NBA 2011-2012 Season

The Imp's Advocate

<p>

The NBA used to allow all sorts of thuggery they don't anymore.  Karl Malone has been gone for a long time.  If a player is swinging his elbow in a basketball play, it is obviously a different story.  But a cheap shot like this, after the play, from a repeat offender?  No reason for leniency.  If that's the way they've always done it, then it's time for things to change.

This reminds me ( the basketball play phrase ) of the game where Ron arrest was ejected after attacking Kobe's elbow with his throat during the Hou - Lal playoff series. Got a kick out of Avery Johnson explaining why he shouldn't have been suspended. I think the league came out and gave Kobe a flagrant 1 the next day.( it was called a foul on Ron during the game ) If I remember correctly, this was the same game fisher was ejected, and I think suspended, for elbowing scola in the chest.

What a fucking embarrassing performance by the Knicks, and after losing their second best defender we can probably consider this thing a done deal already. I thought they might at least take a game or two, never optimistic enough to think they would force it to game 7, but this was pitiful. Anthony choked big time.

This is from a broken hearted Dallas Mavs fan...

If this Durant kid can keep it up, he is going to make a pretty good player.

That was as clutch a shot that can be made in the NBA. It was by far the best game of the playoffs so far. I am actually a little encouraged that the Mavs played so well. This could be a great series.

Feel really bad for the Bulls and Rose. I would have loved for them to win it all. Alas...

Considering who seems to have a chance at this point, i will be rooting for the Spurs.

Ugh, and with that, there goes the post season. Thibs is a great great coach, but Rose should have been pulled already when that injury happened. No use second guessing at this point, I suppose, but still - feel really bad for the whole team and Rose. They'll make it out of the first round, but best of seven against Boston/Atlanta (I think?) not feeling great about that sans Rose. And then a series against the Heat most likely?

My boyfriend is a Spurs fan, so I'm gonna pull for them or OKC that they beat the crap outta LeBron in the finals. If it's not Spurs/Thunder versus the Heat I'll be shocked.

Mavs/Thunder was defnitely the most watchable game so far, hopefully it will be tightly contested series throughout.

Sucks that Rose was injured yet again. Injury aside, I am no Bulls fan but they were the only team in the East with a shot a stopping the Heat ( I am hoping for Lebron to revert to type and disappear in 4th quarters late in the playoffs, because the dude is looking unstoppable.)

This is from a broken hearted Dallas Mavs fan...

If this Durant kid can keep it up, he is going to make a pretty good player.

That was as clutch a shot that can be made in the NBA. It was by far the best game of the playoffs so far. I am actually a little encouraged that the Mavs played so well. This could be a great series.

I was surprised - I really thought the Mavs would get run off the court but they made it their game. If they can control like that, then they may have a shot - especially if it comes down to a friendly bounce on a last second shot.

Unbelievable that Rose is injured yet again, he's beginning to look like the younger brother of Samuel Jackson's character in Unbreakable, always a different injury, and frequently down and out. Being this injury prone is a threat to anyone's career.

Shame about Shumpert as well, great player to watch and one of the bright lights with the Knicks.

Surprised by how extremely tight the OKC- Mavericks game was, I hope the Mavericks aren't going to cause an upset myself. I love watching OKC play, but one cannot deny that they have lost quite a few more matches in the last quarter of the season.

Spurs on the other hand seem like the most legitimate candidate to stop the Heat. The Bulls, well they have proven this year they can be good without Rose, but they have become a good deal less exceptional now. I can still see them make the Eastern conference final against the Heat, but definitly do not foresee them going through without their best player.

Unbelievable that Rose is injured yet again, he's beginning to look like the younger brother of Samuel Jackson's character in Unbreakable, always a different injury, and frequently down and out. Being this injury prone is a threat to anyone's career.

The thing is Rose was a very durable player before this season. I think you can at least partially blame the schedule in this lock out impacted season for Rose's woes. None of his injuries had time to heal, they all piled up and snowballed.

I dont have anything to say about the Knicks. That game was an abomination and Shump getting hurt like that was fucking awful. Looking like a sweep. Our past playoff win...april 2001.

I thought Rose's back issues were from an old injury. It will be a shame if anything he suffered this year ends up being a persistent problem.

Nice comeback by the Clippers who had what it takes to tough out a big deficit (unlike that other team....) and the Celtics looked pretty bad in their game 1.

I thought Rose's back issues were from an old injury. It will be a shame if anything he suffered this year ends up being a persistent problem.

it might be but previous to this season Rose had missed something like 3 or 4 games in his entire career.

Not expecting a win from the Knicks tonight, but it would at least be nice if they weren't utterly humiliated again.

In other news, the Brooklyn Nets have unveiled their new logos. I really like the look; very nostalgic.

So the Knicks go from winning 7 in a row, LINSANITY! to Amar'e taking himself out of the rest of the series (most likely). I understand frustration and all, but really?

Haven't heard yet if there is any more damage to his hand than it just being cut.

Stupid, stupid move Amar'e. What a disappointing season he has had, he was an MVP candidate last year! I hate to say it , but the idea of trading him is starting to not sound so bad, Of course, trading him would be near impossible with the poor performance, all the durability issues, and that huge contract.

Yeah, it's been a pretty embarrassing playoffs for the Knicks thus far. While very few thought they could actually beat the Heat, many thought it would be a tough series with Carmelo playing as well as he is. Instead, it has been a beatdown (game 1), a dissapointing loss (game 2) and an embarrassing gaffe (postgame injury!?).

I get losing your temper when something you've worked so hard for is slipping away, it happens. But punching glass is a lot like fighting a bear. I don't need to do it even once to know that it's stupid.

I don't feel Stoudemire's absence puts much of a dent in the Knick's performance either way, he hasn't been helpful this year and they've actually done really well in the period when Lin and Anthony played and he was out.

Lin isn't getting back during this play-off run anymore is he?

They say Lin could possibly come back for game four, but realistically, considering that he has been out a month and a half, the fact that he was absolutely embarrassed the last time he faced the Heat, and that there are still a lot of aspects of his game in need of work, I don't think his return will bring much postitive to the team. There is no way he is prepared for the intensity of playoff basketball, he got knocked around a lot during the season, it will be much more physical now, not the best circumstances for coming off a surgery.

They say Lin could possibly come back for game four, but realistically, considering that he has been out a month and a half, the fact that he was absolutely embarrassed the last time he faced the Heat, and that there are still a lot of aspects of his game in need of work, I don't think his return will bring much postitive to the team. There is no way he is prepared for the intensity of playoff basketball, he got knocked around a lot during the season, it will be much more physical now, not the best circumstances for coming off a surgery.

If I were the Heat, I would be pleased to see Lin suiting up to play PG. He isn't in basketball shape, he's less than totally healthy, he has never experienced the playoffs and he was very shaky the last time he played Miami. I realize the Knicks don't have a lot of options overmatched as they are, but that would be a gamble without a payoff.

Lebron James has always been excellent at leading his teams to victory against inferior competition, and the Knicks are clearly not up to this challenge.

I think Lin's return would be more likely if they lose Game 3. They may decide "Fuck it, nothing's working,let's just go with the wildcard and at the very least give the home crowd the return of a popular player for the final game." If they pull off a win Thursday, they may still hope to win the second home game and stick with Davis/Bibby.

Archived