DC Area BWB Get Together

angie

Okay, on the old board we were looking at a possible December 3 meet up to celebrate & discuss AFFC. As of now I'm still good for that day and I believe WGP is as well. :)

Okay, on the old board we were looking at a possible December 3 meet up to celebrate & discuss AFFC. As of now I'm still good for that day and I believe WGP is as well. :)

I think i say this every time a meeting comes up, but i can try and make it. Maybe this time i can...

• 3 weeks later...
I'd like to try to join you. Where is the meet up? I'm north of Fredrick, but hell I drive an hr to work, I can drive that far for fun.

BG's Mongolia Barbeque, in Bethesda, or at least I think that's what it's called. A few blocks southeast of the metro if you want to leave your car at Shady Grove.

I'll check with WGP tomorrow and make sure the 3rd will still work. Does anyone have an opinion on an earlier meet up, say around lunchtime or so? I think my husband would feel better about that than he would an evening one with it getting dark so early & all. He worries. :)

I'll check with WGP tomorrow and make sure the 3rd will still work. Does anyone have an opinion on an earlier meet up, say around lunchtime or so? I think my husband would feel better about that than he would an evening one with it getting dark so early & all. He worries. :)

I think I may be working Saturday, which would make lunch a bit problematic. Lunch on the 4th would be all right.

So, anyone still up for lunch tomorrow? I still don't know if my sister will be coming, but I can still make it if anyone else is interested. :)

I'll show up if other people promise to come, but I've already been the one person there once! :-).

Are we sure that location is open for lunch? What time are we considering lunch?

I've never been there, so I have no idea if it's open for lunch or not. I'd have to leave soon to be able to get there on time, though. Are you close to that area, or was that place suggested as a more neutral "not Virginia" location for other folks?

*sigh* Maybe we'd be better off waiting until after the holidays when everyone is less busy. We are, like, the least organized chapter ever. :P

Sorry - I was in one of the other sections. It's awful, but I don't really know downtown & MD areas that well, so I wouldn't know where else to suggest. I can get myself down to the Mall area & back on Metro, but otherwise I'm quite lost. :blush: My usual lunch/shopping area is Kingstowne, but I know that's probably quite a trek for you.

Sorry - I was in one of the other sections. It's awful, but I don't really know downtown & MD areas that well, so I wouldn't know where else to suggest. I can get myself down to the Mall area & back on Metro, but otherwise I'm quite lost. :blush: My usual lunch/shopping area is Kingstowne, but I know that's probably quite a trek for you.

Let's just stick with meeting at the Bethesda metro at one, then, and we'll work out where we're going from there? If you're still up for it.

Sounds good. I'll leave here in a little while. I don't ride Metro that often, so I'm not sure about timing, etc., but I've looked at the map online and I think I can get there. :)

Note for those who didn't join us yesterday (which is everyone besides me & ambyr) - this was a great restaurant & we had a good time - at least I did. It would be an excellent site for future meet ups. :)

I was a little worried when I got to the Metro stop and saw the 8 story or so escalator, but I found an elevator that went directly to street level, so things worked out okay. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Happy Holidays to you too! I haven't seen bransplushie around since the board change unless maybe he's changed names and WGP hasn't registered here yet, but she's still up for a get-together sometime - maybe after the holidays or something.

I hadn't noticed your title before today, but it made me giggle. :lol:

Archived