NBA 2011-2012 Season

The Imp's Advocate

Wow...just saw Charlotte has lost 17 in a row. If they lose out for the rest of the season ( a distinct possibility) they will set the record for lowest winning percentage ever. They do have a game against Washington, so there is a chance, but ever other team is in the playoff race for position (except Chicago) so it looks like there may be a new record for futility!

Dwight - please make up your mind:

http://www.cbssports...-stan-van-gundy

We'll gladly take him and Deron Williams on the Mavericks next season.

Speaking of the Mavericks... The Houston loss to New Orleans tonight put us in the playoffs. I don't think we'll even get out of the first round, but at least we will not be the first team since a Jorden free Bulls team to miss the playoffs after winning a championship the season before.

Houston's really losing it lately, they looked good for a play-off sport three weeks ago, Dragic has been awesome.

Now Phoenix or Utah look more likely to grab that final spot.

Now that any of them would make it through a first round against Oklahoma or San Antonio.

Houston's really losing it lately, they looked good for a play-off sport three weeks ago, Dragic has been awesome.

*quietly weeps* :crying:

For some strange reason, we've been completely unable to play well in the 3rd quarter. In this 6 game losing streak, we've been outscored 171-119 in third quarters. It's been terrible - the worst the Rockets have played all year. The offense has stopped functioning so well (everyone seems to have gone ice-cold at exactly the same time), and the defense is variable at best. This is the biggest losing streak we've had all year, and it had to be at the most important time. I guess we're going to be the #14 for the 3rd straight year (or even #13, the way things are going). On the plus side, we get to keep our draft pick, but it's a pretty mediocre consolation prize, IMO. I was psyched after that 4 game win streak, now I'm just deflated.

ST

*quietly weeps* :crying:

For some strange reason, we've been completely unable to play well in the 3rd quarter. In this 6 game losing streak, we've been outscored 171-119 in third quarters. It's been terrible - the worst the Rockets have played all year. The offense has stopped functioning so well (everyone seems to have gone ice-cold at exactly the same time), and the defense is variable at best. This is the biggest losing streak we've had all year, and it had to be at the most important time. I guess we're going to be the #14 for the 3rd straight year (or even #13, the way things are going). On the plus side, we get to keep our draft pick, but it's a pretty mediocre consolation prize, IMO. I was psyched after that 4 game win streak, now I'm just deflated.

ST

Went from as high as the sixth seed ( I think ) to the lottery once again in a week and a half. I'm more interested to see what they do in te offseason at this point Going to have a ton of money to play with, but most of the more promising free agents are restricted. Also, im curious to see what happens with Goran Dragic, who has been excellent as a starter. Averaged 18.8ppg 8.4 assists and 3.5 boards over the last 23 games as a starter, not to mention shooting 50% from the field and 40% from 3. He's also been the rockets best clutch player, shooting over 60% in these situations.He's going to get paid in the offseason and it would be a shame if the rockets lost him. I'd almost be happier to trade Lowry ( seeing as he's probably their highest valued player ) and get something in return. But hes proven he can play at an extremely high level as well.

Went from as high as the sixth seed ( I think ) to the lottery once again in a week and a half. I'm more interested to see what they do in te offseason at this point Going to have a ton of money to play with, but most of the more promising free agents are restricted. Also, im curious to see what happens with Goran Dragic, who has been excellent as a starter. Averaged 18.8 8.4 assists and 3.5 boards over the last 23 games as a starter, not to mention shooting 50% from the field and 40% from 3. He's also been the rockets best clutch player, shooting over 60% in these situations.He's going to get paid in the offseason and it would be a shame if the rockets lost him. I'd almost be happier to trade Lowry ( seeing as he's probably their highest valued player ) and get something in return. But hes proven he can play at an extremely high level as well.

I could see Morey operating under that logic - better to get something for an asset than to let one for free. But a lot of it depends on how much Dragic attracts on the open market. There is a glut of point guards in the league, which depresses demand somewhat...but on the other hand, that means that the teams without an adequate PG are going to be all the more desperate (I'm looking at you Portland). There's also the hope that the more restrictive salary cap forces teams to be a bit more sensible when throwing their money around, but it only takes one who thinks he's worth it. And history shows there's almost always a team willing to overpay...

ST

I'm sort of hoping that the Knicks don't make the playoffs so that they can rest, recover, and have a longer time to train before coming back next season. Assuming the Knicks hold onto their current players, something interesting's going to happen. Like Jeremy Lin going left.

Since the Bucks lost on thursday, the Knicks are in the playoffs. I'm not sure if they or the 76ers will finish eighth, but Philadelphia has clearly been worse in the last ten games.

Now that any of them would make it through a first round against Oklahoma or San Antonio.

Remaining games for the relevant teams:

Denver (34 wins): @ Phoenix, Orlando, @ Oklahoma City, @ Minnesota

Phoenix (33 wins): Denver, @ Utah, San Antonio

Utah (33 wins): Orlando, Phoenix, Portland

Houston (32 wins): Golden State, @ Miami, New Orleans

I agree that the playoffs is a longshot for Houston at this point.

I am absolutely positive that Dwight Howard would be a great addition to the Mavericks. I think that there would be a world of difference putting him with other elite NBA players and nearly perfect coaching. I am also willing to give him the benefit of believing him when he says that surgery is necessary right now. I just can't see a player of his caliber willingly sitting out for a playoff run for any other reason other than injury.

I am absolutely positive that Dwight Howard would be a great addition to the Mavericks. I think that there would be a world of difference putting him with other elite NBA players and nearly perfect coaching. I am also willing to give him the benefit of believing him when he says that surgery is necessary right now. I just can't see a player of his caliber willingly sitting out for a playoff run for any other reason other than injury.

I'm not saying he isn't injured. I'm saying that big men who have back surgery are a risk. I'd take him too, but you've now got to consider the costs/health issue, when prior to this, he was a max guy without question.

I'm not saying he isn't injured. I'm saying that big men who have back surgery are a risk. I'd take him too, but you've now got to consider the costs/health issue, when prior to this, he was a max guy without question.

When I heard about that injury i was absolutely ecstatic that the Lakers did not end getting Dwight for Bynum

This is the first time he's had anything like this - yes it's a blemish on his otherwise perfect injury record, but I would still put him down as one of the more durable big men around. I can't believe this surgery would be sufficient to deter teams from going after him.

ST

While it is true that once a disk herniates its more likely to do so again, the type of surgery Howard had was relatively simple and he should have full range and mobility after rehab. He isn't much of a risk, unlike the like uninsurable Amare (who got 100 mil over 5 years).

wow Ron Artest just hit James Harden with the cheapest shot ive seen in a very very long time. What a stupid dick...

http://www.rantsports.com/courtcrusades/2012/04/22/video-metta-world-peace-elbow-to-james-harden/

Yeah I had just turned the game on when that happened. Meta World Peace went all RON ARTEST on that one.

I just don't know how it took so long for Artest to show his true colors again. I still am not sure how you can ever play in the league again after hitting a paying customer to your product.

Archived