The Official Appreciation Thread for Sansa, Queen in the North v. 3

mor2

Sansa marrying SweetRobin would give her considerable power over the Vale, since I doubt that he would live to a ripe old age; but is he salvageable as a person; or would Sansa end up with Joffrey Lite? And could he give her healthy offspring, considering that little Robert is Sansa's first cousin and very physically frail?

How on Earth could that relationship work? Sansa isn't even lactating yet! :leaving:

Actually, I support Rickon becoming a savage cannibal in the wilds of Skagos. But not as Lord of Winterfell.

I wonder if Rickon will even survive.

The problem is that Rickon barely exists as a character. I would be sad to see her go toe-to-toe with Arya or Bran, both of whom I like. But we've never seen Rickon interact with Sansa and Rickon barely exists as a character. In fact, his sole purpose appears to be "future Lord of Winterfell" ahead of all the characters that we've become invested in. I don't like Jon, but I'd way rather see him as Lord of Winterfell than I would Rickon, simply because then I could get mad. Rickon... blah.

If he ends up being a plot device for his siblings characterization, when they cut him out of the succession, or something like that, this I can totally get behind. But as it is, I see no reason to support Rickon for Lord of Winterfell at all -- especially given that it looks like he'll just end up as Manderly's pawn.

Actually, I support Rickon becoming a savage cannibal in the wilds of Skagos. But not as Lord of Winterfell.

He'll only be a pawn until Sansa or Jon showes up, Sansa could take over teach him and when he comes of age take hold of the Vale, or she could concurrently hold Vale and Regency of Winterfell and there is still a chance or two that more Starks die :(

I never attached to Rickon beyond "shit the poor kid has no one" because GRRM I don't think wants to get attached to him, but there is enough stuff to say he just may be the BAMF that the Starks need.

Words cannot express how disappointed I am that I missed the great "genital" typo discussion. Great stuff.

I wouldn't mind Sansa ending up in Highgarden. I tend to believe the plot to poison Joffrey was done solely among the women of the Tyrell family and that the men were left out of it. And as for having the in-laws from hell, well, (1) no one could be worse than Cersei, (2) Margaery will be married and living with her husband, so it's not like Sansa would have to see her a great deal, and (3) Olenna is old and will be dead soon.

Highgarden just really seems like a place where Sansa could be happy. I'd still prefer her to be Queen In the North, but if Highgarden is what she chooses, I'd be perfectly okay with it.

Words cannot express how disappointed I am that I missed the great "genital" typo discussion. Great stuff.

I wouldn't mind Sansa ending up in Highgarden. I tend to believe the plot to poison Joffrey was done solely among the women of the Tyrell family and that the men were left out of it. And as for having the in-laws from hell, well, (1) no one could be worse than Cersei, (2) Margaery will be married and living with her husband, so it's not like Sansa would have to see her a great deal, and (3) Olenna is old and will be dead soon.

Highgarden just really seems like a place where Sansa could be happy. I'd still prefer her to be Queen In the North, but if Highgarden is what she chooses, I'd be perfectly okay with it.

As it stands I don't see how she could end up at Highgarden. She seems to be slowly working her way north, and ending up at Highgarden of all places would be reversing a lot of progress her character made.

Although I admit stranger things have happened. Arya setting off from Harrenhal and ending up in Braavos instead of Riverrun was less then expected to say the least.

At any rate, it'll be interesting to see what route her character will take. She is a skinchanger like the rest of her siblings, but without Lady being alive she's had less practice then even Jon Snow. Still, she might end up discovering her ability some other way.

As for where she'll end up, I think she'll end up in a fairly respectable position when it's all said and done. Queen in the North is unlikely, as Bran is the actual heir, and even if he opts out in order to fully pursue...godhood, that still leaves little Rickon as the heir to Winterfell. An ideal ending for in my opinion for her would be to eschew a political marriage entirely and marry some handsome knight/squire (who legitimately cares for her) instead. Of course GRRM does not have a track record for giving characters ideal endings...

