Who do you want to win the Iron Throne?

Ser Malthred Storm

Personally, I think it should be Stannis. This quote tells my reasons why: "..he reminded me of my duty, when all I could think of was my rights...I was trying to win the throne to save the kingdom, when I should have been trying to save the kingdom to win the throne." He isn't out for the throne out of ambition, he is doing it for duty. He believes it is his duty to the people and his family to be seated on the Iron Throne. Then when the realm is threatend by Wildings, he is the only of the Five Kings of Westeros who raises his sword to defend the realm.

Well, Robb was in the south and dead, so he isn't counted when considering the wildlings.

It should be Daenerys, really. The Throne has been the Targaryen's for generations, and Robert only sat it through the murder of children (even if he didn't do it himself). Stannis is second.

Well, Robb was in the south and dead, so he isn't counted when considering the wildlings.

It should be Daenerys, really. The Throne has been the Targaryen's for generations, and Robert only sat it through the murder of children (even if he didn't do it himself). Stannis is second.

He won by conquest, a way to legally take a throne. The Targaryen's did the same, no?

E: Also, I think it was the Lannisters who murdered them---to show their loyalty to Robert.

E: Also, I think it was the Lannisters who murdered them---to show their loyalty to Robert.

Well Robert killed Rhaegarn himself no?

As for the question I think my favorite character, Jon should sit at the Iron Throne (I'm sure Stannis will sit on it at some point, the flames showed that if I remember correctly) Tyrion would have been my second choice but unfortunately he went to the dark side so now he is out.

Daenerys too but I suspect that she is not quite right in the head (death of her husband - who she loved as a result of Stockholm Syndrome I guess- and her child and these coming after she has been abused by her brother for years, pretty much ruined her phsyce. I do feel sympathetic towards her but I don't think hers will be a happy kingdom.

He won by conquest, a way to legally take a throne. The Targaryen's did the same, no?

That's true, but the war wasn't actually for the throne. Robert was pissed because of

1. Lyanna being stolen by Rhaegar (as he saw it, anyway)

2. The Mad King and his transgressions against the Stark family, with whom Robert was close

So it was more of a war to displace Aerys and rescue Lyanna, than a war to conquer the Throne. The Lannisters brutally murdered Rhaegar's heirs, and Aerys' direct heirs had to flee. By rights, it belongs to Dany.

Well....if some theories are true...then it should belong to Jon...and as it said the Targeryans use to marry each others to keep the dragins blood, it might be that Jon and Dany become kind and queen of the 7 kingdoms, right?

Jon Snow? Unless I missed something, Jon does not have Targaryen blood, unless that was a spoiler.

E: It doesn't matter why Robert Rebelled, the Iron Throne obviously was part of their plan, seeing that Eddard ran to the throne room to secure it for Robert.

Jon Snow? Unless I missed something, Jon does not have Targaryen blood, unless that was a spoiler.

E: It doesn't matter why Robert Rebelled, the Iron Throne obviously was part of their plan, seeing that Eddard ran to the throne room to secure it for Robert.

Well....some theories say that Jon might be the son of Lyana Stark and Rahegar Targeryan....but is not a spoiler, just a theory....but the truth is that are many hints to believe so and also i think it fits very well GRRM style...but who know...

Honestly, the only 2 who have legitimate claims are Dany and Stannis although the series is called "A Song of Ice and Fire" and Stannis hangs out with Melisandre (clearly fire) and Dany is a dragon (also fire). No other family has a strong case for the Iron Throne and some don't seem all that interested in actually capturing it. Personally, I'm rooting for Dany.

Honestly, the only 2 who have legitimate claims are Dany and Stannis although the series is called "A Song of Ice and Fire" and Stannis hangs out with Melisandre (clearly fire) and Dany is a dragon (also fire). No other family has a strong case for the Iron Throne and some don't seem all that interested in actually capturing it. Personally, I'm rooting for Dany.

-----

Stannis has no real right to the throne. He's family of Robert, sure. But is he a descendant of Robert ? Nope.

No idea how heritage laws are in Westeros, or in countries in the real world. But normally uncles and brothers and nephews are potential successors to a throne, because they had a father or grandfather that was king. But what happens if your brother was the first king ? Do those rules still apply ?

Jon has no right to any throne. He's a bastard. Yes, maybe he has Targaryen blood. But that's not enough. If blood is enough, then there are 17 bastards of Robert that have equal rights to the throne.

In real-life I am strongly against any monarchy and any form of nobility. ASOIAF has re-inforced my believes. Everyone that is high-born turns out to be a jerk. I don't think it's a coincedence that the most sympathetic characters in ASIOF are the people who do not have a noble background, or who were thrown out of the higher circles. Outcasts and bastards.

So imho it would be best if Westeros ended up without a king. Give it a goverment, chosen by the people. :)

Tough qeustion, I would say Stannis since he is the rightful heir, but then again the prophecy directed to him is clearly wrong (It has been proven wrong by Master Aemon in Feast for Crows)

So Danny is the real heir, but her dad was a lunatic, but if you read Jaime´s POV it seems that Aerys was not that bad of a king, then he had a fit.

Then there is Jon Snow, as the name of the series implies - A Song of Ice and Fire - it seems most obvious (or likely) that house Stark and Targaryen will be the major houses in the end of it all.

Maybe Sansa will take back Winterfell, Arya I jus't don't know, maybe she will go back to Westeros and her family, and she will probably help them out a lot, since I don't see her going the Blackfyre way (killing your own family members).

It is a complicated scenario we got, but most likely it will be a Stark or Targaryen ruling the entire kingdom, or it will be split into 7 again.

There is also Dorne - where we see Doran Martell say he wants to bring back Vengeance.

So the end of A Feast for Crows - made us go into a clusterf*ck of indecision on who should sit on the throne.

I would like Stannis to win the Iron Throne. He is Roberts brother, and the one who Eddard Stark wanted to appoint as king. Robert won his throne, in a war, which was quite common in Middle Ages, as he had no legal heirs (bastards not included) throne goes to his brother.

He should be a king of Kings Landing, Crownlands, Dragonstone and Stormlands. He would rule there, but The Reach, Dorne, Westerlands, Riverlands, Iron Isles and The North should be independent kingdoms, ruled by their own kings (or princes).

Stannis has no real right to the throne. He's family of Robert, sure. But is he a descendant of Robert ? Nope.

No idea how heritage laws are in Westeros, or in countries in the real world. But normally uncles and brothers and nephews are potential successors to a throne, because they had a father or grandfather that was king. But what happens if your brother was the first king ? Do those rules still apply ?

Jon has no right to any throne. He's a bastard. Yes, maybe he has Targaryen blood. But that's not enough. If blood is enough, then there are 17 bastards of Robert that have equal rights to the throne.

In real-life I am strongly against any monarchy and any form of nobility. ASOIAF has re-inforced my believes. Everyone that is high-born turns out to be a jerk. I don't think it's a coincedence that the most sympathetic characters in ASIOF are the people who do not have a noble background, or who were thrown out of the higher circles. Outcasts and bastards.

So imho it would be best if Westeros ended up without a king. Give it a goverment, chosen by the people. :)

Stannis has a good claim to the throne. Robert has no real children as Joff, Tommen, and Marcella are all Jamie's bastards, so since stannis is eldest brother legally the throne is his by rights.

I want Dany to be the first Queen on the Iron Throne. But, if she doesn't, I'd be happy for Stannis to be King.

The Targaryens conquered and united the seven kingdoms. Robert usurped the throne.

Archived