DC Area BWB Get Together

angie

Welcome Spyrer! What part of town are you in?

Banipal (and others, of course) - as far as I know at this point either the 22nd or 29th would work for me. I can check with WGP over the weekend, I'm sure at least one of those would be good for her too.

Welcome Spyrer! What part of town are you in?

Banipal (and others, of course) - as far as I know at this point either the 22nd or 29th would work for me. I can check with WGP over the weekend, I'm sure at least one of those would be good for her too.

Currently I live in Germantown, although I am due to be moving very soon - might be Gaithersburg, might be closer to Baltimore.

Either of those is fine with me; the other, earlier weekends are not.

• 2 weeks later...
I think I should be able to manage either date---are we talking afternoon? I think I might the metro. Haven't done that in years.

We hadn't really firmed anything up, but afternoons are better for me. The weekend of the 29th is no longer good for me, but the 21st or 22nd would still work.

And, Jaime, I'm sure we could do something again in May. Whereabouts will you be located?

Edited because I had the wrong dates for that weekend. :blush:

We hadn't really firmed anything up, but afternoons are better for me. The weekend of the 29th is no longer good for me, but the 22nd or 23rd would still work.

And, Jaime, I'm sure we could do something again in May. Whereabouts will you be located?

Probably Alexandria, but haven't ruled out NW. Just glad to see a good number of ASOIAF fans in the DC area. :)

Hey, if it is the 23, I should have my driver's license.

Oops, I meant the 21st or 22nd since the 23rd is on a Monday. Sorry about that.

So, should we say coffee/lunch on one of those afternoons? I'll link my sister to this thread - hopefully she'll be able to join us again this time. :)

I don't know a lot about what places are near metro stops. Do you have any suggestions? I prefer VA, but I'm flexible. I liked that place last time, but I'll probably drive if we do that again. Nothing against metro, I just like having my car. :)

I don't know a lot about what places are near metro stops. Do you have any suggestions? I prefer VA, but I'm flexible. I liked that place last time, but I'll probably drive if we do that again. Nothing against metro, I just like having my car. :)

Actually, how would people feel about bumping it off to the weekend after (the 28th or so, I think)? My cousin's in town the weekend of the 21st, and I bought her Game of Thrones for her birthday -- don't really want to drag her to a spoiler-filled lunch before she's had a chance to read it :-).

My husband and I are going out of town the weekend of the 28th, so the next weekend I'd be able to go would be Feb. 4/5, but I can join in next time if the 28th is what everyone else wants. :)

Aw man, I wanna go. I'm moving back there in May. Can we hold one then?

Don't forget that Memorial Day weekend is when Balticon is held, at the Hunt Valley Inn just NW of Baltimore. (Info at http://www.balticon.org/) This might be a good place to gather BWB folks together from a somewhat larger geographical region.

Archived