Who do you want to win the Iron Throne?

Ser Malthred Storm

You idiots have forgotten about Hot Pie haven't you, obviously he will come back, he will kick everyone in the balls, and keep on kicking them, until they are DEAD

Then he will sit on the Iron Throne and it will cave in under his weight and none of this will bloody matter

• 2 weeks later...

I want king Stannis on Iron Throne, but in his current situation...

I don't like khaleesi, but she is young and stupid NOW, maybe she can change herself...

But I'll prefer king Stannis.

Personally, I think it should be Stannis. This quote tells my reasons why: "..he reminded me of my duty, when all I could think of was my rights...I was trying to win the throne to save the kingdom, when I should have been trying to save the kingdom to win the throne." He isn't out for the throne out of ambition, he is doing it for duty. He believes it is his duty to the people and his family to be seated on the Iron Throne. Then when the realm is threatend by Wildings, he is the only of the Five Kings of Westeros who raises his sword to defend the realm.

Stannis without his red priest would be much more agreeable. I don't trust her one bit and find the amount of influence she has over him troubling.

The only person I would like to see on the Iron Throne is Tyrion. I think he would be a great king. But, I would like Sansa to be his queen, because she is just trained for that, and it would be stupid for her not to become 'the first lady' in some kind of a way..

You just want to see her lose her maidenhead to a dwarf. And for that matter, so do I. The only thing that would be better is a little Reek action.

I honestly don't care who sits the iron throne. I believe that this book series aspires to be epic, and the struggles of and for the iron throne are fairly petty. I believe that the coming conflicts will have more at stake than who rules in King's Landing. Does anyone think that the way things stand right now the iron throne is in any position to even deal with the riverlands? Catelyn's band is hanging em high, Nymeria is eating what she and her cousins can catch, and the blackfish has escaped. And Jaime is disappeared. The amount of devastation visited upon the area during the war has made the people there question what the king's peace really means. Would this change with Stannis in power? Not likely. He doesn't have even half of what Jon Connington has in strength of numbers. And he is hard pressed for the north. King's Landing is about the last item on his list. And years later, after his victory, does he change what happens in King's Landing? Doubtful. The pieces get reshuffled is all. Does it change with Dany there? Of course not. She and her crew can't even handle Slaver's Bay.

And just as an aside, Robert and Ned had no choice but to fight. Aerys wanted their heads. And for all those who think Robert was a bad king, he wasn't. He kept things going for 16 years. Apparently that's no mean feat if the tales be believed!

I think rather than just having one person controlling the whole Seven Kingdoms, it will probably be split up against, or more likely the north just becoming independent again. Stannis will fail, Tyrion will be the next Tywin and have Casterly Rock and be a hand (even though he'd be the best King). Rickon will probably be the King in the North, whilst Bran's rots away into a weirwood north of the Wall protecting the realm from any of the Others coming back again (or helping them as some suggest).

I'm surprised so many people favor a ruler who sacrifices people on the altar of flames to satisfy his God.

The chap I believe who will take the throne by the end of the series is Hodor. And here is the evidence:

Hodor! Hodor! Hodor!

All you need is for him to be asked by any or all characters, "Who do you think should be king?" "Hodor!" he will say

:bowdown: Hail to the Hodor! :bowdown:

I think about the name of the series "A Song of Ice and Fire" and it makes me think of Jon Snow (Ice) and Danaerys (Fire). Just a little epiphany I woke up with yesterday. This series consumes my thoughts! You can't just read it, you have to dive in and breathe it!

I think about the name of the series "A Song of Ice and Fire" and it makes me think of Jon Snow (Ice) and Danaerys (Fire). Just a little epiphany I woke up with yesterday. This series consumes my thoughts! You can't just read it, you have to dive in and breathe it!

Nah, I think Jon's going to keep his vow as a man of the Night's Watch and Danaerys will never cross the Narrow Sea (because it would be bad for Westeros if she does).

I'm surprised so many people favor a ruler who sacrifices people on the altar of flames to satisfy his God.

