wonder if Sandor got a thrill from her joining in with his lies. ;)

Sansa took a walk on the wild side that night. Wonder if Sandor got a thrill from her joining in with his lies. ;)

You know he did. It was another one of those dates he perceives them to be on but she doesn't realize it, like walking her back from the tourney in the first novel. ;)

I wonder if he sat stewing for her to come say something and finally got really mad because he figured that if had been someone like Loras she would have sought him out sooner?

Its quite possible, since he really does want Sansa's admiration. Yet he knows he scares her, so maybe he figured she was just too afraid and decided to come to her. But the fact he had to initiate everything pissed him off because he wants her to come to him instead. These two are soo complicated. :lol:

Yes, he does! He reminds Sansa of how happy she was to see him during the mob... and then, he's compelled to brag to Arya on how he saved Sansa. It actually kind of bothered me that Sansa didn't thank him sooner. I'd be mad too.

This exactly!

Mrs. Queen of everything proper didn't think to thank him once her composure was regained. I don't blame him for being upset, because i agree if it was Ser Loras she would of been "swooning" over her knight in shining armor.

Archived