I actually like the Tyrells, but I don't think Sansa should marry into them. If she ends up wanting to for whatever reason and she's happy, fine. But I'm not advocating it, and it's definitely near the bottom of my list on "favorite endgame possibilities."

I think that it's been hinted at various times, and that Sansa would make a great queen. She reminds me of Good Queen Alysanne.

So, yes. Queen in South or in North, or of All Westeros, I vote Sansa Stark.

Disclaimer: Unless she doesn't want it, but I think she could and would.

I actually like the Tyrells, but I don't think Sansa should marry into them. If she ends up wanting to for whatever reason and she's happy, fine. But I'm not advocating it, and it's definitely near the bottom of my list on "favorite endgame possibilities."

I think that it's been hinted at various times, and that Sansa would make a great queen. She reminds me of Good Queen Alysanne.

So, yes. Queen in South or in North, or of All Westeros, I vote Sansa Stark.

Disclaimer: Unless she doesn't want it, but I think she could and would.

She could, she would more as a sense of duty instilled in her from home she be a good queen albeit not fully happy maybe.

Then we all must bow to you know the great one of the book-- Sansa could have it all but I don't think GRRM would be that generous or cruel depending on which end we are looking from.

My point was, the more I see people say, "LOL SANSA CAN'T BE QUEEN WUT ABOUT BRAN AND RICKON U KNO THE ONE ATTACHED TO A TREE AND THE ONE HOO HAZ SAID ALL OF FIVE WORDZ IN THE SERIES" the more I want her to fuckin' be Queen JUST TO SPITE THEM.

I'm a contrarian by nature.

Also, I may have overstated the spelling/grammar/syntax errors of those fools who do not see what a flawless and perfect Queen Sansa would be.

It would not give the readers much of a dramatic payoff to have Rickon returned to the North as Lord Stark, the Stark in Winterfell; we just don't have that much invested in him; not nearly as much as we do in Jon, Bran, Sansa and Arya. Perhaps Osha will convince Davos that Rickon is too ferocious to become a little lord; and is happy on Skagos, raised as a Wildling.

My point was, the more I see people say, "LOL SANSA CAN'T BE QUEEN WUT ABOUT BRAN AND RICKON U KNO THE ONE ATTACHED TO A TREE AND THE ONE HOO HAZ SAID ALL OF FIVE WORDZ IN THE SERIES" the more I want her to fuckin' be Queen JUST TO SPITE THEM.

I'm a contrarian by nature.

Also, I may have overstated the spelling/grammar/syntax errors of those fools who do not see what a flawless and perfect Queen Sansa would be.

Calm down now, not all of them are saying she can't be queen, just some Westerosi protocols have to happen first like Jon, Bran, Rickon must die and if Jeyne is the JEYNE she must be without child, I don't think anyone here really wants the Stark males to die more like a change in how succession happens.

And I think if Sansa was PERFECT and FLAWLESS we be on the other side saying she is BORING, we are rooting for one of the best characters in the book and others are rooting for others and there are many who agree Rickon would not be a good choice.

Sansa all the way except Dragon wargging and the one that I don't think will happen; with Sandor ever after.

I don't think GRRM will give everything we would want.

Now if he just give out a Sansa preview we could debate her next move.

It would not give the readers much of a dramatic payoff to have Rickon returned to the North as Lord Stark, the Stark in Winterfell; we just don't have that much invested in him; not nearly as much as we do in Jon, Bran, Sansa and Arya. Perhaps Osha will convince Davos that Rickon is too ferocious to become a little lord; and is happy on Skagos, raised as a Wildling.

He was really impressed with Nataleia Tenna in the HBO sereis and I think he mentioned beefing up her role in the book, if she was taller and a little more bulk I think she make a great Brienne.

I don't think Davos would need much convincing once he sees Rickon but Osha won't bring him up as a total Wildling either she'll be the calming factor and try to bring him up close to what Ned and would want and if by chance his Grandmother is on that Island she do the same he would be a BAMF not as learned as his other siblings so Sansa would be regent for a while.

I like to see the reaction and interaction between Sansa and Osha because both of them love Rickon, both would have a different view for him.

Archived