Who do you want to win the Iron Throne?

Ser Malthred Storm

And Robert conquered the Targaryens.

Robert conquered ?

Jaime killed King Aerys. Without a king, the old kingdom is in pure chaos very quickly.

Maester Pycelle opened the gates to King's Landing. That didn't help the old kingdom.

Ned Stark and the North played a huge role in the war. And Tywin Lannister and his gold and armies. I bet the armies from the North and from Casterling Rock were a lot bigger than Robert's Army.

All Robert did, was kill Rhaegar. And from what I've read, Rhaegar was actually a nice bloke.

Usurper. The more books I read, the more I believe that that title is actually pretty accurate. If these books were about the good and evil, I wouldn't be able to tell who is good and who is evil. They all seem bastards to me.

Robert conquered ?

Jaime killed King Aerys. Without a king, the old kingdom is in pure chaos very quickly.

Maester Pycelle opened the gates to King's Landing. That didn't help the old kingdom.

Ned Stark and the North played a huge role in the war. And Tywin Lannister and his gold and armies. I bet the armies from the North and from Casterling Rock were a lot bigger than Robert's Army.

All Robert did, was kill Rhaegar. And from what I've read, Rhaegar was actually a nice bloke.

Usurper. The more books I read, the more I believe that that title is actually pretty accurate. If these books were about the good and evil, I wouldn't be able to tell who is good and who is evil. They all seem bastards to me.

The Targaeyens themselves didn't have that great of a force, by themselves, either. That is where banner-men come in. In feudalism the king grants fiefs, or grants of land, to his lords, in exchange for military service. The lord then grants fiefs to other lesser lords. This goes down the line until an army is formed, so the King doesn't necessarily have a large army he owns himself, but has lords that support him. When Robert rebelled people saw him as their king, and gave him their military support.

con·quer/ˈkäNGkər/

Verb:

• Overcome and take control of (a place or people) by use of military force.
  • Successfully overcome (a problem or weakness).

Synonyms:

overcome - vanquish - win - beat - overpower - defeat

• 3 weeks later...

I really wanted Robb to be king. My next is Jon Snow, but really the first two choices for me I really waned to just sit the Northern Throne, the Iron Throne can go to who ever wants it. Jaime getting it would be neat and surprising. REALLY surprising. Meh, Tyrion too, that would be cool. The Imp King. :bowdown:

I really wanted Robb to be king. My next is Jon Snow, but really the first two choices for me I really waned to just sit the Northern Throne, the Iron Throne can go to who ever wants it. Jaime getting it would be neat and surprising. REALLY surprising. Meh, Tyrion too, that would be cool. The Imp King. :bowdown:

If you have finished AFfC, then you might want to look into this thread

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/46501-jeyne-westerlings-baby/page__st__40

It would be nice for Stannis to sit on the throne as it seems he is the only pretender to actually defend the realm.

But isn't it said somewhere that if Stannis sat on the iron throne the realm would blead.

.......so maybe not so good unless he becomes more merciful

It would be nice for Stannis to sit on the throne as it seems he is the only pretender to actually defend the realm.

But isn't it said somewhere that if Stannis sat on the iron throne the realm would blead.

.......so maybe not so good unless he becomes more merciful

That is what Littlefinger claimed. Despite his reptuation for being without mercy, Stannis does not necessarily seem more inclined to harsh punishments, retribution against enemies, or paranoia than the other contendors. Daenerys actually seems to be well on the way to becoming on par with him in this area from how she handled the conquests in ASOS. The Lannisters are much worse than either. The realm would probably bleed if Stannis took power but not as badly as most of his foes would have it bleed.

I think a more likely end for Daenerys, is she becoming queen of the lands beyond the sea (Pentos, Astapor, Meereen....), and one I hope she fulfills.Honestly, I don't see G.R.R.M having her conquer Westeros, it is far to obvious.

ADwDSpoilers

I think Rickon will come back in TWoW, as the new Lord of Winterfell, to reunite the North in Stannis' name, assuming the rumors I keep hearing of his death are false. This could possibly lead to Stannis' victory.

