Is Tyrion really the Valonquar?

No True Lady

I think it's Jaime. I hope it's Tyrion, but that just seems to obvious for GRRM. That can't come soon enough though because I just finished AFFC and Cersei's thought process and actions in that book are absolutely INFURIATING and ANNOYING. She needs to get over herself.

I know what you mean, I really got infuriated mostly with the fact she keeps calling herself "Queen" when really, she hasn't been Queen since Robert died.

I also feel really really uncomfortable reading her chapters (especially the part with the singer's interrogation *Shudders*).

I'm not sure who it could be, maybe something completely left field, Tommen maybe? It seems too obvious to be Tyrion, especially as Cersei's always disliked Tyrion, and became more of a paranoid so & so since the Purple Wedding. We'll just have to wait for George to reveal it to us in the books.

I'm not sure who her valonquar will be. Cersei is the elder twin, and her and Jaime have become so distanced, and Jaime is starting to hate her, with his "and Moon Boy for all I know" stuff going on. Tyrion seems more likely, as he truly despises her and actually wishes to rape and kill her, which I find disturbing. Tyrian is in Essos though, it's unlikely he will kill her. Hmmmm.

No. I think it's Jaime. The definition of the Valonquar is "little brother". And though Cersei and Jaime are twins, she came out before he did, and that makes him her little brother in age if not in stature . Cersei is an idiot.

• 3 weeks later...

The signs all point to Jamie. He is technically younger, if only by a few minutes. Also, I predict that Cersei has been misinterpreting the prophecy all along. The valonquar is Jamie, not Tyrion. And the "little queen" is Dany, not Margaery.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What about King Tommen? When he finds out that Cersei was trying to set up Margery... It's just a thought.

I agree that Jamie or Tyrion are the obvious conclusions. I also thought about Jon being the little brother and Sansa being the younger, more beautiful queen even though I'm set on it being Dany.

Just finished AFFC and wanted to add my voice tot he chorus of people in here expressing theories that Jaime is indeed the "little brother" Maggy the Frog referred to. I think it would be fun for me as a reader to see him turn on her in such a way because I feel she really deserves it. However, I genuinely like Jaime as a character now and would really hate to see him kill her for his sake. I think he'd hate himself even more for it and he already struggles so much with the "Kingslayer" monicker that I don't think he could handle also being a "kinslayer" as well.

Archived