[BOOK & TV SPOILERS] How much do you cry when you re-watch GoT?

little_horn

I can't even watch character profiles (watching the Arya one reminded me of Ned and how sweet he was, and how he didn't want to hold her back because she reminds him of Lyanna) without getting teary, and watching one of the last 3 guarantees nonstop waterworks. So... I cry a lot.

I can't imagine how bad it's going to be come the RW.... D';

There was something sad about Catelyn holding Rob and declaring, "When we get your sisters back we will kill them all, every last one of them." Even thinking about it sends shivers up my spine.

It really showed the depth of the love she had for her family.

My wife has never read the books and got quite upset several times. When the watch turned on Ned she swore and stormed out of the room. When Ned got his head cut off she was quite upset. Watching her is as much fun as the show.

Now that I read the books, when I rewatch the show, its knowing whats going to happen in the future that gets me all emotional, Robb/Jon goodbye scene makes me sad. Another goodbye scene is when Ned and Catelyn say goodbye in Kings Landing. Catelyn saying, "I wish I can see the girls." Gets me every time. The look on Ned's face as he watches her ride away on the horse.

Also, I still tear up during Ned's death. The look on Arya's face as Yoren carries her away and Sansa fainting was so sad to watch.

My eyes still get watery when Ned kills Lady. Yes, I'm a big emotional wuss.

I've started both a re-read of the series which I didn't do before ADWD and just started catching the reairings on HBO. The Jon/Robb goodbye scenes in both the book and show just tear me up, especially because it isn't until ADWD that we really start to get into the depth of Jon's grief over everything he's lost and he reflects back on his goodbye to Robb and how he never really thought it would be the last time he saw his brother. But the truth is I think I get emotional at all the big points, Cat not getting to see the girls, Lady dying, Arya running when Serio tells her to when the coup is happening at Kings Landing, everything to do with Ned's death.

There was something sad about Catelyn holding Rob and declaring, "When we get your sisters back we will kill them all, every last one of them." Even thinking about it sends shivers up my spine.

It really showed the depth of the love she had for her family.

My wife has never read the books and got quite upset several times. When the watch turned on Ned she swore and stormed out of the room. When Ned got his head cut off she was quite upset. Watching her is as much fun as the show.

that part always gets me too, Michele Fairley is so good <3

I just finished "Baelor" and Aemons speech to Jon always gets me. Also the death of Ned of course. What interests me for the upcoming seasons is the red wedding..........people went nuts over Ned and with the reaction from people who read the books over the RW i cant imagine what viewers might think.

I just (yesterday) finished a three day marathon watch of the show for the first time. Since I have read the books, the part that got me the worst was definitely the goodbye between Ned and Cat. It was acted with absolute perfection and hit me very hard. Also every time Jon gets that hurt, vulnerable expression on his face I want to cry ...and also, oddly, every time he smiles, because he smiles so seldom.

I've been re-watching the show over the past few days, just finished episode 9 last night. My eyes moistened at Ned's beheading, it was even more painful than watching it the first time.

• 2 months later...

I cried worse the second time I saw Ned beheaded - no non-reader raging brother to distract me. The Ned/Catelyn goodbye really hit me like a brick, too. The scene where Jaime lets in the whores for Tyrion made me sad - knowing where their relationship is headed.

What I kinda missed watching the first time around, but really hit me on the re-watch: Bran reciting the mottos of the great houses and refusing to say the one for his mothers' house (Family, duty, honor) properly because she wasn't there when he woke up and wouldn't be for a while more. Had me close to tears, such a poor lonely little kid he was in that scene.

Ned and Drogo's deaths - but not Robert's. Also agree with the Stark family farewells, especially Ned and Cat. The reaction shots of Sansa and Arya when Ned gets beheaded, and even moments like Ned meeting with Cercei and Littlefinger promising the Gold Cloaks, because I knew where it was leading.

Theon and Robb:

"Am I your brother; now and always."

"Now and always."

dunno why but its only par that gets me little emotional. No crying. Other stuff like deaths of characters I know it's gonna happen so no impact at all.

Archived