Personally i would like the Iron Throne to fall....Each of "Major Contender Characters" i have found at some point in the series saying to myself that i would like them to rule and then changed my mind.....so ideally for myself I would like them all to rule their separate kingdoms......

This also leaves lost of opportunity to continue on with the series using each kingdoms greed of power and all these character strengths and weaknesses to try and overtake the other....

Also on a side note at this point Cersei should rule a little longer.....not having anything to do with thinking she is a great leader...but the the exact opposite...reading her chapters with all her blunders and wickedness is probably the most entertaining for me

I really want Stannis to rule and he is stern, fair and just. He doesn't want to keep messing around with his subjects- he wants a straightforward system that would work in westerosi feudal system. he would recognise the need to rebolster the Black Watch to a truly mighty force defending the realm of men. He also seems to have the most cunning Hand in Davos who only Little finger compares to him in understanding situations, understanding people and dealing with the problem. The only issue would be the influence of Missendei and the conflict of religons which would break out.

Cmon Stannis take out those dragons with ur burning fires and claim what is rightfully yours-THE IRON THRONE!!!

The Iron Throne was established by conquest and Robert gained it by conquest. So it doesn't matter who has a birthright to it, just the power to take and hold it.

Just remember, "winter is coming", bringing the Others, plus the countryside has been ravaged by war meaning that there will be severe shortages of food. Whoever gets the Throne will be severely tested. I'd hate to see a militarily gifted king who is otherwide a bumbler (like Robert) take over. I think Jon's experience on the Wall would serve him well on that basis.

But watch; GRRM will probably give us Littlefinger. He seems to enjoy giving fingers.

Honestly i like the idea of Dany on the throne for the whole "woo, feminism" vibe i mean she's like a Elizabeth/Hatshput archetype like a woman taking on a males role thing.

Jon MIGHT have a claim to the throne but honestly that's just too cliched. sorry. I meani gave up my dream of Gendry getting the throne and marrying his own lil'Lyanna lmao

Stannis might be a good king but he'd need to tone it down a bit.

Bran would be an awesome king though i mean the idea of a cripple king just sounds nice.

Honestly i like the idea of Dany on the throne for the whole "woo, feminism" vibe i mean she's like a Elizabeth/Hatshput archetype like a woman taking on a males role thing.

Jon MIGHT have a claim to the throne but honestly that's just too cliched. sorry. I meani gave up my dream of Gendry getting the throne and marrying his own lil'Lyanna lmao

Stannis might be a good king but he'd need to tone it down a bit.

Bran would be an awesome king though i mean the idea of a cripple king just sounds nice.

I really dislike the idea of Dany getting the throne. She is going to be Azor Azhai reborn and ruler of Westeros? Then what is the point of everybody else? Why not just have a one-person perspective and have her do everything like a generic fantasy? G.R.R.M won't have Dany win the throne, it is far to happy of an outcome (Because most people appear to want Dany to rule).

E: Jon Snow will never rule the Seven Kingdoms. This is shown in ASoS when he declined Winterfell, due to his honor as a Stark. Even if he finds out that he is not a bastard of Eddard Stark (allegedly), so what? should finding out his real parents affect his personality? Anyway Lyanna was a Stark as well, so he would still have his devout sense of honor. Jon Snow will stay in the Night's Watch.

Who do I want to win the Iron Throne?

There are two people I will prefer to sit the throne. Petyr Baelish or Jamie Lannister. Petyr has put so much time and effort into making him get into prime position. I want Stannis to claim the throne so Jamie can reclaim his Kingslaying title by Stabbing Stannis.

In all honesty I believe GRRM will put somebody on the throne that nobody will see coming.

Who do I want to win the Iron Throne?

There are two people I will prefer to sit the throne. Petyr Baelish or Jamie Lannister. Petyr has put so much time and effort into making him get into prime position. I want Stannis to claim the throne so Jamie can reclaim his Kingslaying title by Stabbing Stannis.

In all honesty I believe GRRM will put somebody on the throne that nobody will see coming.

I don't see Jaime claiming the throne. He went through a change, and seems to be a more honorable character. The only thing I see is Jaime dying defending someone he wants on the Iron Throne, but never taking it for himself.

Archived