DC Area BWB Get Together

angie

Let me say you guys rock! I drove 1 1/2 hours each way and it was worth every minute. Those of you who couldn’t make it missed a real good time. I didn't get home until 3 am, have only 3 ½ hours sleep, so the post might be a little jumbled. :P There is no way in hell I'm going into work today.

In attendance: Kalbear, Skylark, Angie, Angie's hubby, Merentha and me. I was late because I got stuck in traffic. :( We spent the first part of the evening telling great stories and getting to know each other. Angie and Skylark are both so sweet, Kalbear hilarious, and Merentha one of the coolest kids I've met in a long time. A few highlights included the coolest paper cut ever, climbing naked into the kitchen window, fishing vests and furries, "Are you Sir Rots?" at the strain station, how to protect yourself when meeting people from the internet (and stories to tell your parents), "So who was taking pictures then?" and many, many more. I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. The later part of the evening we played pool. I think I earned a new custom title. I should change it to "All eights, baby" :D Pool was a lot of fun. I'm still laughing over the scratch game (no one is immune). "Wanna know the rest, hey buy the rights, how bizarre."

It was easily the best time I have had in a few years (ok, I don't get out much).

I am looking forward to our next meeting and seeing Skylark and hopefully Kalbear in LA.

We had an awesome time too! I really enjoyed meeting everyone (or in Lany's case seeing her again). Kal, Skylark, Jr. and I ended up staying until the place closed which was only about a half an hour or so after Lany & Merentha left.

I was a little annoyed at myself for not being able to pull my pool game together, but it was all good. I even overheard Junior telling someone how nice the Internet People were and how he ended up having a better time than he thought he would. :P

I look forward to doing it again sometime - you guys were great. I think I ended up with too much money from someone, though, so if I was supposed to give you change but didn't let me know and I'll make it right. :)

Heh. I'll say more later about the trip and everything, but it was great meeting y'all and I had a really good time.

Merentha, glad to see you're still around. I didn't expect to hear from you for another two months, and that was assuming that your parents didn't put you in chains instead of outright killing your ass. :)

hehehe - that's what you think. :) Hope you're right though - it'd be a shame to lose you so young. :) And what would your three kids and their three moms do without you? :)

The one pic I took is here. And it's not bad at all, Lany. :)

Ugh - I hate pictures of me. Everyone else looks great, though. :)

And what would your three kids and their three moms do without you? :)

They'd still have the 3 houses. :)

By the way, the awesome place we were talking about - that tea house. Here's the contact info:

Ching Ching Cha

1063 Wisconsin Ave NW

Washington, DC. 20067

202-332-7142

And from the reviews I've seen most folks seem to agree with us - it's a great relaxing place and a cool experience. So go try it!

It does look like a neat place and worth checking out. I have a friend that's really into teas and that would make a great outing sometime. :)

It was really nice meeting all of you! I'll have to make it up that way again sometime. :)

Merentha, good to see that you're still alive between sneaking out to meet weird internet people and what your parents will do if they find out about us.... then again it might be a handy excuse to blame the evil internet for future felony indictments. :P

Lany, you'll love LA. Staying at the hotel means no traffic and no work to worry about the next day! :D

Angie and Junior, it was really nice talking to you both. I'm glad that Jr. didn't mind hanging out with a bunch of internet freaks. ;) I'll have to practice at pool before next time though. I think you and Kal were the only ones not scratching every shot. :P

Bah, I missed my chance to meet Angie's husband?

Just this time - I'm sure he'll be be going again since he had fun. :) We were talking about doing something more towards the Baltimore area, maybe at Timbuktu again. Maybe he'll go along to that too.

Archived