The chap I believe who will take the throne by the end of the series is Hodor. And here is the evidence:

All you need is for him to be asked by any or all characters, "Who do you think should be king?" "Hodor!" he will say

:bowdown: Hail to the Hodor! :bowdown:

Nice logic you got there. It made me laugh. :lol:

It's Stannis for me, but with Davos by his side not Melisandre. Bugger the Lord of Light, tho that God has shown power (the Shadows and resurrection of Beric Dondarrion and a certain Lady) I don't know what it is but I have an eerie feeling about Melisandre, urging Stannis to burn anyone with King's blood to the damned Lord of Light who knows if that could really wake the dragons in Dragonstone plus her proclaiming Stannis is Azor Ahai reborn is totally wrong. I've become sick of the players in the game of thrones, so much war, death and waste when they all know that Winter is Coming and long one too. Which is why I was pleased with Stannis aiding the Night's Watch, he did his duty when all others ignored it. Restoring the abandoned castles on the Wall and the idea of making a deal with the wildlings, letting them pass through the wall to settle in The Gift (Though I don't expect them to stay there, they are 'free' folk after all) and he recognized that warring with the wildlings is all for naught for the true enemy is beyond the wall, maybe the wildlings can even aid the Night's Watch in defending the wall, they do share the same enemy tho the idea of wildlings and crows fighting side by side is a pipe dream. I had this exact same idea before I even read that part. The seven kingdoms need a just and dutiful king, which is the very description of Stannis 'so far' but I don't think he'll change even for Melisandre and that's why Davos is here, as said in the book he's like iron he'll break before he'll bend.

Dolorous Edd obviously, he sees the world as it is.

No without joking, I think it should be Stannis because he did his duty when the whole realm was just looking at each other. Instead he decided to help the Night's Watch. Davos would be a great Hand too, he really deserved it.

Pfeewww I finally read all of the topic ;) (which was less long then most of the threads here!)

I think there will be a time during which Daenerys will sit the Iron Throne because the people of Westeros will bend the knee when she will come with her dragons, see the last sentence of the Dany chapter in AGOT "and when they saw her dragons, she knew they were hers as they'd never been Drogo's", the people will be impressed and will join their banners to hers. But that will only be for a while. As many have stated here, I don't think the Seven Kingdoms will remain a unique kingdom. I also don't think Dany will want to stay in Westeros, simply because her brother had described it to her as the most beautiful place in the world, which it is not. I think she will be "disappointed" and that she will also understand the need of the Watch to defend all of the relm against a different threat.

As for Stannis, he would be my favourite king pretender if he didn't follow the Red God's faith and wasn't so tied up with Melisandre (but I think his union with her will break sooner or later).

As for Jon,

I think the events in ADWD have changed things for me.

But I still don't see Jon standing on the "Iron Throne", if anything, he will let Rickon become the King in the North and Jon will stay as his Hand or as the commander of his Guard along with Arya.

About Bran, I see him staying and dying where he is now. The three eyed crow saved himfrom a certain death because Bran had a destiny to fullfil before dying (see AGOT), this is precisely when Bran took a look in the deep area beyond the wall and started crying. When he woke up, he named his wolf "Summer". I think Bran is the one who will bring summer back on the world, but that he will indeed be the guardian of the world until the end.

I personally see Jaime and Cersei dying together, as they came in the world together, while Tyrion will rule in Casterly Rock.

About Sansa, I see her running the Erye rather than any other place, she needs a quiet place. But I wonder if she won't want to return to Winterfell as well.

Here's my 2 cents ;)

please delete the part from ADWD! look which forum you are..

Awww edited but I was not spoiling you know ;) however, edited and then don't read the beginning of this thread as I've seen other mentions to a change of mind after ADWD or mentions of other characters :)

Yes, I'd like Jon snow as well, however Jon is extremely committed to the NW he says at least once a chapter; "I took a vow, I said the words" so that's off the table

Dany: has as much a chance of holding a kingdom an cersei does, grrm ( wether its accidental or not) has made women pathetic rulers. Both moving from one folly to the next.

Stannis; only one actively working towards the real goal, killing others and preventing "the long night" well Mel is really doing it, Stannis is just her creature

So I say either Stannis, or grrm will introduce another candidate my guess would be another targ heir. Difficult to see foolish dany being the only one

Archived